Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Three 'Lungs' is back :-)

Gary Holt has returned to Norwich as assistant academy manager, and is delighted to be reunited with Canaries boss Paul Lambert.

The 37-year-old, who made 182 appearances for the Canaries in all competitions, scoring three goals, during a four-year spell at Carrow Road, takes over from Dean Rastrick who moved to Spurs last week.

Holt, a vital member of the City team which reached the Division One play-off final in 2002 and then lifted the title two years later, will be responsible for the coaching of the Under-12-16 age groups as well as assisting the current coaching staff with reserve team matters after the departure of Ian Crook this summer.

Holt has worked with Lambert at Wycombe and Colchester and told the club''s official website: "It''s something I''ve been working towards as I''ve been doing my coaching badges, I''m on the way to getting my A licence.

"I worked for Paul before, played against him and with him. It''s always nice to work with people who you have a lot of respect for and I hold him in the highest regard."

Academy manager Ricky Martin added: "To have Gary come on board is really good for the academy, a former player of the club who has embarked on his career as a coach and it''s a good opportunity for him. I think he''ll bring a lot to the group with his experiences, he''s been a great professional footballer and it''ll be a great opportunity for our academy players to work alongside him."