Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

The Cost of Reprinting a Lost Season Ticket......

Thanks Tilly,

The user and the knowing provider of a duplicate ticket to gain free admission both commit a criminal offence and season ticket holders doing so need to know they risk a criminal record and a ban.

I suggest this should be spelled out on a lost/stolen season ticket replacement form so fraudsters can administratively hang themselves.

Stewards need to challenge people who move around areas where season ticket holders sit and if the ticket does not match the seat (as it would if loaned say to a family member as I will have to do for the Watford game - thanks to SKY) the steward needs to note the unique number and pass that to the admin people so they can see if a duplicate has been issued. Infact, it would be a simple task to see if the correct holder is, meanwhile, in the correct seat. In such cases the police need to be informed.

Another idea would be to give stewarts a non-season ticket plan for their area so they can observe and make random checks. Anyone in a non-season ticket seat who is using a season ticket needs the same investigating as above.

Better this than punishing some innocent fan who loses their season ticket and simply needs to replace it for themselves.

When I had to do it last season, I went to the ticket office and they done it there and then for...................FREE.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Thanks Tilly, The user and the knowing provider of a duplicate ticket to gain free admission both commit a criminal offence and season ticket holders doing so need to know they risk a criminal record and a ban. I suggest this should be spelled out on a lost/stolen season ticket replacement form so fraudsters can administratively hang themselves. Stewards need to challenge people who move around areas where season ticket holders sit and if the ticket does not match the seat (as it would if loaned say to a family member as I will have to do for the Watford game - thanks to SKY) the steward needs to note the unique number and pass that to the admin people so they can see if a duplicate has been issued. Infact, it would be a simple task to see if the correct holder is, meanwhile, in the correct seat. In such cases the police need to be informed. Another idea would be to give stewarts a non-season ticket plan for their area so they can observe and make random checks. Anyone in a non-season ticket seat who is using a season ticket needs the same investigating as above. Better this than punishing some innocent fan who loses their season ticket and simply needs to replace it for themselves.[/quote]

I am sure that both David McNally and Richard Gough will be at this meeting and i think the first thing to ascertain will be the size of any "fraud" problem there maybe.£50 might be a sledgehammer to crack a nut as they say and i for one will seek some sort of justification for coming up with that figure this season.Anyway let''s just wait and see what i report back with.

Like I said above your post Mr T, they were good enough to do mine for free, while I waited.

i often wonder what would happen if you forgot your match tickets ? do they charge you to reprint them ? maybe i`ll try it one day  just so i can start a thread about it [:D]

[quote user="ting tong"]This is a non issue. Dont lose your season ticket and you dont pay a penny. simples[/quote]Nice to see some graduates from the Jeremy Kyle debating school in the house.  It''s clearly not a non-issue as people will inevitably lose their tickets for a number of reasons.  For instance, I had my wallet stolen last year.  It was an issue for me. Obviously you could say "don''t get robbed and you don''t have a problem," but shit happens.I''d be interested in why it''s gone from £20 to £50 though.  That''s a massive mark-up.

[quote user="pennywise "]i often wonder what would happen if you forgot your match tickets ? do they charge you to reprint them ? maybe i`ll try it one day  just so i can start a thread about it [:D][/quote]

If it''s your season ticket then you just go to the ticket office and they print you a casual paper ticket for that match only..for free.

My girlfriends season ticket was stolen with everything else in her purse about 4 years ago and because she had a crime reference number, they didn''t charge her the fee to reprint.

Would this simply be the club taking

how many come through the gate - how many season tickets they let through and it not equaling how many tickets they''ve sold?

If they have done this and the figures are worth a fair bit in money to the club I can see why they have done this to try to stop the problem.

Does hurt those who have a fair reason though.

Plus if that''s the issue then surely there is a better way though. £50 is still cheaper than a season ticket hey!

My friend is a forest fan and they still use the old ticket books. Would solve the problem. Alternatively look out for season ticket numbers that they know have been reprinted?

[quote user="pennywise "]i often wonder what would happen if you forgot your match tickets ? do they charge you to reprint them ? maybe i`ll try it one day  just so i can start a thread about it [:D][/quote]I left my match tickets in Blackpool a couple of seasons ago and the did a reprint for me free of charge.

[quote user="Adam NCFC"]If someone was to "lose" their ticket... They could of given it to a mate, and if the price was say £10 to get a new ticket printed, you end up with 2 season tickets... The season tickets aren''t recorded as people come in, so the same persons ticket could be used twice.[/quote]I think this is probably nail, head, hit.There has likely been a bit of fraud on this front, and I know for a fact there has been with concessions season tickets being used by people who by rights should be paying full whack. If your dad/brother has got a senior citizens/student ticket that you use it 5 or 6 times a season when they can''t get to games, thats fair enough in my opinion, but if they buy it for the cheaper price then you use it most of the time, then it is taking the p*ss. Out of the club you claim to support.But the answer is not to have the club take the p*ss back imo. Especially when it is most likely to affect innocent parties. Perhaps the club should enter the 21st century and implement a simple barcode system. I saw it at Southend away last season, and no disrespect to them, their facilities aren''t exactly cutting edge.