Sign in to follow this  
Montgomery Bumpkin

Ulf Ottoson

I''ve just seen that Ulf the Wolf is a free agent after being released by Lokomotiv Jerkov.

What do people think about resigning the legend?

Could he provide the back-up for Horse and Martin we desperately need?

I''ll never forget the game against Sheff U in about 1996 where he missed chance after chance after chance before finally scoring his only goal for us. Wonderful stuff!

Who could forget that legendary day at Bramhall Lane?

Anyway, I''ve heard of a ocuple more players who''ve been released and are looking for clubs. A young lad called Dean Coney whom, I''m assured is a goal machine and headed for great thing and Spanish gent by the monicker of Victor Segura. Don''t know much about Victor but he could be worth a punt.

[quote user="Montgomery Bumpkin"]

I''ve just seen that Ulf the Wolf is a free agent after being released by Lokomotiv Jerkov.

What do people think about resigning the legend?

Could he provide the back-up for Horse and Martin we desperately need?

[/quote]People around here are so easy to wind up. Sort of takes the sport out of it don''t you think? [*-)]

[quote user="canaryjock"]I''ll never forget the game against Sheff U in about 1996 where he missed chance after chance after chance before finally scoring his only goal for us. Wonderful stuff![/quote]

He didn''t even score against a proper keeper. I seem to remember that Alan Kelly went off injured so David Holdsworth (a centre back) had to go in goal. Then about a couple minutes later Ottoson gleefully smashed the ball past him. Great game that one.

Olf would do well to head for poorman road. They have a fondness for part time Scandinavians - Skard. Mind you Olf might have to hang around a bit until the paupers can scrape together a few more pennies. Odd how even now they are not paying three previous Sunderland loanees, Upson, Wright, Plug, Balkestein and Rosenior they still can''t sign anyone. They''ve even had to put up EIGHT players to raise some dosh.Perhaps they could raise some money by organising a friendly against some top European club, Lazio for instance. I do hope they find some money somewhere