Sign in to follow this  
Hog

We will go with what we have got!

How long before we hear this as Paul Lamberts self imposed transfer deadline looms ever closer?

Who here is confident that what we have is good enough.....?

I don''t think he''ll say that. Yes he''s stated he wants all business done by the time they leave for Germany but if he feels he needs another layer he will bring them in when he can just the sooner the better is all.

Davo

The thought of having to "go with what we''ve got" does not put the fear of god into me in the same way it did last time I heard those words uttered. I think if we had to start the season with the squad we''ve got now then we would do ok.

That said i would like to see a RB and CF join and maybe also a right winger in case we need to play 4-4-2. If we got players in those positions in then i think we would have a very nicely balanced squad.

"The thought of having to "go with what we''ve got" does not put the fear of god into me in the same way it did last time I heard those words uttered. I think if we had to start the season with the squad we''ve got now then we would do ok.

That said i would like to see a RB and CF join and maybe also a right winger in case we need to play 4-4-2. If we got players in those positions in then i think we would have a very nicely balanced squad."

Entirely agree, going with what we have got would be far better than paying over the odds, Do like the Harwood rumours though .

There is no self imposed transfer deadline. The quote which has been misconstrued is that he wanted one more before they leave on Sunday. The question posed to Lambert was, "Can we expect any transfer activity before you leave for Germany?"

Who knows, there could be more upon Lambert''s return.