Sign in to follow this  
Bomber

Fraser Forster

About time Houghton made his mind up on this one - we need to think about ourselves and get a keeper in rather than keep waiting on the decision of houghton - surely he must know by now what he wants to do instead of keep messing evryone around - lets get out there and get ourselves sorted instead of keep pampering to this idiot  

Newcastle may want to assess him in their pre season games and i read somewhere they did not let anybody out on loan last season untill August at the earliest , if we want Forster we will just have to be patient untill they are ready to do buisiness .

Personally I think we should get a keeper on a season loan and another keeper signed up and get Rudd and Steer out on loan for a season. However good Forster may be (and he''s by no means certain to come back) any goalkeeper needs some stiff competition ready to step into his shoes.Forster and Ruddy battling for the No.1 shirt would be perfect IMO.

[quote user="Bomber"]About time Houghton made his mind up on this one - we need to think about ourselves and get a keeper in rather than keep waiting on the decision of houghton - surely he must know by now what he wants to do instead of keep messing evryone around - lets get out there and get ourselves sorted instead of keep pampering to this idiot  [/quote]

Forster is Newcastle''s player, and Hughton is Newcastle''s manager, so why should he arrange things to suit Norwich? I agree we should move on, but calling the bloke an idiot is unjust.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]Personally I think we should get a keeper on a season loan and another keeper signed up and get Rudd and Steer out on loan for a season.

However good Forster may be (and he''s by no means certain to come back) any goalkeeper needs some stiff competition ready to step into his shoes.

Forster and Ruddy battling for the No.1 shirt would be perfect IMO.
[/quote]

You probably missed Lambert''s GK plans for next season - A number 1 (Forster or A.N.Other), Rudd and Steer go out on a half season loan each and are sub goalie for the other half of the season.

Have to agree Beauseant, Lambert has tried his hardest to get a deal done early but he is their player and we have to do it on their terms.

What does interest me though is Fraser''s open statements in the past in which he said he would outright rather go on loan somewhere for a season than sit on the subs bench at Newcastle getting the odd cup appearance here and there. Is he better than Harper and set to be their starting keeper all season? I expect him to go out on loan again but perhaps Hughton just wants to assess his fitness/ability in pre-season.

Lets all face it, even if Forster does come back here a few days before the season starts, he won''t have the trouble of gelling with the squad so much as say a brand new face would, as he already knows most of them.

[quote user="Bomber"]About time Houghton made his mind up on this one - we need to think about ourselves and get a keeper in rather than keep waiting on the decision of houghton - surely he must know by now what he wants to do instead of keep messing evryone around - lets get out there and get ourselves sorted instead of keep pampering to this idiot  [/quote]

''This idiot'' let us have Forster last season, with the result that his saves made a difference to our promotion attempt.   

But Lincs can we afford to wait till one week before the start of the season just on the off chance we''ll be able to sign a keeper? I don''t think we can take that risk.

Davo

[quote user="Davo"]But Lincs can we afford to wait till one week before the start of the season just on the off chance we''ll be able to sign a keeper? I don''t think we can take that risk. Davo[/quote]

I agree, Davo. The problem is that , even if Hughton said yes now, he could be recalled if any of their keepers got injured in preseason (I can''t believe he wouldn''t keep that option, nor would I blame him for doing so), which would leave us exposed. I''d love the big man back, but I think we have to move on now. He is not the only keeper in the world.

Tell me what sort of Club are we with Directors, Vice-Presidents, shareholders, 20,000 season tickets holders, Club 101 members, Hucky Club members, NCISA and Gunn Club members if we cannot raise a couple of million quid to make a bid for Fraser Forster a proven golden asset for the Club.We should be ashamed of ourselves.

Print off 20,000 Bank guarantee forms for £100 each , get them signed and borrow the money PDQ!!

Newcastle may just not want to sell or loan ? But what the hell, let''s just blame Delia and the board.

[quote user="Bobert"]

Tell me what sort of Club are we with Directors, Vice-Presidents, shareholders, 20,000 season tickets holders, Club 101 members, Hucky Club members, NCISA and Gunn Club members if we cannot raise a couple of million quid to make a bid for Fraser Forster a proven golden asset for the Club.We should be ashamed of ourselves.

Print off 20,000 Bank guarantee forms for £100 each , get them signed and borrow the money PDQ!!

[/quote]

If Foster was up for sale there would be a lot bigger clubs than Norwich up for buying him. You also forget he would now be on premiership wages. Forster may love Norwich but I bet his love affair with the club would come to an end rather quickly if he was asked to half his wages. Houghton has a club to manage and making the right decisions keeps his job, if it was Lambert I suspect we would be saying quite right rather than he is an idiot for putting our club first.

Never mind! He''ll get a cheer from me when he comes to Carrow Road with some other team.

Ruddy, Ruddy, England''s No.1!