Sign in to follow this  
Mark Fotheringham City Legend

Premiership Standard Players?

[quote user="Adam NCFC"]I personally think McNamee is over rated by everyone, but I won''t call you an idiot just for suggesting. [y]Not too sure we''ve got many, considering they''ve just come up from League 1. Surman has given it ago.. Did he fail, or was he just not given the chance, considering Matt Jarvis had a great season... But I personally think we have a talented Championship squad, and that''s what we need right now. [:)][/quote]If anyone mildly ''rates'' macnamee, then I think that would make him overrated. Couldn''t agree more Adam, we have a talented Championship squad, and of the players I''ve seen, only Ward have I ever watched for 90 minutes and thought he looked truly like he could cut it in the lower Prem (still my favourite signing of the summer).

Surman is prem quality, as is Ward, at a push i''d say C.Martin, Hoolahan,.. Ruddy would do well at mid-prem with the right support and team.. other than that i think we have a strong championship side. I for one am happy with that.

[quote user="nu_matik"]Surman is prem quality, as is Ward, at a push i''d say C.Martin, Hoolahan,.. Ruddy would do well at mid-prem with the right support and team.. other than that i think we have a strong championship side. I for one am happy with that.[/quote]I''m not sure that C.Martin could claim to be prem class yet, by the end of September we might have a better idea of that, depending on whether a number 10 is going to come in and usurp him from his starting place.

I''m with you on that one, but i truly believe if he had premiership delivery and good distrobution from prem midfielders he would reach his full potential. I''m hoping with the midfield arsenal we have now big things will happen for him...

Chris Martin is too slow. Really good player, but the Championship will be his high-water mark, I''m afraid.I love Hoolahan, and can''t understand why he isn''t adored by everyone connected with NCFC. The most intelligent footballer we''ve had here since Chippy. And fifteen years ago I think he would have made it in the top flight (I mean assuming he was the age he is now, not when he was ten...). But the players are so much fitter and more physical now, there just isn''t the space for him to operate. I don''t think Ian Crook would get in a Premier League team in this era. And football is much the poorer for it.I love the fact that people are passing judgment on Surman and Steve Smith before they''ve even played. Either you watch far too much football on Sky or you''re making it up.That leaves Korey, and it''s far too early to judge him. My instinct is that he will play in the Prem: whether he''ll quite cut it there I''m not sure. Let''s hope it''ll be for us.I''d assume that the coaching staff would expect Rudd to play in the Prem one day; but again, it''s far to early to judge him.

This kind of question annoys me really....its not the induviduals, its the Team....Put Chris Martin or Holt into Chelsea or Arsenal or any other big team like that, and they will score, because the TEAM is good enough, put either of them in a team like Blackpool, they will not be half as good.........Last season we have a very good team, they worked well together, and when on top form, we where the best team by far in the league......what we need to do now, is get a very good squad, so any player in the squad can fit into the team, without too many problems then we our sorted......and we will just have to wait untill next season to see how we do in the Premire league [:D]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]This kind of question annoys me really....its not the induviduals, its the Team....Put Chris Martin or Holt into Chelsea or Arsenal or any other big team like that, and they will score, because the TEAM is good enough, put either of them in a team like Blackpool, they will not be half as good.........
Last season we have a very good team, they worked well together, and when on top form, we where the best team by far in the league......what we need to do now, is get a very good squad, so any player in the squad can fit into the team, without too many problems then we our sorted......and we will just have to wait untill next season to see how we do in the Premire league [:D]
[/quote]

Give over, Martin or Holt would not be as prolific as they were in League One if they were playing for any of the big four! Theyd have bigger, stronger, fitter, smarter defenders to play against!

There is a reason all of our players was/are playing in League One/Championship and thats simply because they are not good enough individuals.

As a team we might do well this year and we might be lucky enough to finish 17th in the Premier League next season, but that doesnt mean all our Players are Premier League Standard. Look at Greeces winning Eurp 2004 team, Non of them were Premier League Standard as indviduals yet they beat teams full of European stars!

As for Hoolahan, It would be embarassing to see him taking on DM''s like Vieria, Fletcher, Palacios, Mascherano, Barry.

people useing cup competitions as an example are delusional. you can have good games or good cup runs but over the course of a season you can''t rely on luck... The is no way our current squad would finish 17th in the prem! we have brought a player who can not get in the wolves team and we think he is head n shoulder''s better than our current players and  wolves are likely to get relegated this season.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]This kind of question annoys me really....its not the induviduals, its the Team....Put Chris Martin or Holt into Chelsea or Arsenal or any other big team like that, and they will score, because the TEAM is good enough, put either of them in a team like Blackpool, they will not be half as good.........Last season we have a very good team, they worked well together, and when on top form, we where the best team by far in the league......what we need to do now, is get a very good squad, so any player in the squad can fit into the team, without too many problems then we our sorted......and we will just have to wait untill next season to see how we do in the Premire league [:D][/quote]

Give over, Martin or Holt would not be as prolific as they were in League One if they were playing for any of the big four! Theyd have bigger, stronger, fitter, smarter defenders to play against!

There is a reason all of our players was/are playing in League One/Championship and thats simply because they are not good enough individuals.

As a team we might do well this year and we might be lucky enough to finish 17th in the Premier League next season, but that doesnt mean all our Players are Premier League Standard. Look at Greeces winning Eurp 2004 team, Non of them were Premier League Standard as indviduals yet they beat teams full of European stars!

As for Hoolahan, It would be embarassing to see him taking on DM''s like Vieria, Fletcher, Palacios, Mascherano, Barry.

[/quote]Where did i say they would be as prolific? i said they would score.......

So scoring one goal would make them Premier League standard? Well on that rule, David Nugent is international standard!

[quote user="Northern Canary"]Just been speaking to a rangers fan who rates Smith as prem standard.[/quote]

Is this a Rangers fan than rates Rangers as Prem standard?