Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

On the first day of Christmas....

My true love gave to me a win for Norwich Ciiiity

On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me two strikers scoring and a win for Norwich Ciiity

On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me 3 points for city, two strikers scoring and a win for Norwich Ciiity

On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me 4 creative midfielders, 3 points for city, two strikers scoring and a win for Norwich Ciiity

On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me 5 GAMES UNBEATEN, 4 creative midfielders, 3 points for city, two strikers scoring and a win for Norwich Ciiity

On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me 6 million pounds, 5 GAMES UNBEATEN, 4 creative midfielders, 3 points for city, two strikers scoring and a win for Norwich Ciiity

On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me 7 Robert Green''s, 6 million pounds, 5 GAMES UNBEATEN, 4 creative midfielders, 3 points for city, two strikers scoring and a win for Norwich Ciiity

On the eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me 8 shots on target, 7 Robert Green''s, 6 million pounds, 5 GAMES UNBEATEN, 4 creative midfielders, 3 points for city, two strikers scoring and a win for Norwich Ciiity

On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me 9 Binners sold, 8 shots on target, 7 Robert Green''s, 6 million pounds, 5 GAMES UNBEATEN, 4 creative midfielders, 3 points for city, two strikers scoring and a win for Norwich Ciiity

On the tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me 10 drinks for every poster, 9 Binners sold, 8 shots on target, 7 Robert Green''s, 6 million pounds, 5 GAMES UNBEATEN, 4 creative midfielders, 3 points for city, two strikers scoring and a win for Norwich Ciiity

On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me 11 players turning up in the first half, 10 drinks for every poster, 9 Binners sold, 8 shots on target, 7 Robert Green''s, 6 million pounds, 5 GAMES UNBEATEN, 4 creative midfielders, 3 points for city, two strikers scoring and a win for Norwich Ciiity

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me a 12th placed finish, 11 players turning up in the first half, 10 drinks for every poster, 9 Binners sold, 8 shots on target, 7 Robert Green''s, 6 million pounds, 5 GAMES UNBEATEN, 4 creative midfielders, 3 points for city, two strikers scoring and.......... a win for Norwich Ciiity!

I thank you

Thats class!
Cheered me up any way.

Hope you don''t mind if I copy this on another forum.

(I''ll credit you of course)

[quote]My true love gave to me a win for Norwich Ciiiity On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me two strikers scoring and a win for Norwich Ciiity On the third day of Christmas my true love ...[/quote]

DD

the truth is finally out

YOU DO REALLY HAVE TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS

but brilliant all the same! 

[quote]My true love gave to me a win for Norwich Ciiiity On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me two strikers scoring and a win for Norwich Ciiity On the third day of Christmas my true love ...[/quote]

Absolutely bloody superb!!. Thanks for that DD, fair made my week mate.

Loved it DDiM! Not sure what you are going to do with seven Robert Greens though, admittedly 2 would be handy at the moment.

We need more of these posts to prevent us all sinking into the mire, depths of despair, doom and despondency, depression and doldrums.

Maybe susie b can write a few more songs for us too???

Xeno, give me a well-known tune song that you would like given Cityesque words and I''ll see what I can do!  This was great DD.  Can we print it off a few thousand times, hand it out before the game and give it a go!  I''m sure it would make MOTD if nothing much else did!

[quote]Xeno, give me a well-known tune song that you would like given Cityesque words and I''ll see what I can do! This was great DD. Can we print it off a few thousand times, hand it out before the game an...[/quote]

OK then, keeping to the festive theme (as it''s nearly December), how about Slade''s "Merry Christmas Everybody"?

or possibly "Once in Royle Norwich City",,,,no second thoughts scrap that!

[quote]OK then, keeping to the festive theme (as it''s nearly December), how about Slade''s "Merry Christmas Everybody"? or possibly "Once in Royle Norwich City",,,,no second thoughts scrap that![/quote]

zeno

i think the royle one could work

will try to think of a few lines for it tonight

Just for you, Xeno...but it is really living in fantasyland this one!

Merry Christmas Everybody...

Are you hanging up Joe Royle on your door? 
Is it time to ditch the Binners as a bore?       
Can you race a stoned canary round the pitch at Carrow Road?
Would a few points help to lighten up our load?

Chorus: 
So here''s to you, Norwich City,
Let''s just get this win thing done,      
Look to the future now it''s only just begun.

Are you waiting for your presents to arrive? 
Are you sure the box has three points wrapped inside?
Does your grandad always tell you that the old team was the best?           
And you end up trying to kill him with his vest!

Chorus:  etc.

What will our Worthy do when he sees Delia kissing a billionaire..ah ah ah?

Are you writing out your wish list at this time?  
Do you want a proven striker?..what a crime!
Can you see him on his way now as he trudges through the snow? 
And the board decides to part with all their dough.

Chorus x 2

Sorry folks, I''d better stick to the day job!

Pete, why has the text I typed gone crazy all over the page?  It was fine on the page in front of me!  (A stoned canary can only be the captain!!!  He nearly took my hand off at the Blackburn game!!!)

Sell the six duff Greenos and keep the one real one!  That''s it!

Pete, I was making a friend smile by shaking wings with the beloved CC.  Only thing was the last laugh was definitely on me ''cos whoever''s in that suit is pretty damned strong!

[quote]Just for you, Xeno...but it is really living in fantasyland this one! Merry Christmas Everybody... Are you hanging up Joe Royle on your door? Is it time to ditch the Binners as a bore? ...[/quote]

thank you susie b for rising to the challenge for us, that was marvellous. I liked the imagery of a stoned canary.

DDim and susie b. thanks for those great songs! They really made me smile and I needed something to make me smile having watched the Charlton game sat amongst the Charlton fans! How about words to the old Wham favourite ''Last Christmas''? How wonderful was last Christmas? I''m talking about the excitement of Hucks, not George and Andrew circa 1983!