Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Dereham thoughts

Ruddy had nothing to do.Fox played in the Russell role in the first half and wasn''t particularly impressiveCrofts was very poorNelson made one appalling late tackleHolt and Martin looked OK up front but Wes struggledSecond hald was a completely new team but Dereham kept the same players and they started to struggle in the heatBest second half performances were Korey Smith (at right back) and Steven Hughes who both gave us much more energy going forward.Josh Dawkins was the other impressive performer.

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]Ruddy had nothing to do.Fox played in the Russell role in the first half and wasn''t particularly impressiveCrofts was very poorNelson made one appalling late tackleHolt and Martin looked OK up front but Wes struggledSecond hald was a completely new team but Dereham kept the same players and they started to struggle in the heatBest second half performances were Korey Smith (at right back) and Steven Hughes who both gave us much more energy going forward.Josh Dawkins was the other impressive performer.

[/quote]lol

Marvellous. Totally disagree!! Crofts looked busy and sharp, had one cracking shot. Fox looked neat and tidy. The side totally dominated in the first half and Holty realy enjoyed himself

Agreed with your second half assessment though:) Which is nice

Don''t what game the OP saw, but we played 4-3-1-2 in the first half with Crofts, Fox and Lappin switching quite well. Crofts looks very useful, very mobile, good passer and likes to put his foot in. Contrary to all the assumptions he got forward a lot and had one super strike. Fox didn''t play the Rusty role, because we didn''t play the diamond. Holt and Martin were lively, Wes disappointing. Fox passed the ball about well as did Lappin and the defence had no pressure. Second half it was 4-4-2, and interesting that Korey was at fullback. Smith looked lively, Surman can knock a good long pass and Cody got two well taken goals. Dereham had more of the second half and it was good to see a true right and left CB partnership with both players comfortable on the ball and showing good pace.Dawkin also looked bright.

Huge credit to Dereham for playing some good football and showing excellent stamina, and don''t read anything into the performance or result

I can see Korey being back up for right back, he can tackle and has pace, something that Semi couldnt do. Plus he has played on right for youth team before.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Don''t what game the OP saw, but we played 4-3-1-2 in the first half with Crofts, Fox and Lappin switching quite well. Crofts looks very useful, very mobile, good passer and likes to put his foot in. Contrary to all the assumptions he got forward a lot and had one super strike. Fox didn''t play the Rusty role, because we didn''t play the diamond. Holt and Martin were lively, Wes disappointing. Fox passed the ball about well as did Lappin and the defence had no pressure. Second half it was 4-4-2, and interesting that Korey was at fullback. Smith looked lively, Surman can knock a good long pass and Cody got two well taken goals. Dereham had more of the second half and it was good to see a true right and left CB partnership with both players comfortable on the ball and showing good pace.Dawkin also looked bright.

Huge credit to Dereham for playing some good football and showing excellent stamina, and don''t read anything into the performance or result

[/quote]What was the deal with Holt taking the corner for one of  Cody''s goals?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

What was the deal with Holt taking the corner for one of  Cody''s goals?
[/quote]

Two problems with that morts:

1. Neither of Cody''s goals came from corners.

2. Holty was never on the pitch at the same time as Cody.

I didn''t go to Dereham and I thought we were really rubbish, why wasn''t McVeigh playing? He''s brilliant!

I can see us getting hammered by Malky''s Watford on that Friday night, and they would have mullered Dereham even if Tubster Elton was playing centre foreskin for them......

£50 pounds if you lose or get your season ticket stolen? WTF is all that about then?

Bring back Doncaster, he''ll sort this club out!

I bet this new underachieving bunch of losers, also lose in training in Germany - and that''s against no opposition....Club''s a joke.

If you can''t win your friendlies......It''s only relegation for us to look forward to....FACT!

Isn''t it hot.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I didn''t go to Dereham and I thought we were really rubbish, why wasn''t McVeigh playing? He''s brilliant!

I can see us getting hammered by Malky''s Watford on that Friday night, and they would have mullered Dereham even if Tubster Elton was playing centre foreskin for them......

£50 pounds if you lose or get your season ticket stolen? WTF is all that about then?

I bet this new underachieving bunch of losers, also lose in training in Germany - and that''s against no opposition....Club''s a joke.

If you can''t win your friendlies......It''s only relegation for us to look forward to....FACT!

Isn''t it hot.

[/quote]

Bloody Percy![;)]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]What was the deal with Holt taking the corner for one of  Cody''s goals?[/quote]

[/quote]My mistake, it was Nelsinhio''s goal.[:$]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My mistake, it was Nelsinhio''s goal.

[:$]
[/quote]

That didn''t come from a corner either! It was a scramble caused through Holty''s sheer persistence.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]What was the deal with Holt taking the corner for one of  Cody''s goals?[/quote]

[/quote]My mistake, it was Nelsinhio''s goal.[:$][/quote]

That didn''t come from a corner either! It was a scramble caused through Holty''s sheer persistence.

[/quote]Radio Norfolk lied to me then.[:(]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My mistake, it was Nelsinhio''s goal.

[:$]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Radio Norfolk lied to me then.

[:(]
[/quote]

Sack them all!!!!!!!![:@]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Dereham had more of the second half and it was good to see a true right and left CB partnership with both players comfortable on the ball and showing good pace.[/quote]

Would you be referring to Ward and Whitbread Beausant? Difficult to establish what team was on the park for the second half.

[quote user="John"][quote user="Beauseant"]

Dereham had more of the second half and it was good to see a true right and left CB partnership with both players comfortable on the ball and showing good pace.[/quote]

Would you be referring to Ward and Whitbread Beausant? Difficult to establish what team was on the park for the second half.

[/quote]

Sorry mate! Yes I was. Team was Steer, Smith K Ward Whitbread Smith S Dawkin Surman Hughes McNamee Mc Donald Johnson.

[quote user="John"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Sorry mate! Yes I was. Team was Steer, Smith K Ward Whitbread Smith S Dawkin Surman Hughes McNamee Mc Donald Johnson.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Isn''t it hot.

[/quote]Somebody get this guy a doctor before he turns any more crazy and declares war on the northumbrian police?

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="John"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Much appreciated. [Y][B]Let''s hope they can develop a decent partnership and understanding before we kick-off in the new season. Could provide us with that solid backbone to the side we''ve been searching for for what seems like an eternity now.

[quote user="Lineo"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

Isn''t it hot.

[/quote]

Somebody get this guy a doctor before he turns any more crazy and declares war on the northumbrian police?
[/quote]

Have you got an iphone?

[quote user="paul ncfc"]I thought Francomb played alongside Whitbread in the second half, good report though.
[/quote]

You''re  right, I just assumed it was Ward! My bad!!![:$]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Who the hell would ''K'' Ward be anyway??

[/quote]

Ward would be the one after Smith K smartarse.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Who the hell would ''K'' Ward be anyway??

[/quote]No one.But Korey Smith would. Just like S Dawkin wouldn''t, but Steven Smith would be i should imagine.