Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Best of luck Fraser Forster

With the signing of Ruddy, it''s very unlikely we will not get Forster, right?Well I would like to wish the very best to Forster, and also thank him for this season.Having read many comments on here on the subject, I got the impression many had forgot how good he was for us. He was excellent and without him we may not be where we are now. Thanks Fraser, best wishes. [Y]

You never know we could still get Forster. I seem to remember under Peter Grant when we were chasing D Marshall and Celtic were playing up over letting us have him. So Grant signed Matty Gilks just incase we diddnt get Marshall although we did still end up getting marshall

By what they have said on the comments on the offcial Everton website on the story we have signed ruddy scroll bottom of page and most if not all 10 comments are quite positive and make him better than Forster but i wont go by words like no one should really we should give ruddy 10 games and not get on his back i fwe lose first game of season against watford after all we are on sky sports haha

why does he need luck ffs-he played for us for a season-the way you lot go on you would think he was a bloody legend here.get over him and move on

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]why does he need luck ffs-he played for us for a season-the way you lot go on you would think he was a bloody legend here.get over him and move on[/quote]

Lol for once I agree with you!

[quote user="ncfc4life"]You never know we could still get Forster. I seem to remember under Peter Grant when we were chasing D Marshall and Celtic were playing up over letting us have him. So Grant signed Matty Gilks just incase we diddnt get Marshall although we did still end up getting marshall
[/quote]

And TBH I think Gilks has turned out to be the better keeper

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]why does he need luck ffs-he played for us for a season-the way you lot go on you would think he was a bloody legend here.get over him and move on[/quote]

[/quote]

Slightly harsh but for once true.  He was part of a special team - one that won a divisional league title - and we havent had many of them.  I think people will always remember Forster for his saves especially in games like Charlton (A) but there were mistakes too

And yes he only played for three quarters of a season - had Alnwick stayed he may have been the hero. 

With the signing of Ruddy, it''s very unlikely we will not get Forster, right?

Err do you mean we will, we wont OR.........[;)]

Don''t get me wrong Fraser Forster was a fantastic keeper for us who made many vital contributions. However there are other good goalkeepers out there. I am just afraid that people will automatically have it in for Ruddy on the basis that he is not Fraser Forster. Thus every mistake will be criticised all the more fiercely. It should be remembered as good as Forster was he did drop a couple of clangers as all keepers do. The shanked kick at Leeds and that spillage which led to Marcus Stewart''s goal for Exeter spring to mind. He also got himself sent off twice leaving us having to play with 10 men for over an hour in two games which were very winnable. So give Ruddy a chance. He has played a lot of first team football already and on paper at least this isn''t as big a risk as signing Forster was last season who had only played a handful of games for Bristol Rovers and Stockport.

I don''t see any reason at all why we wouldn''t still be waiting on Forster.  Lambert has already said he sees Rudd and Steer as ones for the future in need of more experience on loan.  If his plans did work out we would still need 2 keepers anyway.  Ruddy wanted to be near his family in Cambridge so a move to Scotland wasn''t especially realistic, so we''ve moved quickly.Scenario a) We don''t get Forster, Rudd deputises for Ruddy (Lambert has a thing about surnames...or Surmans...), life goes onor b) We get FF, Ruddy deputises.  Rudd/Steer/Both go out on loan to Walsall or Swindon or whoever, life goes on.Either way I think it''s a decent bit of business.

I''m happy we are some way further in getting the GK position sorted out. Lambert has got a talented GK in and he is still trying to Get FF in. But I think he knows he won''t just get FF ''s services. We''ve got two keeper''s now, Rudd can deputise for Ruddy. We know Rudd is good enough as a back-up , let alone a nr. 1 if the first choice gets injured.

I don''t think we''ll get FF, because it still has not been sorted out. But let''s remain positive!

