Sign in to follow this  
city till i die

Take over

A wealthy business person is set to takeover at Carrow Road as early as next week, I don''t have any other details...just a wealthy business person

and not foreign! Hopefully sorted soon!!

And wouldn''t the shareholders have been informed of this?

I''d guess if it is true that it would be on the condition that the shareholders approved.

I''m pretty sure that takeovers are usually announced and then go through if they''re accepted by the shareholders.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]And wouldn''t the shareholders have been informed of this?[/quote]There now follows a public information announcement, with no bearing on the credibility or otherwise of this rumour...In theory the shareholders of a plc (which is what NCFC is) have to be told as soon as the would-be new owner forms the "firm intention" to make a bid. Obviously that phrase is not only open to interpretation but also it would be difficult to say with any certainty when someone had reached that stage. How to prove what is in someone''s mind?What is certainly true is that as soon as a formal offer is made that has to passed on in detail to shareholders. And that has not happened yet. Unless it''s in the weekend post.

I though that the details of any takeover were announced at a press conference and that they were then subject to the approval of the shareholders which is normally a formality. I don''t think the shareholders have to be contacted until it has all been made public.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Salahuddin"]And wouldn''t the shareholders have been informed of this?[/quote]

There now follows a public information announcement, with no bearing on the credibility or otherwise of this rumour...

In theory the shareholders of a plc (which is what NCFC is) have to be told as soon as the would-be new owner forms the "firm intention" to make a bid. Obviously that phrase is not only open to interpretation but also it would be difficult to say with any certainty when someone had reached that stage. How to prove what is in someone''s mind?

What is certainly true is that as soon as a formal offer is made that has to passed on in detail to shareholders. And that has not happened yet. Unless it''s in the weekend post.

[/quote]

"firm intention" indicates that all the groundwork has already been done. A potential investor/buyer would have contacted the majority shareholders and checked things over thoroughly before being sure. By the time the other shareholders are contacted I would imagine it''s only signing on the dotted line that needs to be done. If Delia and MWJ are all for it then there''s nothing any of the other shareholders can do to stop it presumably?

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Salahuddin"]And wouldn''t the shareholders have been informed of this?[/quote]There now follows a public information announcement, with no bearing on the credibility or otherwise of this rumour...In theory the shareholders of a plc (which is what NCFC is) have to be told as soon as the would-be new owner forms the "firm intention" to make a bid. Obviously that phrase is not only open to interpretation but also it would be difficult to say with any certainty when someone had reached that stage. How to prove what is in someone''s mind?What is certainly true is that as soon as a formal offer is made that has to passed on in detail to shareholders. And that has not happened yet. Unless it''s in the weekend post.[/quote]

"firm intention" indicates that all the groundwork has already been done. A potential investor/buyer would have contacted the majority shareholders and checked things over thoroughly before being sure. By the time the other shareholders are contacted I would imagine it''s only signing on the dotted line that needs to be done. If Delia and MWJ are all for it then there''s nothing any of the other shareholders can do to stop it presumably?

[/quote]MF, in essence that''s right. Any takeover (this doesn''t apply to MINORITY investment below a certain level) has to be voted on by shareholders. But with a 61.2 per cent majority stake that would probably be a formality, assuming this was indeed a friendly and not a hostile takeover. The only way in which it could be stopped would be if it was so obviously a lousy deal. Say one in which S&J were lining their pockets at the expense of the club''s long-term future. Not, as it happens, something I think they would do. In that case it MIGHT be possible to mobilise public opinion against the deal to such an extent that S&J scrapped the idea.

At what stage esthis become monotonous! ..On a scale of 1 to 100 of it actually being true,then my guess is 7,and thats only because im a optimist....But in my head im thinking another oxygen thief..

[quote user="Barclaybred"]At what stage esthis become monotonous! ..On a scale of 1 to 100 of it actually being true,then my guess is 7,and thats only because im a optimist....But in my head im thinking another oxygen thief..[/quote]

Obviously it has reached that stage as i couldnt even be bothered to spell "does" and space it from "this"!

make sense ,considering the amount of money being spent on players of late .

how much was surman..? ,reports say up to 1.2 million .

im not sure this is right ,but we are finding a fair bit of cash for a club that is skint

I think the guy on wrath who posted about this potential takeover has got things right in the past.

[quote user="kdncfc"]I think the guy on wrath who posted about this potential takeover has got things right in the past.
[/quote]

Confirmed today!

Holahoop will be leaving in January. My source is 100% official. The 2010 City calender doesn''t have him involved, gutted!

