Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

So is this it?

After leaving for Germany today, does Lambert feel that his squad is complete? He did clearly express that he wanted his squad complete by now and may decide to keep what we''ve got. This would be suicide as we are still seriously lacking up front and out wide and another midfielder and RB (especially if Gill and OTJ goes) wouldn''t go amiss. I just hope Lambert is flexible and doesn''t stop right now.

I hope not - would like to see another striker, right winger and right back brought in. However, realistically, I think Lambert may only bring in one more player, if any

we can sign players up until the end of August!, I''m sure Lambert said that he "would ideally like" to sign another player before going to Germany, I can''t think he''ll hold himself to that self-imposed deadline if somebody becomes available

Think it''s been mentioned elsewhere but Lambo confirmed in the interview after the Dereham game that he was after a striker and hoped he would have been signed by now.

He suggested restricted finances as a possible reason for failure so far but will still try and secure the signature

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"]We might be trying some german trialists.[/quote]Is our training camp anywhere near where this lot play their home games? Michael Turk could be our new No.10... http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/topscorers?league=ger.2&year=2009&cc=5739 [:)]

Suicide????

Get a grip. The squad that won promotion was good enough to stay up in the Championship.

I agree that the squad needs strengthening to really threaten the play offs but to say that without more players this team will be relegated is just silly!!

I think did Lambert want everything in place prior to the German trip but things don''t necessarily go to plan what with contract negotiations, holidays etc.

If it''s the case that we have left for Germany then discussions with targeted players will continue regardless and the departure date is not a cut off point, more a ''best case'' target date for having players on board.

The extra man he would like seems to be a striker.

When an interviewer asked about signing a striker, PL didn''t correct him, merely saying that he hoped the club would achieve something while he is in Grmany.

Is this code for "I hope that they will find more cash than we have been offering"?

On the Gillingham Board they seem to feel that Jackson will be with us, even mentioning a one year loan of Cody, who impresses them.

I doubt that loan deal. We have Cody for one more year, I think, so what''s the point if he can walk away after the loan?

[quote user="Babyface"]I think did Lambert want everything in place prior to the German trip but things don''t necessarily go to plan what with contract negotiations, holidays etc.

If it''s the case that we have left for Germany then discussions with targeted players will continue regardless and the departure date is not a cut off point, more a ''best case'' target date for having players on board.[/quote]That''s about the size of it.  Lambert seems to like setting little deadlines to achieve things.  Sometimes it just isn''t possible.  In theory we could still sign someone and they join the team half way through.

Why ask stupid questions like this?  It is obvious to anyone with a brain and eyes that he has said he is still in the market for players, especially a striker and that he realises there is a hole at right back.Once OTJ and Gill go, we will have more money of the wage bill.  A striker and a right back or obviously essential, so stop panicking.

Bottom line: we do not have money to splash out, so it will be a wait and see game for Lambert. If he had the funds, Jackson or another striker would have been signed by now. I''m not too sure anybody else will be brought in anymore

Sorry, RobFleck, I totally disagree. Signing players does not happen just because you have money. The reason a striker hasn''t signed could be any number of things. Lambert has said he''s working on a striker and I think we could see another one join after that to cover this right back position.