Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

The Cost of Reprinting a Lost Season Ticket......

................is £50-. Yes five-zero; for a piece of plastic from a database.

So, it costs the value of two good game seats for this does it?

I can think of plenty I can get for £50- that puts such a punitive cost into even sharper focus and in addition there is the time and cost in making the loss report.

Is it me or does anyone else think it is beyond excessive for an unfortunate loss or maybe even a theft which would really rub salt into a wound?

The Club seriously needs to re-think this. I would like to hear them justify it and give their own cost estimate for the replacement so we know how much they intend to profit. Also, what is the total they replace each year.

The Club is probably trying to prevent tickets being passed around irresponsibly or handled carelessly but most holders are renewers and deserve to be trusted.

The problem is that a season ticket could be used twice... They don''t have anyway of recording it... But yeah, £50 is alot.

[quote user="Adam NCFC"]The problem is that a season ticket could be used twice... They don''t have anyway of recording it... But yeah, £50 is alot.
[/quote]

How?

If someone was to "lose" their ticket... They could of given it to a mate, and if the price was say £10 to get a new ticket printed, you end up with 2 season tickets... The season tickets aren''t recorded as people come in, so the same persons ticket could be used twice.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Adam NCFC"]The problem is that a season ticket could be used twice... They don''t have anyway of recording it... But yeah, £50 is alot.
[/quote]

How?

[/quote]

You give your ticket to a friend and then claim it is lost. Pay the fee and you have two tickets. Maybe this has been happening a lot and the £50 is trying to put off the fraudsters.

I blame Delia.Actually no, I blame Mcnally.Actually I don''t really care, heres a tip, just don''t lost it lol, its worth 3 or 400 quid in most cases so look after it!

I blame Delia.Actually no, I blame Mcnally.Actually I don''t really care, heres a tip, just don''t lose it lol, its worth 3 or 400 quid in most cases so look after it!

just got back from carrow road, just returned my two season tickets.......

i should have had one adult in my name, and one over 60''s in my dads name

they sent me 2 over 60''s in my name!!!! doh!!!!

last five years they have both been adult in my name so hasnt been a problem, apparently they will be reprinted tuesday.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Adam NCFC"]The problem is that a season ticket could be used twice... They don''t have anyway of recording it... But yeah, £50 is alot. [/quote]

How?

[/quote]

You give your ticket to a friend and then claim it is lost. Pay the fee and you have two tickets. Maybe this has been happening a lot and the £50 is trying to put off the fraudsters.

[/quote]But where would they sit? £50 is scandalous - one of McNally''s tough new ideas perhaps? I dare say they will consider changing this if people complain - 15 percent of the cost of my ticket to reprint a bit of plastic?! Ridiculous...

[quote user="Hairy Canary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Adam NCFC"]The problem is that a season ticket could be used twice... They don''t have anyway of recording it... But yeah, £50 is alot. [/quote]

How?

[/quote]

[/quote]But your season ticket has a specific stand, row and seat number, so only one of you could use the seat and the other would have to find a spare seat somewhere.  Not that easy, I would have thought.

I actually know someone who did this towards the end of last season. There was always a few empty seats not to far away from where he sat, so the other person went and sat in one of those.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Hairy Canary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

How?

[/quote]

[/quote]But your season ticket has a specific stand, row and seat number, so only one of you could use the seat and the other would have to find a spare seat somewhere.  Not that easy, I would have thought.[/quote]Not if your ticket is for the Lower Barclay.For the last few seasons I reckon plenty of the seats haven''t had a bum on them for ages. We all know people who '' sit '' in there and most of them don''t stand anywhere near their seats.

About 5/6 years ago,there was a case of a genuine season ticket going awol..so the guy bought another,£20,and a week later his old ticket turned up under the stairs at the lowest point! ..What had happened was,he had flung his coat or trousers over the rail,and at some time,it had slid out and either been pushed under by hoovering or accidently kicked under...So a mate said he would buy it off him for £20 i think,and it didnt matter if he couldnt find a spare seat,he would either watch it from the bar or standing at the top of the gangway..If anyone asked,he would say he was on call out and if his phone went,he had to make a quick dash..Not sure how many matches he saw though...I found out about it when i spotted him,and knew him from my area..he didnt tell me the truth though untill i saw him in a club one night later.

Turnstile scanning would stop any fraud.

Depending upon your excess you can always cliam from your household insurance policy if covered for possessions away from home.

[quote user="Felixfan"]Turnstile scanning would stop any fraud. Depending upon your excess you can always cliam from your household insurance policy if covered for possessions away from home.[/quote]

Were you not at the SCG meeting when Andy Cullen stated that such turnstiles would cost in the region of 300K to install? That is a total non starter surely?

If anybody abuses the use of their season ticket and is caught the answer is simple.Take it from them and ban them from having another for say...5 years.

Now back to the thread and my view(not NCISA''s please remember) is that £50 is far too much.£20 was more than enough to cover re-printing,postage and admin costs.

My son recenty had his mobile phone stolen whilst playing tennis. The phone was on my contract - Vodafone simply cancelled and sent a new SIM card. No charge.

We''ve lost credit cards before and Barclaycard cancelled and replaced. No charge.

NCFC are way out of step with this new rule; £50.00 to help a supporter get back in their seat after having their wallet/purse stolen is salt in the wound time. A true PR disaster!

TIL 1010

Yes I was at that meeting but do not remember any sum being mentioned. I did say that often these schemes are sponsored by IT companies and the savings would more than compensate.

However earlier threads on this subject seemed to show there was no appetite for this technology at present but I felt it worth floating again and it provoked a lively debate.

Another way to make money from the club. £50 is disgusting I have to say. Imagine a young Kid in the family end who pays like £25 for their ST, it would cost double to replace it. Pathetic!

So, it is pretty clear that the punitive replacement cost is actually a fraud deterrent.

Is this fair, moral or even legal? There has to be a better method to deal with an obvious problem.

It may well be that the charge is, in reality, discretionary but the Club cannot advertise that fact.

How about some ideas for NCISA to take forward?

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]So, it is pretty clear that the punitive replacement cost is actually a fraud deterrent. Is this fair, moral or even legal? There has to be a better method to deal with an obvious problem. It may well be that the charge is, in reality, discretionary but the Club cannot advertise that fact. How about some ideas for NCISA to take forward?[/quote]

There is a meeting of various Supporters Groups next Wednesday with Club Officials so i will bring the subject up and report back.