Sign in to follow this  
Pabs

Tom Adeyemi

Just wondering what has happened to him? He was looking like a real star at ths start of last season. I can understand why he didnt play much last year, but wasn''t even in the 24 v Dereham (Francomb, Dawkin, Gordon and Ryan Oakley were). Elliott Ward was injured but I saw him sitting next to bench, but saw no sign of Adeyemi.

This seems strange to me - I would think perhaps he may be going out on loan? I wouldn''t want to lose Adeyemi, think he could be a real talent if he broadens a little.

Adeyemi = Over rated cause hes had a few games at a young age and is from our academy!

The reason he didn''t play last season was cause he wasn''t good enough to, simple as. When he started in the home game against Huddersfield he looked so far out of his depth, something Lambert noted cause he was replaced by Hughes in the 2nd half. It was no coincidence that we were over run by Huddersfield in the 1st and were fortunate to still be drawing, yet in the 2nd half we scored 3 goals!

Yes hes got potential, but so had messrs Jarvis bros and Ian Henderson and look how they turned out.

Unless Adeyemi improves he''ll never make the grade!

Just a case of bulking up, people forget he is a year younger than Korey Smith, a lot of Adeyemi''s game is about physicality and being an athlete, he dominated games in the u18s and reserves but because he is up against seasoned professionals he can''t impose himself on games in the same way. Give him time to grow & fill out his frame as well as games at a lower level and he''ll be back in contention.

Completely agree with above, at the moment he needs to fill out. Give him a season or two before deciding if he is good enough.

He is also a very bright lad, so may want to go off to uni.

Don''t kill me if incorrect but I''ve heard he''s lined up for a 6 mth loan to Bradford.

Early days for him, no rush for him to be a first teamer yet. Let the lad learn his trade.

I think that the first reply is ridiculous.

Yes, he may turn out to be a failed academy product but last season he was only 17 for most of it and still managed to play impressively some of the time.

I wasn''t trying to big him up, just think he has a lot of potential. I certainly don''t think he should be written off by the likes of you.

He needs to baulk up, we know that. But I do think he has the attributes to potentially be a good, modern-day box to box midfielder.

Not ridiculous, just saying it as it is by using my experience of watching Norwich since the 1950''s!

I''m not writing Adeyemi of at all and hope that he does well for Norwich, but from what I''ve seen so far hes got a long way to go and some fans get a bit carried away. I mention Ryan Jarvis in particular cause he was meant to be the best thing since sliced bread but I never fell for that cause he always looked too lightweight and not physical enough. 

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Not ridiculous, just saying it as it is by using my experience of watching Norwich since the 1950''s!

I''m not writing Adeyemi of at all and hope that he does well for Norwich, but from what I''ve seen so far hes got a long way to go and some fans get a bit carried away. I mention Ryan Jarvis in particular cause he was meant to be the best thing since sliced bread but I never fell for that cause he always looked too lightweight and not physical enough. 

[/quote]

I think its valid criticism but as other people have said he is a year behind Korey Smith is terms of development. Smith was fortunate in that league 1 is much more friendly to the development of young players. Something which I dont think we can afford in the championship. I think Adeyemi needs time out on loan for year and hopefully his quality will shine through. But he seems like he has an excellent attitude so hopefully he will suceed.

And let''s not forget that before last season, Adeyemi was actually putting in the more impressive games for the youth team and reserves. I and a lot of fans thought it would be him that made the step up, not little Korey Smith. Korey got his chance, grabbed it with both hands, and there was absolutely no chance for Adeyemi to get a good look in.

You say he needs to improve roederdisaster, but how do you propose he does that?

He''s still only 18 and has a long way to go. Perhaps a loan would be best for him but it would have to be with a club that can improve him. He''s still training and learning, and just games isn''t going to give him all that he needs. He''s going to need a coaching staff that can improve his game as well as playing time. This will be a difficult thing for City to find and it may well result in him not developing enough for this club and us having to let him go.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

I wonder whether or not he would need to bulk up if he was in Spain?

OTBC

[/quote]Well said.In the pre-season friendly last year against a Manchester United XI full of kids trying to impress, Adeyemi was easily the best player on the pitch in the first half.  He has all the attributes to be an excellent footballer.  He''s also highly intelligent, fairly good looking (according to Mrs. Chops) and very down to earth.  Basically, he''s a bastard.

[quote user="CallsignViper"]And let''s not forget that before last season, Adeyemi was actually putting in the more impressive games for the youth team and reserves. I and a lot of fans thought it would be him that made the step up, not little Korey Smith. Korey got his chance, grabbed it with both hands, and there was absolutely no chance for Adeyemi to get a good look in. You say he needs to improve roederdisaster, but how do you propose he does that? He''s still only 18 and has a long way to go. Perhaps a loan would be best for him but it would have to be with a club that can improve him. He''s still training and learning, and just games isn''t going to give him all that he needs. He''s going to need a coaching staff that can improve his game as well as playing time. This will be a difficult thing for City to find and it may well result in him not developing enough for this club and us having to let him go.[/quote]

Some players have got it some haven''t, the next few years willl see whether Adeyemi has or not!

Yes being in the right place at the right time does play a big part but ultimately the good capable players will come through. Yes Korey Smith was helped by the fact we were in the 3rd Division last season but he also produced the goods and made it impossible to be dropped, something that the 1 year younger Adeyemi didn''t do!

I just correctly go don''t along with all this "future wonder player" mullarky or "hes definately going to be good" talk because in most cases it doesn''t work out like that and at the end of the day producing the goods on the pitch in a 1st team game is what determines things ultimately. Ian Davies I think he name was from the early 70''s a 17 year old star of the future who didn''t make it!

The same reason why I have massive reservations about Whitbread cause he hasn''t produced the goods yet, looks injury prone and if he was that good why wasn''t he played more regularly last season in the 3rd Division?

ive been told hes joining bradford on loan sometime this week hope its true he needs to be playing games.

For what it''s worth Roeder described Adeyemi as one of the best players for the future he had ever seen.

[quote user="Felixfan"]For what it''s worth Roeder described Adeyemi as one of the best players for the future he had ever seen.[/quote]That means he''ll be shit then!

A move to Bradford in League 2 will do him a lot of good. He will get games and at a club who are very well supported at that level and have the infrastructure to be in the Championship!

A loan move to Bradford will do him good and make him work harder and get away from all the "hes a good prospect" stuff that he will hear at Norwich and maybe make him complacent!

Bradford are very well supported  and have the infrastructure to be a strong Championship club so it would be a learning curve!