Sign in to follow this  
Daz

Dereham V Norwich - Match Chat

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Notable absentees......Ward (presumably injured), Adeyemi,Daley but perhaps more tellingly Gill,Tudur-Jones & Wiggins, a bad sign for that trio- even worse if they''re not on that plane to Germany tomorrow ?!

[/quote]

pretty sure OTJ and Wiggins will NOT be on that plane... Gill may still have a future here as squad player...

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]It might ''only'' have been Dereham; Holt and Martin didn''t score against them though did they[;)][/quote]And that shows just how far short of a decent strike force we are at Championship level.  Sure, we found our level in League One last year but I don''t think anyone understands that the Championship is a more difficult level to play at with better teams and bigger grounds.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]It might ''only'' have been Dereham; Holt and Martin didn''t score against them though did they[;)][/quote]

And that shows just how far short of a decent strike force we are at Championship level.  Sure, we found our level in League One last year but I don''t think anyone understands that the Championship is a more difficult level to play at with better teams and bigger grounds.

[/quote]Err?

Its a friendly, used to get fit and shake off the cobwebs, results matter not, look at last seasons friendlies where we won most, they really set us up running didn''t they?

Or is this the famous Chops fishing rod and I''ve just been caught?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]It might ''only'' have been Dereham; Holt and Martin didn''t score against them though did they[;)][/quote]And that shows just how far short of a decent strike force we are at Championship level.  Sure, we found our level in League One last year but I don''t think anyone understands that the Championship is a more difficult level to play at with better teams and bigger grounds.[/quote]

There is no way you read anything into pre season friendlies. Three years ago we watched City play in Holand at a place called Harderwyk. The next night Valencia were taking on Locomotive Sofia so we decided it might be worth a look.It was a dire 0 - 0 draw with players looking as if they''d struggle to make a contribution in the Conference or lower. Three of those players will probably figure in the World Cup Final tonight including David Villa (who incidentally ended that season as top scorer in Euro 2008)

Oh & in the same preseason Chris Martin got 5 i think against Lowestoft & then disappeared for two years!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]It might ''only'' have been Dereham; Holt and Martin didn''t score against them though did they[;)][/quote]And that shows just how far short of a decent strike force we are at Championship level.  Sure, we found our level in League One last year but I don''t think anyone understands that the Championship is a more difficult level to play at with better teams and bigger grounds.[/quote]Err?

Its a friendly, used to get fit and shake off the cobwebs, results matter not, look at last seasons friendlies where we won most, they really set us up running didn''t they?

Or is this the famous Chops fishing rod and I''ve just been caught?

[/quote][Y]