Sign in to follow this  
YELLOW BELLY

433 for Saturday

This Saturday isn''t critical to our season... no one single game is, but we must win some if we are going to stay up...

We need to score goals to win games..

For the Southampton game I think we should go all out to score goals to win the game.. and all out from the first whistle not just the second half..

formation   4-3-1-2

Green (if fit)

Eddie  Fleming   charlton  Drury

Safri        Holt         Helveg

As much as I would like to change the shape of the team Worthy will stick with a 4-4-2 - he might go back to the diamond, (Safri bottom, Bentley to, Jonson and Francis middle might work well)but I very much doubt it.

I do think a change of formation is needed to get our most talented players (not good honest workhorses) on the pitch in a manner that means they can defend & be threatening.

OTBC

not convinced on that one.... my formation would probably be...

Ward

Eddie      Flemming       Charlton      Drury

Jonson   Safri/Mullers    Francis  Bentley/Mcveigh

Svenson/Leon    Hucks    

And have some members of the midfield getting in the box when were on the attack so sven/leon isn''t in the box on his own thus easily marked out.

WardHelveg Flem Charlton DruryBentley Mullers Francis Hucks Leon McVeighGive WLY a go up front, the best natural finisher we have and please drop Jonsson.This is the best team of ball players we can muster, so lets give it a go.

I dont disagree with your team worthy nigelton but if you are looking at the best ball players at the club the best passer for the last couple of games has been svenson - markedly better than any other player and probably the best passer at the club at the moment - tells you a lot about our midfield quality doesnt it!OTBC

Ward

Helveg Flem Charlton Drury

Bentley Mullers Francis Hucks

Leon Svensson

this is it, everthings pointing our way

1. the death of "Mr Norwich City" surley he can help us, wherever he is and the players should be spurred on by that
  2. Helvegs gonna score the winner after this weeks outburst fron the danish bacon of a head coach!

Yeah Zippers I kind of agree, I did think possibly Sven instead of Leon but its tough to call between them two so I picked Leon because I like him better.

With his comments at the press conference on todays pink-un Home page looks like he is sticking with the same team as he has been impressed with the defence and does not think height is a problem.

Cant argue with that worthy N - there isnt much between the two players and what he lose in touch with sven we gain with Leons energy and movement.OTBC

Leon''s movement and energy?

I have a two year old Border Collie with great movement and energy, but his control lets him down.

Remind you of anyone?!

Get Svensson in.

As I said what you gain with one striker you lose with the other. What Leon does is make the opponent defenders have to move with him so hoepfull creating space. With Sven they can be more static but they have to read where he is likely to lay the ball off to.Given a half chance though I know I would rather it fell to Sven than leon - I am convinced leon would have made a hash of the chance sven sored against rover - as the quality of first touch is so much better.Without leon we do look far to static - swings and roundabouts between the two for me - as leons non existent quality of touch is match by the lack of energy from sven.Lets face it - neither are really up to this league full time.OTBC