Sign in to follow this  
Al Yellow

Fans can make the difference tomorrow

We can make the ground a cauldron of noise. Remember the constant rhythmic clapping all those years ago against Bayern at home, the best atmosphere I''ve heard? It really intimidates the opposition.

Let''s keep the noise going all the way through. No negative thoughts, no muttering at mistakes. If the team hear this it may give them the lift they need. Belief in the crowd equals belief on the pitch.

I agree - a wall of positive sound from pre match until the final whistle - with that and a sea of red pants three points will be in the bag - PLEASE!OTBC

Well it didn''t make the blindest bit of difference at Charlton !!!! Norwich fans made all the noise and the home crowd was silent until they went 3-0 up, when they perked up.

Obviously the crowd is important and has a part to play but there are other factors that need to come into play too - not sitting deep on a 1-0 lead, not making crass substitutions, taking chances, giving other players a chance.

We can only do so much !!

Certainly no cauldron of noise where I sit, Norwich on tour.More of a collection of people saying :"What the bloody hell is Worthin''ton playin at?" and "Win the header Svensson, you lazy git" and "Gary Holt is worse than my gran" and "Helveg - what a bloody joke he is" and"Go Hucks, Go on Hucks, Come on Huckerby" and"Look out - Hendo''s warming up"

Quote : dont we make a cauldron of noise every week? weve been doing it all seasonYes I think we do. Its a chicken and egg situation. What comes first performance or cheers? The crowd are so passionate their feelings are so obvious.But tomorrow, lets make an extra special effort.OTBC

I agree to an extent.  In my experience Norwich fans have always been great and will back the lads.  However, if the players aren''t up for it and don''t perform, the fans won''t make the slightest difference

The fans must do what we always do.  Cheer on the lads from minute one.  However, ultimitely it''s up the players

Perhaps I am just surrounded by some idiots in lower barclay block a - before the everton game helveg was booed before he kicked the ball and the same happened for Hendo against blackburn. Bananamans scenario is very familiar to me I can assure you.

No matter our opinions about the adequacy of the decisions moaning during the game does nothing to encourage the team and actually puts them on edge.

Everyone knows my views on Eddie but I still cheer his name when the team sheets are read out and support the team on the day. I can understand booing but that should be restricted to post match, and possibly as they leave at half time.

Blackburn second half was NOT a cauldron of noise and was very negative - I know I went quiet when the team probably needed us most - and I wasnt alone.

A positive noise for a full 93 minutes please.

OTBC

WE sit in Upper Barclay, and the noise levels there generally take the lead from the lower section. You are right about the Blackburn game ZLF - I know I was so tense that I found it hard to put my effort into anything into anything rather than a manicure by teeth!

We have to keep the noise levels up positiely even when we are under pressure: somehow that seems so much easier away from FCR as a fan: is it just me, or does that home based pressure of expectation extend to us as well sometimes?

i am in lower barclay block C which is pretty noisy, most people around me seem to sing, nothing like the cauldron of D/E block though, were my son stands (no one in the back row sits down!!)

we might think it sounds loud in the barclay, but asking those people who sit in the south stand or city stand and they say we are quieter than we like to think

God only knows what we would describe them as

in my experience it is always louder away from home, not just for us, but for most clubs, the most passionate fans tend to go to away games and are congregated in a small section together, though this season there does seem to be a lot of two tier stadiums! 

if the game starts off well then expect some noise - if not, then as last home game it might be fairly quiet