Sign in to follow this  
Darren Lamb

Ruddy Signs!

[quote user="ldnboy"]What''s with all this ''undisclosed fee'' business? I want to know how much money we have! Good keeper though. He''ll be worth a few mill in the future.[/quote]

I''ve made a similar point elsewhere. We now have two very promising young keepers, with Steer also developing well, so whichever one comes off second best over the next couple of years will be a saleable asset.

I expect Jackson to have signed before we fly out later in the week. After that guess it will just be a right back and that may be it. Would still like a right winger but squad starting to look quite healthy.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]No press conference for him or Surman, do only certain players get one??[/quote]

Surman - Lambert was away, Ruddy - there''s a ''media day'' at Colney tomorrow.

[/quote]More possible signings tomorrow Pete??? aswell as showing off Ruddy[/quote]

Who knows.... I''m on holiday this week. Tomorrow is more a chance for us to film training and interview players before they jet off to Germany.

[/quote]

What again? Are you on a part time contract these days?

If ,as is rumoured that Rudd is to sent out on loan, this does raise the question as to whether he has been bought in as No.1 or No.2?, is the door finally shut on Forster.

I think I''d still have preferred Joe Lewis though?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="morty"]So, is he genuinely any good?

A lot of people have been speculating about him, but personally I know nothing whatsoever about him, apart from a few loan spells in lesser leagues recently.
[/quote]Of course he is...PL signed him didnt he!!!!![;)][/quote]

Yeah lol, fair one.

Makes me wonder though just when his luck will run out and one of his signings will turn out to be pants!
[/quote]Every now and then he may get it wrong..all managers do m8...even Sir Alex..Taibi(goal keeper sorry for spelling) he was just aweful lol.

Im 100% sure he will get it right 99% of the time tho...he seems to have a real good eye for a player

Having lived in Cambridge for virtually all of my life and being the keen football fan that I am, I''ve been to see Cambridge United (and of course John Ruddy) a few times back in the day.

He is a very good young goal keeper and as a result I wasnt very shocked when he left the U''s to go to Everton. Just as good as Forster- with prem experience dont forget! He''s ours as well which is an added bonus.

In my opinion we now just need a right back, Danny Green and Simeon Jackson and we are sorted.

Well done Lambo [Y]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

If ,as is rumoured that Rudd is to sent out on loan, this does raise the question as to whether he has been bought in as No.1 or No.2?, is the door finally shut on Forster.

[/quote]Really??? He made many costly errors last season...for me i think we have bought a better keeper in Ruddy

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]No press conference for him or Surman, do only certain players get one??[/quote]

Surman - Lambert was away, Ruddy - there''s a ''media day'' at Colney tomorrow.

[/quote]More possible signings tomorrow Pete??? aswell as showing off Ruddy[/quote]

Who knows.... I''m on holiday this week. Tomorrow is more a chance for us to film training and interview players before they jet off to Germany.

[/quote]

What again? Are you on a part time contract these days?

[/quote]

The pay would suggest it but no. Got to get the days in before the season starts....

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="morty"]So, is he genuinely any good?A lot of people have been speculating about him, but personally I know nothing whatsoever about him, apart from a few loan spells in lesser leagues recently.[/quote]Of course he is...PL signed him didnt he!!!!![;)][/quote]Yeah lol, fair one.Makes me wonder though just when his luck will run out and one of his signings will turn out to be pants![/quote]Every now and then he may get it wrong..all managers do m8...even Sir Alex..Taibi(goal keeper sorry for spelling) he was just aweful lol.

Im 100% sure he will get it right 99% of the time tho...he seems to have a real good eye for a player

[/quote]Lol your last line there reminds me of the sex panther one from Anchorman."They''ve done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time."[:D]

[/quote]

Joe Lweis would have cost a massive fee and I am still not convinced he is that special.

