Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Ink

Signing today

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

He will sign for us if we can agree a fee. Only thing that will stop it will be if Saints offer Gills a stupid fee and we refuse to match it.

[/quote]But the player himself could refuse the move. 

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

He will sign for us if we can agree a fee. Only thing that will stop it will be if Saints offer Gills a stupid fee and we refuse to match it.

[/quote]

How do you know that?  Spoken to the player?  McNally?  Lambert?  Or is it just your opinion?

EVERY player signed so far this season has been pretty much unexpected.  So the fact that many people expect us to sign Jackson makes it unlikely we will

That said I cant see him going to Saints either - he''d be behind Lambert, Barnard etc and I dont think he''d significantly improve what they already have

Exactly

I think its more likely that any new players will fly out separately to the German camp....if indeed they dont join us afterwards...

[quote user="Barclay hero"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

How do you know that?  Spoken to the player?  McNally?  Lambert?  Or is it just your opinion?

EVERY player signed so far this season has been pretty much unexpected.  So the fact that many people expect us to sign Jackson makes it unlikely we will

That said I cant see him going to Saints either - he''d be behind Lambert, Barnard etc and I dont think he''d significantly improve what they already have

[/quote]

Maybe but the only difference here is that the Gills chairman went shooting his mouth off in the press, presumably in an attempt to encourage other bids and push the price up. Were it not for that then I think this one would also have remained under the radar as you tend tend to hear a peep from Norwich until these things are done and dusted. Lets just wait and see.

"EVERY player signed so far this season has been pretty much unexpected.  "

Rant mode... But I couldnt agree more. Im surprised so few people have made the connection between the players we actually have signed, and the amount of speculation and rumour that surrounded those players beforehand (IE: Very little, or none)The only one that apparently was true was the Taiwo rumour, and even then he still allegedly failed his medical. You read threads like this "I''d be happy with this!!! Harewood & Sam" and 95% are full of rubbish. Perhaps everyones just bored?If they do come true then great, and im sure the odd one or two will; we know that we are interested in Jackson for example. But no one knows for sure whats going on, and on the whole people are just pissing in the wind.

Play nicely, Nana

Incidentally Im sure you''ll be thrilled to know I''m supporting Holland on Sunday - but only cos I drew them in the work sweepstake......

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Big Slob"]There could be a press conference at 2 i heard, unreliable source though.[/quote]

your brain!

[/quote]Ha, you can talk you pinkun obsessed cunt.

None of the Archant staff have tweeted that there''s a press conference at 2pm...

[quote user="Dogger "]Its at 5pm - Pete just txt me[;)][/quote]

you just joking or is that true?

[quote user="Dogger "]Its at 5pm - Pete just txt me[;)][/quote]You are such a liar  Dogger! Pete is off this week and he''s with me now, fishing at Sprowston lakes!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Ahh Laps you just ruined my afternoon! [:''(][/quote]

Why, did you want to go fishing with Pete?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Dogger "]Its at 5pm - Pete just txt me[;)][/quote]You are such a liar  Dogger! Pete is off this week and he''s with me now, fishing at Sprowston lakes![/quote]

Hmmmm, sounds like a fishy story to me

Please don''t tell me it was Pike fishing? Then I will be really upset!

[quote user="lappinitup"]Nope! We''re trying to catch the elusive burbot.[/quote]That a cross between a turbot and a burberry plaid scarf, right?[;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Dogger "]Its at 5pm - Pete just txt me[;)][/quote]You are such a liar  Dogger! Pete is off this week and he''s with me now, fishing at Sprowston lakes![/quote]

Dont believe you [:D]

[quote user="Canarydan82"]Is press conference happening? Are we signing anybody? Anyone in the know?[/quote]

Press conference been moved to 6pm so Pete & Lapps can make it after their day of fishing!!

Signing Pitman from Bournemouth on a 3 year contract

[quote user="Dogger "]Press conference been moved to 6pm so Pete & Lapps can make it after their day of fishing!![/quote]We won''t have time Dogger! We''ve got to nip over to Germany to install surveillance cameras at the training camp. We''re putting an extra one in Grant Holt''s room to see if the rumours are true!