Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Ink

1500 more seats or a decent signing?

Don''t know how much all the new seats cost, but I guess a similar amount to a decent Championship level striker.

I know it''s progress, but is it the right time for off the pitch investments? I feel we have a solid enough mid-table team, but an Earnshaw style striker could easily be the difference between doldrums and a promotion chasing year. Any strong feelings either way?

The costs of putting in the seats is being paid for by selling the seats this year.  So we will make no money from the extra 1500 seats this year but will from on-going seasons.

So i would guess the cost of installing the 1500 would be around £400,000-£500,000 which is what the club will make back from season ticket sales for them seats.

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]I know it''s progress, but is it the right time for off the pitch investments?[/quote]Bit late now innit? [:^)]

Its just over 1000 seats actually!

With the crowds we''ve, with the potential the clubs got and to have any ambition, we have to keep pushing the capacity up as and when we can.

The extra seats will bring in extra income in the future and having a bigger capacity will make us more attractive to players we maybe interested in.

Yes the money at the moment could be used to buy a player but then again not all pricey signings work out and Lamberts already spent a good amount this summer and looks capable of getting good players for low fees!

And anyway like a previous poster said - its to late to ponder over now cause they are doing the building work as we type!

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]

Don''t know how much all the new seats cost, but I guess a similar amount to a decent Championship level striker.

[/quote]Neither do I, but I guess it''s a similar amount to a mediocre League Two left back.  Still bothered?

"Yes the money at the moment could be used to buy a player "eh ?

very slowly..............

The seats wll be paid forby the money received at each gameso the development is self funding (pays for itself)

therefore the ticket sales from next season onward, will be ''profit''

presuming the seat installation cost is around £400,000 and any contract for a decent striker would be equal to that amount for just one season

so please explain to us all   - where the money for the following two seasons contract would come from ? - where any signing on fee/agents fees would come from ? - where any transfer fee would come from ?

and where would the cuts be that would cover the loss of future income from these seats ?

Err? What''s the point of having a football team. Lets just knock Carrow Road down and build a new Tescos, as it will be more profitable. We can all be happy then that Norwich City Tesco''s Branch can win the intra Tesco''s tournament.

I can''t believe the idiots on here.

People complain they wont do a corner infill, which would cost about £3m then moan when they do add extra seats saying they''d prefer the cash was spent on players.

Let''s get to the Prem, then do the off-field investments such as the corner infill. We will have M£3 spare then, but now we have nadda.

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]Let''s get to the Prem, then do the off-field investments such as the corner infill. We will have M£3 spare then, but now we have nadda.[/quote]Your really not getting the whole ''it pays for itself'' concept are you? This is will have no effect on the transfer budget, but will ensure that the kitty is bigger in seasons to come.... or would you perfer less income so we cant sign decent players?

Personally, this season I''d rather have a Simeon Jackson or equivalent, rather than the new seats. That could also pay for itself 10 times over in seasons to come.

I''m all for expanding the ground, but a debate on whether this is the right time was the message of the original thread.

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]

Personally, this season I''d rather have a Simeon Jackson or equivalent, rather than the new seats. That could also pay for itself 10 times over in seasons to come.

I''m all for expanding the ground, but a debate on whether this is the right time was the message of the original thread.

[/quote]Who said he isnt? They havent dipped into the transfer budget to do this, it will have been budgeted seperatly and once again it will pay for itself.

I think the club have made the right decision to add extra seats. The stadium has not been big enough for about the last ten years. We would have probably had over 30,000 fans for the Leeds match last season and a similar number for the scum and one or two other fixtures this year.

30,000 (eventually I think we should be looking to get as near to 40,000 as we can!) would be nice particularly for 2 reasons like we need that capacity and the S cum have got that figure at Portakabin Rd!

I reakon our average ATT last season would of been 27-28,000 had the ground held 30,000+. The Leeds game could of sold 36,000 and quite a few of the games near the end of the campaign would of seen 30,000 in the ground!

But increasing the Capacity bit by bit is a good policy cause season ticket holders won''t give up their ticket cuase they knew they could always get in and near capacity crowd increases interest in other casual fans.

My prediction - If we get back into the Premiership the next expansion project will be to extend the Jarold stand round in front of the hotel and almost meet up with the Barclay. Lets hope this is being done next summer!!

"Let''s get to the Prem, then do the off-field investments such as the

corner infill
."

Are you from suffolk by any chance ? You don''t sound too bright.

Perhaps a  grown up can explain to you, maybe through relating it to your pocket money.