This guy has a good SPL season under his belt and comes froma  top club. I know people bang on about Scottish football being crap but i don''t believe it makes that much difference with goalkeepers. I think he could turn out to be a very good signing and he''s clearly been signed as our number 1.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="morty"]So, is he genuinely any good?

A lot of people have been speculating about him, but personally I know nothing whatsoever about him, apart from a few loan spells in lesser leagues recently.

Yeah lol, fair one.

Makes me wonder though just when his luck will run out and one of his signings will turn out to be pants!
[/quote]Every now and then he may get it wrong..all managers do m8...even Sir Alex..Taibi(goal keeper sorry for spelling) he was just aweful lol.

[/quote]

Lol your last line there reminds me of the sex panther one from Anchorman.

"They''ve done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time."

[:D]
[/quote]lol, great film...i watched Step Brothers the other day...i was in tears...brilliant

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="morty"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

Yeah lol, fair one.

[/quote]

[/quote]lol, great film...i watched Step Brothers the other day...i was in tears...brilliant[/quote]

Boats and hoes!!!!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="morty"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="morty"]So, is he genuinely any good?A lot of people have been speculating about him, but personally I know nothing whatsoever about him, apart from a few loan spells in lesser leagues recently.[/quote]Of course he is...PL signed him didnt he!!!!![;)][/quote]Yeah lol, fair one.Makes me wonder though just when his luck will run out and one of his signings will turn out to be pants![/quote]Every now and then he may get it wrong..all managers do m8...even Sir Alex..Taibi(goal keeper sorry for spelling) he was just aweful lol.

[/quote]Lol your last line there reminds me of the sex panther one from Anchorman."They''ve done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time."[:D][/quote]lol, great film...i watched Step Brothers the other day...i was in tears...brilliant[/quote]I have "acquired" Step brothers, its on my "To watch" list.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="morty"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

Yeah lol, fair one.

[/quote]

[/quote]lol, great film...i watched Step Brothers the other day...i was in tears...brilliant[/quote]

I have "acquired" Step brothers, its on my "To watch" list.
[/quote]Watch it m8 asap....its bloody brilliant had me in tears nearly all the way through...couldnt stop laughing

[/quote]

Oh dear.. Yes, he will be our number one. The plan is to send Rudd and Steer out on half season loans each. We do not need Forster now, we have three goalies.

Loe Lewis, LOL.

Well that means Fraser Forster is going elsewhere can not believe Ruddy would want to come here to play second string and he would know he would if Forster here. I have to say totally gutted as I rated Forster very highly certainly would have been best in Champoinship.Sorry I really rate the SPL as it is simply a two horse race every year and the list of other clubs Ruddy has been at do not inspire. If Forster goes toBurnley as suggested it will simply be money which as always we aint got.Lambert is needing a miracle to do anything other than survive next year in the Championship

[quote user="CJ"]Well that means Fraser Forster is going elsewhere can not believe Ruddy would want to come here to play second string and he would know he would if Forster here. I have to say totally gutted as I rated Forster very highly certainly would have been best in Champoinship.Sorry I really rate the SPL as it is simply a two horse race every year and the list of other clubs Ruddy has been at do not inspire. If Forster goes toBurnley as suggested it will simply be money which as always we aint got.Lambert is needing a miracle to do anything other than survive next year in the Championship [/quote]oops should be do not rate the SPL

[quote user="CJ"]Well that means Fraser Forster is going elsewhere can not believe Ruddy would want to come here to play second string and he would
know he would if Forster here. I have to say totally gutted as I rated Forster very highly certainly would have been best in Champoinship.

Sorry I really rate the SPL as it is simply a two horse race every year and the list of other clubs Ruddy has been at do not inspire. If Forster goes to
Burnley as suggested it will simply be money which as always we aint got.

Lambert is needing a miracle to do anything other than survive next year in the Championship
[/quote]you think we will struggle nxt season???

