Sign in to follow this  
Barclaybred

McNamee..Will finally get his run

this year,i think..Though failing to get to speak to Lambert at the norfolk show,i did get to hear a question about formations,and will he continue with the same style and tactics as last year..Part of his answer was,he had brought in players in january already with promotion in mind,and most of these never got a run of matches,they will definately be more involved next season,depending on the formation and injuries etc..

When Macca played against stockport,apart from his goal, he sent in loads of quality crosses/passes that nearly all couldve resulted in a goal..That freekick that landed perfectly for whitbred to nod down and in,but didnt connect properly and the keeper blocked it....Also his corners were mostly delivered in the right areas,again i think it was whitbred, just after haflt time,that met a pefect corner,this time did connect,or was it nelson?,anyway the ball was saved,and holt tried to bundle the ball home..His freekick also gave holt his goal..After that match,i thought now he will get a run in the side and ,to me,could prove to be the next fox..But no,back to bench,and back to diamond!..

But my favourite bit of skill that reminds me of fox,came at the last away match..The ball came at an angle from the left,at an angle.He skillfully controlled it in one movement,with his left foot and chipped it over their big centre half,openend his body up and ran 2 steps to the left,then played a sly blind side pass,the wrong way he was running to ollie,foxing all their players,and ollie then took a first time chip shot ,and into the goal!

Give him a 10 match run and he will prove a lot of doubters wrong!! ..Remember it took iwan a year before he won over the critics..

+1 I agree.Daft as it sound everytime I''ve sat in the Jarrold and watched Mcnamee he''s been class. But from the Barclay he''s never impressed me. No that he''s looked bad but he does a lot of his magic out wide and I think people miss that!

He''s a brilliant footballer technically and I really rate him. I think he got wasted a lot last year as he didn''t really fit in with the diamond and when he was played, always played on the right wing

[quote user="AndyCanary"]+1 I agree.Daft as it sound everytime I''ve sat in the Jarrold and watched Mcnamee he''s been class. But from the Barclay he''s never impressed me. No that he''s looked bad but he does a lot of his magic out wide and I think people miss that![/quote]Ask the right person, and you may be in with a chance of getting a season ticket in the Jarrold stand for free then (probably McNamee himself to be fair).

[quote user="John"][quote user="AndyCanary"]+1 I agree.
Daft as it sound everytime I''ve sat in the Jarrold and watched Mcnamee he''s been class. But from the Barclay he''s never impressed me. No that he''s looked bad but he does a lot of his magic out wide and I think people miss that!
[/quote]

Ask the right person, and you may be in with a chance of getting a season ticket in the Jarrold stand for free then (probably McNamee himself to be fair).
[/quote]

I think after a proper run in the side,we will see more of his magic :) Trouble is a lot of it will be down to formation for the team in front of us!..if they are playing liecester,who last season played with a packed midfield and won most of their matches 1 nil,(as did swansea)then  wide men ,imo aint no good,,You have to play balls behind then turn them,.Thankfully in the championship,a lot play open footy unlike leicester/swansea,so games should be more exciting this year..

I wouldn''t say he is rubbish, but I wouldn''t say he is that good either but I do rate him slightly.  However I find it hard to see him getting a run of matches when most of the signings have been the perfect sort of signings to fit into the diamond.

Fox is a creative player and is a central midfielder but his style of play doesn''t suit being right in the middle so the right or left hand side of the diamond would be perfect.

Crofts is a defensive midfielder who looks likely to be Russels replacement so that makes it look likely he will play infront of the back four in the diamond formation.

Surman''s favourite position seems to be on the left but I wouldn''t call him an out and out winger so he would be more of an inside left midfielder which again suits the diamond.  Also I think he could fill in for Hoolahan behind the strikers as possibly Fox could.

So far we have signed no winger.  It may come but, that would only leave us with two but then possibly you could play Lappin or Surman on the left.  If Lambert was to change the formation I would have thought that at least two wingers would have been necessary and we probably would have had one of them in by now.  I''m unsure whether the diamond will work in the Championship but from the signings so far it doesn''t look likely we will change which would then ultimately mean McNamee would not get these run of games.

I dont get this. He''s so average its not true. He very really gets past his man, and his tracking back is non existant, making the full backs job almost impossible. He crosses well which is obviously important from a winger bit I want to see more than that.

Cant see him being around for much longer to be honest.

[quote user="Chalk"]Can''t believe so many of you rate him! He''s absolute shite. He''ll be gone by this time next year.
[/quote]

And iwan wouldve been gone after his first season FFS!! ..Let alone that he hasnt had a run in the side yet,when he did,he looked a good prospect! ..Give the guy a run in the side,and get used to whatever tactics lambert is using then judge!!

[quote user="Barclaybred"]

[quote user="Chalk"]Can''t believe so many of you rate him! He''s absolute shite. He''ll be gone by this time next year.[/quote]

And iwan wouldve been gone after his first season FFS!! ..Let alone that he hasnt had a run in the side yet,when he did,he looked a good prospect! ..Give the guy a run in the side,and get used to whatever tactics lambert is using then judge!!

[/quote]His creativity was on a par if not better than anybody in our squad last season if you multiply the number of assists he got by the number of minutes he spent on the pitch.We are short of players down the right hand side however and I am slightly concerned about our lack of balance and options in midfield when before Russell and Spillane disappeared I believed that we were one right winger away from having possibly better options in midfield than any other Championship Club for this coming season.It is hard to see where McNamee might fit in to get a run of games under his belt, but even if used from the bench, his creativity will be crucial in a number of tight games in my opinion.

Agree with you Smudge. I think McNamee is a handy option to have and a player I like.

[quote user="Lambo"]Agree with you Smudge. I think McNamee is a handy option to have and a player I like.[/quote]

Gf,well ex now, had a dream that i put up a newspaper pic of him with his arms pointing up in a v,in the `gym`room,after he had scored an important goal...This was about feb time,and i thought it could be the play off winner..Now hoping it maybe the winner at ipsh!

PS I call it the gym room as it has my old weights in there,and one of those things girls like to use to help them do stomach stuff..