Sign in to follow this  
Delia Out!

Right Back or Striker?

Which one would you rather see us sign if we could only get one?

Personally I would probably pick Right Back because I don''t think that Russell Martin is that good, what does anyone else think?

Striker for me. We have many options in defense but limited choice up front. We only need an injury or suspension to Holt and we will be struggling for presence up front. I don''t care whether it''s Harewood or Jackson, but either will do very nicely!

A RB for me too. If Holt/Martin gets injured we have albeit not ideal replacements in Johnson/Cody. However is our RB Martin gets injured I would be a little concerned throwing our youth product straight in at the deep end.

Is there anybody in our squad who can also play at RB?

[quote user="Lincs CR"]I would be a little concerned throwing our youth product straight in at the deep end.[/quote]Yep. You only have to look at Korey Smith to see that doesn''t work! [:S]

lappinitup, a youth product in at league one standard isn''t such a risk, lets face it apart from the obvious sides, quality of player last year in that league was average at best.

Chucking in our youth rb against teams like Cardiff, Middlesbrough etc a bit of a risk if you ask me

I agree it''s a risk but Lambert has said he is happy to put the boys in if they are good enough and the only way they can get experience is if they''re actually playing. However, I don''t think he''ll be starting the season without adequate cover!

i don''t think a forward is top of the agenda .

as i said holt and martin will cut it .

Blackpool, Leicester managed fairly well without spending a fortune on a decent strike force ,

right back concerns me , ....

We need a striker. Really it is so plainly obvious. I admire the optimism of those of you that disagree. Korey can cover RB, he played there a bit for the youth team no? Also I''m sure Francomb could cope there too if need be.We have no Plan B, in Cody we have a plan C at best in this league. I can''t believe Lambert would be foolish enough to think we do''nt need another one in. And for those of you that think we only need Holt and Martin, remember that our dear leader looked to get another one in last year with Stephen Elliot when we were banging goals in for fun and they were both fit.One of them MIGHT get injured, then we''d be screwed. Holt WILL get suspended, and Martin/McDonald isn''t a top half championship partnership, end of story.

According to reports Korey played RB in the 2nd half today at Dereham. We need another big man up front if you ask me. Cody or Oli can play alongside Holt if Martin is injured/suspended or if we need to change a game with an injection of pace, but we have no cover for Holt.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Pabs"]Play Francomb RB and you are sorted.[/quote]

with no exp!?

[/quote]How will he get any if he doesn''t play?

A loan deal to league one where most championship youngsters go perhaps in order to get valuable experience?

Smith played last season at a level where to be honest most of our youngsters could do well in so the "look at Smith last year, why can''t Francombe do the same" argument is invalid, whether he or even the likes of Francombe if asked upon, who''s played barely played any first team football in his career, will excel in a much tougher division is another matter.

All this being said, in Lambert we all trust

We need both.  If it''s a choice between the two, a striker for me. 

We also need a Keeper, Rudd and Steer are too inexperienced to be thrown into the Championship.

We definately need both.  But if I could only sign one it would be a right back.  I know Korey played there today and could do a job when asked but that would be a real waste if we had to play him there.  Also I really don''t rate Russel Martin at all so personally I would like someone who would keep him out the team and be better than him.

Also if we are going to sign one and loan the other then it is usually easier to find a decent striker on loan than a left back.