Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Ink

Signing today

How could you say such a thing CT!!

Will you kiss my feet and worship me as your God if i''m right?

I''m pretty confident that this is made up even if it turns out to be correct.

Would be extremely surprised if Jackson signed.

Clive Platt isn''t unbelievable, don''t see him as a bad option as back up to Holt really. He doesn''t score loads but he''s a decent target man.

Really? I would say that if it''s correct, its probably not made up!

I have a feeling there may be something in this one, Jackson has been linked with us in recent weeks so it wouldn''t be to big a suprise if we got him.

[quote user="crab"]Really? I would say that if it''s correct, its probably not made up![/quote]

Why?

Just because I say that Spain are going to win the world cup on Sunday, and then they do, it doesn''t mean that I''m not just guessing now.

[quote user="Canary Wharf Canary"]

[quote user="crab"]Really? I would say that if it''s correct, its probably not made up![/quote]

Why?

Just because I say that Spain are going to win the world cup on Sunday, and then they do, it doesn''t mean that I''m not just guessing now.

[/quote]Quite right. Considering that the team jets off to Germany on Sunday, chances are that a player is going to sign today or tomorrow. [:P]

.....and as they rarely sign on weekends (for us anyway!) then its more likely to be today or not at all!

[quote user="Salahuddin"].....and as they rarely sign on weekends (for us anyway!) then its more likely to be today or not at all![/quote]Exactly. It doesn''t take a master of deduction to figure out that a player will probably be signing today. But Simeon Jackson? Really? Shouldn''t we be aiming for a proven Championship striker? [*-)]

Like who, Lord Flasheart? Proven Championship strikers are a rareity and cost a fortune.

Look at the Scum''s chase of Chopra. He''s a guarenteed 20 goal a year man, but they''ve had bids around £4mil turned down.

You could look a little further down the ladder at Leroy Lita. He''s proven to score goals - but rumoured to be on £20k a week at Boro and will likely want similar to move elsewhere.

We could drop even further than that and look at Clinton Morrison, available on a free. He''s definitely proven - but likely to command a fair wage as well. Add on top of that his age (he''s 31 now isn''t he?) and we''d be paying for a decent striker, but one who is in the decline in terms of his career.

The alternative is someone like Jackson; or Billy Painter or similar. Players playing at a lower level but have consistently performed at those levels. Yes, we''d all love to see a Chopra or Earnshaw pull on the yellow and green, but we have to be realistic. Jackson represents a good quality striker who has a pedigree scoring goals. Sooner or later, someone will take a chance. And that''ll either pay off or not. In our situation, we need a player capable of scoring goals. In the absence of being able to afford proven quality, I think players like Jackson have to be the alternative.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Like who, Lord Flasheart? Proven Championship strikers are a rareity and cost a fortune.

Look at the Scum''s chase of Chopra. He''s a guarenteed 20 goal a year man, but they''ve had bids around £4mil turned down.

You could look a little further down the ladder at Leroy Lita. He''s proven to score goals - but rumoured to be on £20k a week at Boro and will likely want similar to move elsewhere.

We could drop even further than that and look at Clinton Morrison, available on a free. He''s definitely proven - but likely to command a fair wage as well. Add on top of that his age (he''s 31 now isn''t he?) and we''d be paying for a decent striker, but one who is in the decline in terms of his career.

The alternative is someone like Jackson; or Billy Painter or similar. Players playing at a lower level but have consistently performed at those levels. Yes, we''d all love to see a Chopra or Earnshaw pull on the yellow and green, but we have to be realistic. Jackson represents a good quality striker who has a pedigree scoring goals. Sooner or later, someone will take a chance. And that''ll either pay off or not. In our situation, we need a player capable of scoring goals. In the absence of being able to afford proven quality, I think players like Jackson have to be the alternative.[/quote][Y]

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Like who, Lord Flasheart? Proven Championship strikers are a rareity and cost a fortune.

The alternative is someone like Jackson; or Billy Painter or similar. Players playing at a lower level but have consistently performed at those levels. Yes, we''d all love to see a Chopra or Earnshaw pull on the yellow and green, but we have to be realistic. Jackson represents a good quality striker who has a pedigree scoring goals. Sooner or later, someone will take a chance. And that''ll either pay off or not. In our situation, we need a player capable of scoring goals. In the absence of being able to afford proven quality, I think players like Jackson have to be the alternative.[/quote]I understand that Googler and Jackson is definitely worth a punt, I just think that it comes with a certain amount of risk. I''d be happy to see him here I just thought that the club would be aiming for somebody with a bit more experience at this level. Not that it matters too much if he''s any good, mind. [Y]

I think every signing comes with a degree of risk. Chopra is a perfect example; if Ipswich do sign him for £5mil and he doesn''t reproduce the form he had at Cardiff, £5mil is a huge amount of money.

It isnt the hardest thing to predict if it does happen. Lambert says he wanted a striker in before going to Germany and today is the last working day.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Salahuddin"].....and as they rarely sign on weekends (for us anyway!) then its more likely to be today or not at all![/quote]Exactly. It doesn''t take a master of deduction to figure out that a player will probably be signing today. But Simeon Jackson? Really? Shouldn''t we be aiming for a proven Championship striker? [*-)][/quote]Are you going to out your hand in your pocket then, and pay for him to come to Norwich?

"Are you going to out your hand in your pocket then.."You shouldn''t be making such bold claims about the persuasion of Flashheart''s hands.

[quote user="Big Slob"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Salahuddin"].....and as they rarely sign on weekends (for us anyway!) then its more likely to be today or not at all![/quote]Exactly. It doesn''t take a master of deduction to figure out that a player will probably be signing today. But Simeon Jackson? Really? Shouldn''t we be aiming for a proven Championship striker? [*-)][/quote]Are you going to out your hand in your pocket then, and pay for him to come to Norwich?[/quote]oer calm down. I understand that City probably can''t afford one. [:P] And yes, I would if I had the cash. [;)]

He will sign for us if we can agree a fee. Only thing that will stop it will be if Saints offer Gills a stupid fee and we refuse to match it.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Look at the Scum''s chase of Chopra. He''s a guarenteed 20 goal a year man, but they''ve had bids around £4mil turned down.[/quote]That is simply not true!

"although the Blues boss confirms that owner Marcus Evans and chief executive Simon Clegg have spoken with various clubs: “We have been linked with lots of players and I think particularly strikers, but we have not bid for any players."

http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=16620&title=keane:_no_interest_in_selling_wickham