Sign in to follow this  
Devils Advocate.

Steve Tilson.

Southend have placed Steve Tilson on "Gardening Leave" and replaced him with Paul Sturrock. Given the number of times that Tilson has been linked with Norwich as boss, should we consider finding him a role at Carrow Road for when the inevitable happens?.

[quote user="John Morlar"]

Southend have placed Steve Tilson on "Gardening Leave" and replaced him with Paul Sturrock. Given the number of times that Tilson has been linked with Norwich as boss, should we consider finding him a role at Carrow Road for when the inevitable happens?.

[/quote]

not the daftest idea i''ve heard, like the klinsman - loew set up for the germans. proper "bootroom" promotions from within. i''m sure PL would have to sanction this though...

[quote user="yellow hammer"]Any relation to John Tilson?[/quote]You think he should be put on "gardening leave " too, huh? [;)]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Feel sorry for him. Good manager who has been very loyal and dumped on when the financial fall out destroyed his team last season[/quote]My thoughts exactly.

He may well join the paupers (if he is able to work on an ''intern'' basis) until the mad dog walker throws his toys out of the pram and stumps off.Oddly enough Southend were suppposed to be playing the paupers on friday, but it looks like Sothend may have to call off the game as they don''t even have eleven players - which is rather unfortunate for our impoverished neighbours as they couldn''t fix up a couple of pro games in Holland either. So much for Mr Roy''s pre season plans. Two pro games and a run out against a Spurs 11 and that''s it. Still, with no money to bring in new players the squad won''t need time to ''get to know each other''. I''m not too sure how many more wheels can come off the donkey cart that is ITFC but I''m sure we are in for a lot more fun before the real hilarity starts on Aug 7th.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="yellow hammer"]Any relation to John Tilson?[/quote]You think he should be put on "gardening leave " too, huh? [;)][/quote]

You can imagine it, Tilly sunning himself in his deck chair, Taddy lager in hand, while instructing his other half on how to dig the vegetable patch.

[quote user="yellow hammer"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="yellow hammer"]Any relation to John Tilson?[/quote]You think he should be put on "gardening leave " too, huh? [;)][/quote]

You can imagine it, Tilly sunning himself in his deck chair, Taddy lager in hand, while instructing his other half on how to dig the vegetable patch.

[/quote]

With his wardrobe the only job Tilly''s likely to get in the garden would be to scare the crows!

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Feel sorry for him. Good manager who has been very loyal and dumped on when the financial fall out destroyed his team last season[/quote]

I''ve always felt that with the right financial backing Steve Tilson could do wonders for a club. I suppose we''ll find out know.

My original idea is not a new one, remember the first ex Colchester boss we gave a job to? Mike Walker became reserve team manager under Dave Stringer and then took over from him about five years later. That worked out rather nicely to say the least. However once his release is sorted, I suspect that Steve Tilson will find another job rather quickly.

Not sure how this is meant to help them financially. Two managers on the books now, something behind the scenes defenitely involved.