Sign in to follow this  
rocky marshall

It's Simeon Jackson sign day!

Off to watch Gillingham at Braintree Town tonight so will see if Mr Jackson is in the squad and if not will try and find out from Hessentaler why [;)]

Good man! Though hopefully there will be no need as he will have signed this afternoon!

[quote user="Essex_Canary"]Off to watch Gillingham at Braintree Town tonight so will see if Mr Jackson is in the squad and if not will try and find out from Hessentaler why [;)][/quote]If you can''t get an answer of AH tonight I''ll just ask PL tomorrow at Dare-rem if there''s no news today. I''m sure between us we''ll wrap this situation up for everyone.

How many posts have we got on this player now?

Why is he so desired?  OK he''s quick but I wouldnt say his goals-game ratio is good in League 1 - and he''s a league 2 player

Personally I think he''d be behind Holt and Martin and he''s not significantly better than Oli Johnson

If we sign Jackson then fine but I hope we dont overspend cos I think people will be disappointed come the end of next season.....

Southampton linked now, 750k deal. One site saying it was a done deal......

With S''ton in recent administration and massively in debt. How come they can outbid us who play by the rules? Look at the quality they signed last year as well (Otsemobor aside!).

Administration''s a joke. A 2 division automatic relegation would be better than the 10 point joke. 

Last time I checked they had wealthy owners, in administration?

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

How many posts have we got on this player now?

Why is he so desired?  OK he''s quick but I wouldnt say his goals-game ratio is good in League 1 - and he''s a league 2 player

Personally I think he''d be behind Holt and Martin and he''s not significantly better than Oli Johnson

If we sign Jackson then fine but I hope we dont overspend cos I think people will be disappointed come the end of next season.....

[/quote]

I agree with you that we shouldn''t overspend on him, howver I think he would add something that we don''t have at the moment - pace. I wouldn''t compare him to OJ

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]

With S''ton in recent administration and massively in debt. How come they can outbid us who play by the rules? Look at the quality they signed last year as well (Otsemobor aside!).

Administration''s a joke. A 2 division automatic relegation would be better than the 10 point joke. 

[/quote]

yh they are now owned by swiss billionaires.

Simeon jackson will offer somthing a lot different to what we have. He is most like cody from what we have only bigger, stronger, faster, fitter and can hit the net. His goal scoring record for the gills may not be awesome but that was a team that failed to win away all season, that shows he carried the team for much of the first part of the season.

He would compliment Holt perfectly but Martin would start first choice and it would be up to Jackson to muscle his way in.

Looks as though he is going saints though :(

[quote user="rocky marshall"]U heard it here first![/quote]

So is it still happening?

Saints already have Lambert, Barnard, Lallana and Connolly, probably a better quartet than we have on our books, so you do wonder why they would need him and/or why he''d want to go there if a Champs side was in for him...but perhaps one of their other strikers is on the move?

From the twitter feeds it seems like we were attempting to get someone in today but there were complications....

I think what Dr Ink is trying to say (and I agree with him) is that the 10 point deduction for going into administration is no real punishment and that the punishment should be a lot harsher. I can only assume that players like Jackson will see Southampton as a step up from Gillingham and a better long term prospect than us given their wealth?.....