[quote user="CJ"]Well that means Fraser Forster is going elsewhere can not believe Ruddy would want to come here to play second string and he would
know he would if Forster here. I have to say totally gutted as I rated Forster very highly certainly would have been best in Champoinship.

Sorry I really rate the SPL as it is simply a two horse race every year and the list of other clubs Ruddy has been at do not inspire. If Forster goes to

Lambert is needing a miracle to do anything other than survive next year in the Championship
[/quote]

And Ruddy kept clean sheets against those horses.

Inform us how much money we don''t have.

LOL. I''ll come back and remind you at the end of the season.

[/quote]

So you think a line up of:

Ruddy

Smith Ward Whitbread Martin

Crofts

Surman                 Smith

Hoola

Holt Martin/Jackson

will struggle? Blas me bor!

[quote user="CJ"]Well that means Fraser Forster is going elsewhere can not believe Ruddy would want to come here to play second string and he would know he would if Forster here. I have to say totally gutted as I rated Forster very highly certainly would have been best in Champoinship.Sorry I really rate the SPL as it is simply a two horse race every year and the list of other clubs Ruddy has been at do not inspire. If Forster goes toBurnley as suggested it will simply be money which as always we aint got.Lambert is needing a miracle to do anything other than survive next year in the Championship [/quote]I find it interesting that people write Ruddy off because they haven''t heard of him. I think it says more about the person if their knowledge doesn''t stretch beyond the Premiership or the A47.

[quote user="CT "]

[/quote]

So you think a line up of:

Ruddy

Smith Ward Whitbread Martin

Crofts

Surman                 Smith

Hoola

Holt Martin/Jackson

will struggle? Blas me bor!

[/quote]

They will if we play Smith at right-back and Russell Martin at left-back.

[quote user=" CT "]

From the way I wrote it Smith is indeed at left back.

If you didnt want to be so damn patronising all of the time you would prehaps have realised.

[/quote]

Erm. No he isn''t. From the way you wrote it, Smith is at right-back. Do you actually watch football? Since when have you seen Russell Martin on that side of defence?

[quote user="CT "]

From the way I wrote it Smith is indeed at left back.

If you didnt want to be so damn patronising all of the time you would prehaps have realised.

[/quote]

If Smith is at left back, Ruddy must be playing defensive midfielder and the rest of the team are sitting in the Barclay.

[/quote]

According to Evertonians,when he stepped in,he never let them down..his trouble was always 2 good keepers in front..as a youngster,everton loaned out,and not letting any goals in against the big 2 in scotland must count in his favour!..There has been no hint of "its about the money" with forster,from us or newcastle! You really dont know anythong about football do you..

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="CJ"]Well that means Fraser Forster is going elsewhere can not believe Ruddy would want to come here to play second string and he would know he would if Forster here. I have to say totally gutted as I rated Forster very highly certainly would have been best in Champoinship.Sorry I really rate the SPL as it is simply a two horse race every year and the list of other clubs Ruddy has been at do not inspire. If Forster goes toBurnley as suggested it will simply be money which as always we aint got.Lambert is needing a miracle to do anything other than survive next year in the Championship [/quote]

And Ruddy kept clean sheets against those horses.

Inform us how much money we don''t have.

LOL. I''ll come back and remind you at the end of the season.

[/quote]On the money issue everyone knows the clubs coming down from the Premier League have a massive advantage with parachute paymentshence Burnley can afford way more than we can for Forster. We have spent and sold for peanuts hence undisclosed sums everywhere.Every one knows we have debts 6 mill plus but then so do most clubs in Championship except those on parachute paymentsEvery one knows also without Forster last year we would have struggled to get anywhere, there are two vital positions Goal Keeper andGoal Scorer get those right and the rest is so much easier as we did last seasonI really hope you are right that Lambert pulls off another miracle but none of the signings to date have been major targets for other clubsand when we do come up against competition as with Bailey we seem to lose outAs I said Lambert will need another miracle but he did perform one last season