Sign in to follow this  
dpit

Player you are proudest to have had pull on the yeller shirt...

Just watched a BBC World documentary on Zesh Rehman. Top, top bloke and even though he only played for us 5 times, I am proud that he has been a Canary.

[quote user="Lincs Canary"]The player i am most proudest to have pulled on a norwich shirt in recent years would be darren huckerby or peter crouch.
[/quote]

Why Crouch? [:)]

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="Lincs Canary"]The player i am most proudest to have pulled on a norwich shirt in recent years would be darren huckerby or peter crouch.[/quote]

Why Crouch? [:)]

[/quote]Here comes a really tall story

Because he has gone on to be one of the best english strikers.. best goal record in recent time for england and deserves to be in the england squad unlike some players.

[quote user="dpit"]Just watched a BBC World documentary on Zesh Rehman. Top, top bloke and even though he only played for us 5 times, I am proud that he has been a Canary.[/quote]

What was it about?

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[quote user="dpit"]Just watched a BBC World documentary on Zesh Rehman. Top, top bloke and even though he only played for us 5 times, I am proud that he has been a Canary.[/quote]

What was it about?

[/quote]

The work he has done to heal religious and political divides in Pakistan (he is Captain of the national team). Also the anti racisim and community work he does in the UK. That''s why I''m proud he was a canary

[quote user="dpit"][quote user="CDMullins"]

What was it about?

[/quote]

The work he has done to heal religious and political divides in Pakistan (he is Captain of the national team). Also the anti racisim and community work he does in the UK. That''s why I''m proud he was a canary[/quote]LOL

[quote user="Larry David"]He was rubbish.[/quote]he had 1 bad game.

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="dpit"][quote user="CDMullins"]

What was it about?

[/quote]

The work he has done to heal religious and political divides in Pakistan (he is Captain of the national team). Also the anti racisim and community work he does in the UK. That''s why I''m proud he was a canary[/quote]LOL[/quote]Why did you not make this clear in the first place?

[quote user="marchisio"][quote user="Larry David"]He was rubbish.[/quote]he had 1 bad game.[/quote]As you say he had onr bad game against Palace where A Johnson tore him to shreds and after that worthy never played him again. But before then he was pretty descent too be fair!

Ian Crook

Beautiful passer not the fastest but always had space and could dictate a game.

Imagine the slower more technical international game and Crook in the England team whyyy!!!

Travesty

[quote user="Fromage Frais"]Ian Crook

Beautiful passer not the fastest but always had space and could dictate a game. [/quote]I agree. Crooky was the best technical player I have had the pleasure of seeing in a City shirt and his ability to pick a pass was awesome. He was the key to the most attractive to watch side we have ever had.

Interesting.

We have had a few players here on loan that seems to have got their career''s going or got them re-ignited.

Scott Parker, Crouch, Healy . . . .

I think this sort of ''pride'' suggests that they have done things outside of football. So I would go for Gunn in his work in support of the fight against Lukemia.

Other wise you are just talking about great players which is a little different.

Dion as he is a model professional, or....Bellamy - purely on the basis that he is a passionate player who does a lot of work in africa and has set up his own academy to try and help communities.

Its funny which players turn out to do the most stuff off the pitch to help others. Drogba and Adebayor both have done lots of charity stuff in Africa.

Omar Koroma!

Either him, or Thomas Helveg. Model Pro.

It depends what you mean by "Proudest to have had pull on the yeller shirt." If you mean, them signing for Norwich and just the mere thought of them being Norwich players and it making you proud, it would be Safri, Huckerby, or Dublin. To have been able to attract players of that calibre (allbeit Dublin was towards the tail end of a great career) made me so proud to be a Norwich fan. Dublin then made me even prouder with how well he did for the club and what a great person he is.

If you mean just in terms of great players that may not have made you proud to pull on the yellow shirt the first time they did but went on to do great(ish) things and you''re proud they were a part of Norwich, then I would say Eadie, Sutton, and Bellamy.

I''m only going on players I have seen play, not on tv or videos.