Sign in to follow this  
DOGGER

Forster to Ipswich?

Two different people at my work has said that Forster is signing for Ipswich at the end of the month on a loan deal, one said it''s on a suffolk radio station and the other said its being discussed on their message board but tried looking for any info on the web but not seen anything.

Anyone else heard anything, i hope to God this don''t happen as he is a top quality keeper, to be fair i wouldn''t want him at any other championship club but especially not the Scum!!!

[quote user="Dogger "]

Two different people at my work has said that Forster is signing for Ipswich at the end of the month on a loan deal, one said it''s on a suffolk radio station and the other said its being discussed on their message board but tried looking for any info on the web but not seen anything.

Anyone else heard anything, i hope to God this don''t happen as he is a top quality keeper, to be fair i wouldn''t want him at any other championship club but especially not the Scum!!!

[/quote]This would seriously pis* me off! [img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/whinge.gif[/img]

yep, I can see the paupers doing that, because -

1. a goalkeeper is their main priority

2. unlike every other club, nobody at poorman rd has even hinted that they might have to move players out first

3. they are certainly not reducing their squad

4. they made another massive profit again last season

5 they have already shown their strong hand in the market by signing Derry, Bailey and Chopra

6 errr, and pigs will fly as hell freezes over

Burnley fans seem quite confident of them signing him on one forum I''m on.

This would be truly awful news. Unless he goes on to be rubbish for them. Then it would be even funnier than if they sign a different keeper who goes onto throw a load into his own goal..

Sounds like there a few wind-ups going on but either way can we move on from Fraser now? The guy was immense for us last season and played his part but it''s a new season and we have a new man in goal.

He''s gone on the pre season tour with Newcastle and I thought they had said they won''t make a decsion until they had had a good look at his in the friendlies theu have lined up.

I thought that was also the reason that Lambert couldn''t wait any longer because he wanted one in place now rather than wait until the end of July and then be told no.

Having read FF''s interview in the EEN tonight he sounds like he wish he was here and says '''' he hopes to play for Lambert again ''''

[quote user="Dogger "]

[/quote]

Why would Ipswich want another goalie anyway, they''ve got 3, Murphy - 1st team, Lee Barrett and McLoughlin ( reserve goalies)

It was probably a joke, i just needed reassurance that nobody else had heard similar!!

[quote user="Dogger "]It was probably a joke, i just needed reassurance that nobody else had heard similar!![/quote]

Think Keane said last week that he was after 2 players a striker and a defender but that they had both fallen through.

[quote user="pbtc"]Burnley fans seem quite confident of them signing him on one forum I''m on.[/quote]F365?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Dogger "]It was probably a joke, i just needed reassurance that nobody else had heard similar!![/quote]

Think Keane said last week that he was after 2 players a striker and a defender but that they had both fallen through.

[/quote]

Keane has repeatedly said there were 4 0r 5 p;ayers that were on the radar, still areHowever, and this is a massive however, Keane, Clegg and most importantly Evans has said that players will have to leave before any can come in. There is NO money. The club has stated that they lost another £5m last season, the season ticket sales a down by a huge 3000 and their income has been falling year on year.It was expected that Stead, Bruce and priskin would be gone, generating possible fees but certainly huge sums off the wage bill. That has not happened, nor has any other player of significance left.Eight players have already left with a further eight being told they are not wanted. 16 players is a considerable number to lose, More so when there is only to be 4 or 5 replacements. The problem for the paupers is than many of these players are on generous wages. It is highly unlikely that any club will take on those contracts - so the paupers wil be obliged to part fund any outward movement, which rather restricts any possible budget.  An indication of the way things are going is Leeds signing Sam. Another player who is out of contract. I don''t see any rush for the out of contract Russell. So fair play to City for having the money and fair play to Lambert for identifying his targets early and getting them. Forster sounds like he was a bit '' put out'' that he wouldn''t be coming back and his words today were an acknowledgement that he would want to be back here. But determined as ever Lambert has struck an early deal and moved quickly.So I''m sure the paupers will find a few players, and maybe they will be the cornerstones of Operation Premiership 2 as Priskin, Martin and Healey were last summer. But then, if you rummage around at a jumble sale with 70p in your pocket 10 minutes before they pack everything away I''m sure you will also find a few things.Lets just hope there isn''t as many empty seats on the players bench at poorman road as there will be in the stands.

It doesn''t really matter where FF goes now, I''d prefer it not to be the binners as I like him, but c''est la vie - if he ended up at the scum then more fool him!

IMO we''ve made the right decision, loaning FF for the season would not have been cheap and Newcastle were clearly dragging their heels on a decision, so we did the most sensible thing and bought a player instead, one that comes with a good write-up from a Premier side and its supporters.