Posted By: Great Barrier Teeth on December 5th 2009 at 17:34:13

Hmmmm 100% ..Now even if he has `guessed` a few in the past correctly,to state "He will be leaving" and"100% official" 100% official!!!!!! Now my 7 /100 of this being true has dipped to 3

[quote user="Barclaybred"]

[quote user="kdncfc"]I think the guy on wrath who posted about this potential takeover has got things right in the past.
[/quote]

Confirmed today!

Holahoop will be leaving in January. My source is 100% official. The 2010 City calender doesn''t have him involved, gutted!

Hmmmm 100% ..Now even if he has `guessed` a few in the past correctly,to state "He will be leaving" and"100% official" 100% official!!!!!! Now my 7 /100 of this being true has dipped to 3

[/quote]

Take a quick look at Great Barrier Teeth''s track record before you start worrying...

Given that it includes "definite info" that we were bidding for Emile Heskey and about to appoint Iain Dowie, I wouldn''t lose too much sleep...

..Now 2/100

[quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="Barclaybred"]

[quote user="kdncfc"]I think the guy on wrath who posted about this potential takeover has got things right in the past.[/quote]

Confirmed today!

[/quote]

Take a quick look at Great Barrier Teeth''s track record before you start worrying...

Given that it includes "definite info" that we were bidding for Emile Heskey and about to appoint Iain Dowie, I wouldn''t lose too much sleep...

..Now 2/100

[/quote]If you read some more of the posts on there someone also states that he had been right in the past.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="Barclaybred"]

[/quote]

Confirmed today!

[/quote]

..Now 2/100

[/quote]
If you read some more of the posts on there someone also states that he had been right in the past.
[/quote]

Read what i posted! i said "even though he may have guessed a few" By using DEFINATE INFO and HOOLIE HAS GONE 100% OFFICIAL,stinks of a chancer ..I havent been bothered to check though all his posts,but im sure he has hit 1 on the head now and again...

[quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="Barclaybred"]

[quote user="kdncfc"]I think the guy on wrath who posted about this potential takeover has got things right in the past.[/quote]

Confirmed today!

[/quote]

..Now 2/100

[/quote]If you read some more of the posts on there someone also states that he had been right in the past.[/quote]

Read what i posted! i said "even though he may have guessed a few" By using DEFINATE INFO and HOOLIE HAS GONE 100% OFFICIAL,stinks of a chancer ..I havent been bothered to check though all his posts,but im sure he has hit 1 on the head now and again...

[/quote]I don''t really see how anyone could guess that we are going to sign a player without having been told by someone in the know tbh, you''d have to be extremely lucky to name a player we were going to sign and get it right even once. Only time will tell I guess but one day one of these takeover rumours will turn out to be true and who knows it may be this one.

[quote user="kdncfc"]I''d guess if it is true that it would be on the condition that the shareholders approved.
[/quote]

What about season ticket holders aswell, the price of a share is a one off payment, I pay more for my season ticket every year, mounting to thousands now, So why should only share holders be informed  

[/quote]

Confirmed today!

[/quote]

Generally speaking, anyone involved in the Norwich official calendar leaves before the end of that year!

[quote user="Barclaybred"]Easy you search dodgy website rumours,pick 1 up ,turn it into your own "source" and post on here![/quote]Doing that kind of thing doesn''t even enter my mind tbh, not that sad.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="kdncfc"]I''d guess if it is true that it would be on the condition that the shareholders approved.[/quote]

What about season ticket holders aswell, the price of a share is a one off payment, I pay more for my season ticket every year, mounting to thousands now, So why should only share holders be informed  

[/quote]The rules on takeovers are set the same way for any company structured in this way. You''re a customer of the company and it doesn''t make any sense for there to be a blanket rule that companies should have to inform their customers in this situation (and even less sense for them to have any sort of decision making powers - imagine if Tescos was being taken over and had to inform, or get the approval of, all of its customers...).Of course, whether football clubs should be structured this way or not is a different question. If the FA had any spine at all we might see football clubs being run like they are in Germany, say - and with knock on effects for developing young players that might be successful at international level. But I don''t expect the blazer-wearing free-lunching buffoons will do anything but bleat on about how the premier league (which they don''t even run, of course) is the ''best'' in the world. /rant over.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="kdncfc"]I''d guess if it is true that it would be on the condition that the shareholders approved.[/quote]

[/quote]That''s the difference between an investor and a customer.

Confirmed today!

[/quote]and the club will wait 6 months to cash in on a player they could sell tommorow.... b******s!