Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

So who is the "one more" ?

I''d guess at Jackson. If you''re looking for clues then the fact theat the number 10 was not allocated when the squad numbers came out may suggest PL is working on bringing in a striker.

To be honest I would like a direct replacement for Grant Holt. I think we struggled last season without him and none of the other stikers including Jackson are target men

In my mind, we have to make every effort we can to buy Liam Rosenoir (right back, available for free transfer). If we buy him, i''ll be happy for us to set off into the new season without that back-up striker we''ve been looking for.

Probably a Right Back AND Striker - Lambo''s style seems to be along the lines of ''under promise and over deliver''!

I''d guess Liam Rosenior and Simeon Jackson top his wish list...

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]Probably a Right Back AND Striker - Lambo''s style seems to be along the lines of ''under promise and over deliver''! I''d guess Liam Rosenior and Simeon Jackson top his wish list...[/quote]

Thats ''TWO'' more

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]Probably a Right Back AND Striker - Lambo''s style seems to be along the lines of ''under promise and over deliver''! I''d guess Liam Rosenior and Simeon Jackson top his wish list...[/quote]

Thats ''TWO'' more

[/quote]I''d suggest you read more than just the last sentance. Greetings

[quote user="John"]In my mind, we have to make every effort we can to buy Liam Rosenoir (right back, available for free transfer).

If we buy him, i''ll be happy for us to set off into the new season without that back-up striker we''ve been looking for.
[/quote]

Is it wise to "buy" something that is available "free"?  :-)

[quote user="Chip20"]

[quote user="John"]In my mind, we have to make every effort we can to buy Liam Rosenoir (right back, available for free transfer). If we buy him, i''ll be happy for us to set off into the new season without that back-up striker we''ve been looking for.[/quote]

Is it wise to "buy" something that is available "free"?  :-)

[/quote]haha, Oh dear...I really set myself up for these don''t i? Stupid Me!

... Perhaps i was referring to the contract, and any agent or signing on fee''s that may be involved in the deal? (Though i concede, i may be clutching at straws to save whatever remnant of dignity i can) [:D]

[quote user="Felixfan"]Is anyone going to fill the spare seat on the plane to Germany?[/quote]

Was there a spare seat?  You might find it going on last minute dot com.... [;)]

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

Thats ''TWO'' more

[/quote]

Exactly. One is the expectation and two would be the ''over delivered'' bit!

I''d be surprised if its only one new signing by the weekend. We have an excess of midfielders that could still be shipped out...

I really hope we don''t sign Rosenior. From what I have heard he is not the kind of personality that it is good to have in a squad.

Also he is massively over rated, mostly by himself.

[quote user="7rew"]I really hope we don''t sign Rosenior. From what I have heard he is not the kind of personality that it is good to have in a squad.

Also he is massively over rated, mostly by himself.[/quote]Heard the same about him,apparently who I spoke to was amazed he can header the ball with his head so far up his own behind.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Andy Keogh[/quote]Doncaster are after Keogh to team up again with Billy Sharp , very good strikeforce if they get him .Think we could do with 2 new strikers and one of them proven in the Championship we look very very weak up front.

[quote user="Ncfc"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Andy Keogh[/quote]

Doncaster are after Keogh to team up again with Billy Sharp , very good strikeforce if they get him .Think we could do with 2 new strikers and one of them proven in the Championship we look very very weak up front.
[/quote]

Given we have a strikeforce that scored more goals than any other team in league one I would hardly say we look very, very weak. I do however agree we could do with another option up there! Personally i would like Jackson but each to their own.