Think Ruddy is looking for first team football, and knowing the situation with FF would probably have wanted some sort of assurance from Lambert about what the situation is. Just guessing but being on loan for the majority of his time while at Everton to get some experience then signing for a championship club and playing backup to an on loan younger keeper - doesnt sound likely.I think it''ll be Ruddy with Rudd as 2nd for half the season while Steer goes out on loan then swap for the other half of the season. Ruddy looks good and i for one cant wait to see him play, and am not at all disappointed its him and not FF. Hes had the years of experience that FF is going through so hopefully wont make as many mistakes, his distribution looks a lot better than FF (not that that''s difficult) and hes our player! Great signing

I''m happy to thank him for last leason, but wish him well? he''s an oppo player now ffs, so no, I''ll not wish him that![:|]

I disagree here Brendo, I still think the door is open for him. Having Ruddy and Forster has no1 and no2? Yes please!

[quote user="First Wizard"]I''m happy to thank him for last leason, but wish him well? he''s an oppo player now ffs, so no, I''ll not wish him that![:|][/quote]Not this season anyway....... [Y]

[quote user="Barclay hero"][quote user="Salahuddin"]

[/quote]

And yes he only played for three quarters of a season - had Alnwick stayed he may have been the hero. 

[/quote]

Agreed. I think Alnwick would have been even better than Forster. I''m grateful for the effort he put in for the season he was with us. We''ve all seen loan signings that haven''t given the effort the club or fans deserve. Other than that, We have a new ''keeper to get behind now. RUDDY! WE RUDDY LOVE RUDDY! WE RUDDY LOVE RUDDY! WE RUDDY LOVE RUDDY! (perhaps. Hahaha)

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]I don''t see any reason at all why we wouldn''t still be waiting on Forster.  Lambert has already said he sees Rudd and Steer as ones for the future in need of more experience on loan.  If his plans did work out we would still need 2 keepers anyway.  Ruddy wanted to be near his family in Cambridge so a move to Scotland wasn''t especially realistic, so we''ve moved quickly.

Scenario a) We don''t get Forster, Rudd deputises for Ruddy (Lambert has a thing about surnames...or Surmans...), life goes on

or b) We get FF, Ruddy deputises.  Rudd/Steer/Both go out on loan to Walsall or Swindon or whoever, life goes on.

Either way I think it''s a decent bit of business.
[/quote]

I agree chimp. Ruddy left Everton simply for first team football not to warm a championship bench when he could be warming a premiership bench. Cant beleive he would not have asked about Forster before signing and surely the answer was positive hence his signature.

I will always look out for Fraser and hope one day he becomes the England number 1, however who knows maybe Ruddy will take that honour one day.

Now that we have got Ruddy why on earth would we still want to have Forster as well?

It would be another wage to find and more especially it would deprive goalkeepers who are not loaned to the club experience of first team football either on the bench or occasionally between the sticks.

Let''s look after our own not another loanee.

As for good luck to FF. Sure all the best in the world, as long he is not playing against us.

[quote user="AJ"]I disagree here Brendo, I still think the door is open for him. Having Ruddy and Forster has no1 and no2? Yes please![/quote]Of course. [Y]The main reason for the post, was many people seemed to forget just how good he was for us last season. Comments like "lets go and by a good goalkeeper" come across as if Fraser wasn''t that good?Well if he doesn''t come here, I for one would like to thank him. Anyway, I am delighted as the next person that we have signed Ruddy [Y], but I haven''t seen him play yet, so can''t judge. Still, good signings so far. [:)]Heard earlier that Ipswich haven''t signed one single player. [:|] [:D]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="AJ"]I disagree here Brendo, I still think the door is open for him. Having Ruddy and Forster has no1 and no2? Yes please![/quote]

Of course. [Y]

The main reason for the post, was many people seemed to forget just how good he was for us last season. Comments like "lets go and by a good goalkeeper" come across as if Fraser wasn''t that good?

Well if he doesn''t come here, I for one would like to thank him. Anyway, I am delighted as the next person that we have signed Ruddy [Y], but I haven''t seen him play yet, so can''t judge.

Still, good signings so far. [:)]

Heard earlier that Ipswich haven''t signed one single player. [:|] [:D]
[/quote]

Apart from it being blatantly obvious we had given up on Forster when the Ruddy signing was announced...

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2168011/ShowPost.aspx