Sign in to follow this  
Adam NCFC

Stephen's scores for Hibs!

Not because of this goal, but I think he will be a massive player in the future and we will come to regret selling him. Good luck to him though.

If he does become a massive player in the future it will be because he left. If he''s going to improve he needs to start playing and he was what 5th choice here?

Lambert made the right decision, he wasn''t going to be playing and he did what was best for Stephen''s career.

Davo

[quote user="city till i die"]he was never giving a chance!!!

big mistake letting him go, a year out on loan wouldnt of hurt him or us!!

we will regret this one i reckon[/quote]To be fair didnt we say this about Joe lews and well now look lol

I don''t think we should have let him or the Danish lad go to be honest, both looked very good when I managed to see them, send them out on loan to lower Leagues to get toughened up. I really could have seen them both making the first team next season if not be

Remind me, when was the last time we released a player and he went on to be brilliant, and we regretted doing so?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Dion Dublin?[/quote]Lol, was kinda a long time ago.My point is that, more often than not, players are released for a reason. How many times in recent years has there been a big fuss when "promising" youth team players have been released only for them to end up in lower leagues?

[quote user="morty"]Remind me, when was the last time we released a player and he went on to be brilliant, and we regretted doing so?

[/quote]

Michael Theoklitos.

He wasn''t released though Morty. So unless we got offered good money with a sell on clause, I personally think it''s a mistake. But we''ll see. [:)]

[quote user="Adam NCFC"]He wasn''t released though Morty. So unless we got offered good money with a sell on clause, I personally think it''s a mistake. But we''ll see. [:)][/quote]You don''t know that though. People who know more about this than you or I, deemed him not good enough right now for Norwich City.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Adam NCFC"]He wasn''t released though Morty. So unless we got offered good money with a sell on clause, I personally think it''s a mistake. But we''ll see. [:)][/quote]You don''t know that though. People who know more about this than you or I, deemed him not good enough right now for Norwich City.

[/quote]Whether he was deemed good enough or not, I know he wasn''t released lol.

[quote user="Adam NCFC"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Adam NCFC"]He wasn''t released though Morty. So unless we got offered good money with a sell on clause, I personally think it''s a mistake. But we''ll see. [:)][/quote]You don''t know that though. People who know more about this than you or I, deemed him not good enough right now for Norwich City.

[/quote]Whether he was deemed good enough or not, I know he wasn''t released lol.[/quote]But whether he was released, or asked to be released doesn''t really matter, if he was deemed to be good enough for our team then he would still be here.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Jamie Cureton?  [img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/hide.gif[/img][/quote]I think it''s fair to say he had the last laugh.

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]

Sounds like he had a cracker. Only good feedback on the Hibs forum.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?187170-Player-Ratings

Maybe it is just the terrible standard of Scottish football though, that can make an ordinary player look good.

[/quote]Time will tell really when it all starts for real.  Same as our friendly yesterday it means nothing really.

I would be highly suprised if we haven''t put sell on clauses or something like that into theses deals like we did Lewis, probably for Spillane, Stephens & Dumic.

[quote user="morty"]Remind me, when was the last time we released a player and he went on to be brilliant, and we regretted doing so?

[/quote]

Dion Dublin {1st time round}. John Fashanu. Iwan Roberts and Malky. 

Whilst Stephens got a 9 in someone''s ratings, he only played for one half and that was the "kids" team. Other posters have 2 other players named as first choice central defenders so is no reason to be crying over a superstar we''ve sold on the cheap...just yet.

[quote user="Boogle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Malky? He went on to prove that he was as good in the inaugural Championship as he was the previous year in the last ever First Division, no more.

[quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="Boogle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Malky? He went on to prove that he was as good in the inaugural Championship as he was the previous year in the last ever First Division, no more.

[/quote]

Malky and Iwan were released and never replaced properly for years. We should have held on to the, if only for back up when we got promoted.

I think Lambert was being fair to the lad - he''s good enough to get games but there is too much competition here.No point in letting him waste his career for the best part of his early career.

[quote user="Boogle"][quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="Boogle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Malky? He went on to prove that he was as good in the inaugural Championship as he was the previous year in the last ever First Division, no more. [/quote]

Malky and Iwan were released and never replaced properly for years. We should have held on to the, if only for back up when we got promoted.

[/quote]Malky was sold.  There''s a massive difference in selling on a 30 something in attempt to rebuild a side and letting Stephens go and arguing whether he would''ve made the grade in England.Most of us believe letting Malky go was a balls up, but how can you just pick out Malky and compare him to Stephens?  Why not compare Danny Mills? Tim Sherwood? Marc Edworthy?

[quote user="morty"]Remind me, when was the last time we released a player and he went on to be brilliant, and we regretted doing so?[/quote]Paul Hayes