Sign in to follow this  
Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son

RB and Striker then done ??

I would add a RW if possible, but essentially, a ST and RB would be about there.

Come on down Danny Green, Ebanks-Blakes (loan for a year) if not Jackson, RB, not too sure on that one, not one of positions that I know off too well.

Lets have some suggestions for RB then.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I would add a RW if possible, but essentially, a ST and RB would be about there. Come on down Danny Green, Ebanks-Blakes (loan for a year) if not Jackson, RB, not too sure on that one, not one of positions that I know off too well. Lets have some suggestions for RB then.[/quote]

Gavin Hoyte from Arsenal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavin_Hoyte

If you''re going to go down the loan route for RB I''d rather Sam Hutchinson from Chelsea, but to be honest I want Francomb to be given a chance before another youngster is brought in.

How old is Francomb?

He impressed me in the game he played at CR last season- before going off injured.

If he''s 18/19 then I would advocate giving him a chance as the number 2 right back.

After brief research has revealed that Jackson is only 5''8", even if we were to sign him it doesn''t really address another glaring gap i.e cover for Holt. We would need  a like for like cover for him as we saw last season how he was missed when not there.

Jackson,McDonald and Johnson would all appear to be similar strikers?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

After brief research has revealed that Jackson is only 5''8", even if we were to sign him it doesn''t really address another glaring gap i.e cover for Holt. We would need  a like for like cover for him as we saw last season how he was missed when not there.

[/quote]Hence it''s important we get Jackson or somebody like him in, McDonald & Johnson are simply no more than impact players from the bench at this level.

[quote user=" CT "]I pretty much agree mate. A rb- youngster from the prem on loan maybe? A striker- Simeon Jackson. If we sign those two positions then yep I''m very happy.[/quote]

I don''t like the sound of a youngster from the Prem on loan coming here.  Unless they are really talented they don''t really care and often don''t put in the shift required.  This was proved in our relegation season.

Also there has been a lot of talk of Steve Finnan but he is a standard Premier League player IMO so I really doubt he would even consider coming here.  I also can''t see Ebanks-Blake coming here either.  Both would be great signings though.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

Hence it''s important we get Jackson or somebody like him in, McDonald & Johnson are simply no more than impact players from the bench at this level.
[/quote]

Correct! [Y]  Although I believe that given a run of games and a bit of confidence McDonald could turn out to be very good.

Also I don''t like it when people want to buy someone as ''cover'' for Holt.  Surely we would buy someone who is going to seriously challenge him for his place or buy someone who is an improvement.

Francomb right back for me, you need to start playing them at some point otherwise whats the point. I would rather have 2 strikers, a direct replacement for Grant Holt and a skillful pacy front man. An established Oli Johnson if you like.

Also wouldnt rule out a loan from the prem. Maybe a promising youngster of some description. I know Roeder killed the idea of the loan system form some, but to not use it at all is missing a trick in my opinion.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Francomb right back for me, you need to start playing them at some point otherwise whats the point. I would rather have 2 strikers, a direct replacement for Grant Holt and a skillful pacy front man. An established Oli Johnson if you like. Also wouldnt rule out a loan from the prem. Maybe a promising youngster of some description. I know Roeder killed the idea of the loan system form some, but to not use it at all is missing a trick in my opinion.[/quote]One or Two are fine...when you try to field a whole team...well it speaks for itself(doesnt work)

sorry should have put for RB......though i believe he did score 2 or 3 in a game when Warnock put him up front.....perhaps he could cover for both!!!!!!

Hasn''t Liam Rosenior been mentioned in dispatches for the RB position?

Quite a (quiet!) cull since the end of the season so far. Cureton, McVeigh, Doc, Spillane and now Stephens all gone; Elliot and Rose loans just that, plus Forster now not coming back; Wiggins not likely to come back either...and have I missed anyone? Thats nine from last season''s squad-and thats probably not the last of the departures out either.

Reckon Lambert has another Surman-type ace up his sleeve yet, we will see...

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]Butterfield just released from Palace, available then for nothing, aged 31 and bags of experience....would be my choice
[/quote]

But not Lambert''s, at 31 he is at least 5 years too old.

Quite a (quiet!) cull since the end of the season so far. Cureton, McVeigh, Doc, Spillane and now Stephens all gone; Elliot and Rose loans just that, plus Forster now not coming back; Wiggins not likely to come back either...and have I missed anyone? Thats nine from last season''s squad-and thats probably not the last of the departures out either

--------------------------------------------------

Im expecting more to leave, tudur jones, gill, daley, askou and probably cody if we are all honest, probably out on loan some where. Lamberts making his own squad and cashing in on the players that wont get anywhere near his 1st team!

I think Francomb deserves his chance...he''s good enough...

As for a striker I don''t get the hype about Simeon Jackson when we could go for someone a little more experienced in this league...