Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Your worst East Anglian derby memory...

Losing 3-1 at their place in 93, the final nail in our championship bid. My dad zipped his coat up, put his hat in his pocket and said come on son lets go. PS we weren''t walking 5 min to the coach either, traveling back Bristol way. Walked out of the ground in colours to what seemed like about 5000 people screaming in my face ''where''s your title gone''.

Talk about having your nose rubbed in it.

Paul Mariner, Eric Gates,John Wark , Alan Brazil.With faces like the smell of gas , no team in the history of British football has ever paraded such a chamber of horrors.A motley crew who could put the wind up even Christopher Lee.Rumour has it that during the early 80s the binners would only use ballboys who were in the last year of high school,such was their ability to scare young children.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

OK.. If it''s to add balance then my worst derby memory was when Bellars scored on the night game at the Portaloo in 98/99? We only won that encounter by one goal whereas all the rest that I remember we won by at least two....

[;)]

[/quote]

Was that when we got a sighting of the infamous Craig Bellamy vest.

[/quote]

That''s the one! Quite a subdued celebration I thought...........

[;)]

that was my first ever away Derby.. good old Belluz! he has never said bad about us and has publically thanked us for bringing him back from 3 serious injurys when other clubs would have left him on the scrap heap... i know he has deserved a clip round the lug since he left but i wont have bad said about him for his time with us.

the fact he didnt celebrate when he scored against us for Newcaslte show where his loyalties lie...

[/quote]