Whatever money is spent is CERTAINLY NOT equal to a decent striker - as stated in an earlier post. No one player either will get us into the Premiership. However perhaps you could explain to us where cuts should be made to pay the transfer fee and other fees for this striker.Also how many players would need to leave or other cuts would be required next season when the following year''s £400,000 would be due. Likewise what cuts etc would be needed to cover the loss of revenue from the lack of those seats.There are different budgets for various parts of the club''s responsibilities. Following your line of stupidity the club should have not paid to recruit Lambert or McNally. It should not have paid solicitors to defend the NOTW libel either.Our impoverished neighbours have demonstrated the inevitable consequences of lack of investment, which leads me to think your post and unfamiliar name suggests your origins are from that neck of the woods. A  part of the world that has a club that has not the money to bring in ANY  players, never mind a cut price striker who would on his own secure promotion.

I see your argument City1st, but please don''t bring up specifics such as McNally and Lambert. They have a major influence over what goes on on the pitch. My "off-field" investment quote, was regarding things that do not effect what happens on the pitch. Of course the extra seats will eventually generate income

Cuts have already been made all through the club, and I fully concur that these were necessary to loose some of the fat that had built up.

You fail to understand the general aim of my post, so I shall try and reword it in language you might understand.

Given where we are right now, should every spare penny at the club be put into the player squad, as part of a push for the Prem?

[Z]By the way just to correct your Suffolk assumptions, I have lived in Norfolk and supported Norwich for 22 years, over 40 years old (just), earn enough to send my 2 kids to private school, and have 2 BSc degrees.

OTBC

As has ready been pointed out the chairman indicated the new seats will be funded by the proceeds from the seat sales so they don''t increase or decrease the cash available over the coming year so have no effect on the playing budget for this year but will increase it in future years.

It would only be correct to put all money into playing staff if you only think about the short term and ignore the long term. Ncfc is a long term business and if a decision increases the long term cash flows of the club then it is correct. A lot of clubs have gambled on the short term and jeopardised their long term future. Overall this approach can not work as only a few clubs can be successful every year. The clubs policy to always run the business on a long term sustainable basis has always been correct. It is the short-term policy of other clubs which has been wrong. refer to the commentary of the portsmourth administrator and other related expert commentary for further explanation.

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]

[Z]By the way just to correct your Suffolk assumptions, I have lived in Norfolk and supported Norwich for 22 years, over 40 years old (just), earn enough to send my 2 kids to private school, and have 2 BSc degrees.

[/quote]And I''m guessing neither of these degrees were business finance related.

Nor the blindingly obvious either, I would imagine.So perhaps you will now demonstrate some of that wondrous intellect and answer the points made above about where the extra money is to come from to endulge your fantasy.

It''s hard to have a discussion with someone of such limited intelligence and ignorance who cannot understand the whole purpose of my initial post. Exagerating my every response to make it seem ridiculous, is an easy tactic on a message board. That''s why I am bored with it, and about to watch the F1 now.[au]

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]It''s hard to have a discussion with someone of such limited intelligence and ignorance who cannot understand the whole purpose of my initial post. Exagerating my every response to make it seem ridiculous, is an easy tactic on a message board. That''s why I am bored with it, and about to watch the F1 now.[au][/quote]Well, let''s look at that original post again...[quote user="Dr. Ink"]

Don''t know how much all the new seats cost, but

I guess a similar amount to a decent Championship level striker.

I know it''s progress, but is it the right time for off the pitch

investments? I feel we have a solid enough mid-table team, but an

Earnshaw style striker could easily be the difference between doldrums

and a promotion chasing year. Any strong feelings either way?

[/quote]So...a) you don''t know how much the seats will cost to installb) but you have decided the cost will be the same as a "decent Championship striker" (which could be anything from a free transfer to £2.5m)c) and you suggest, though you don''t know, that the money to install the seats is coming out of the player transfer budgetd) and you then want a hypothetical discussion based on all these far-fetched assumptions being correctI think before you suggest people have "limited intelligence and ignorance", you take a look at your original post and contemplate why so many people found it was such a pile of horse manure.

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]

Smiley Ha ha! Don''t like some abuse back, do you?
[/quote]Seems like you found Wiz''s spellbook:#13.  When rumbled, pretend you were trolling.

Oh dear Mr Chops, you have appear to have frightened off Dr Bin with your reasoned argument

[quote user="T"]As has ready been pointed out the chairman indicated the new seats will be funded by the proceeds from the seat sales so they don''t increase or decrease the cash available over the coming year so have no effect on the playing budget for this year but will increase it in future years. It would only be correct to put all money into playing staff if you only think about the short term and ignore the long term. Ncfc is a long term business and if a decision increases the long term cash flows of the club then it is correct. A lot of clubs have gambled on the short term and jeopardised their long term future. Overall this approach can not work as only a few clubs can be successful every year. The clubs policy to always run the business on a long term sustainable basis has always been correct. It is the short-term policy of other clubs which has been wrong. refer to the commentary of the portsmourth administrator and other related expert commentary for further explanation.[/quote]

So says the bloke (i assume) who posted on here that he wanted to see the club sell its best players last January to buy yet more land- a policy which would have cost the club a promotion worth £4m. 

Do you think we really should be net buyers of football players at the moment T?  Shouldn`t we be selling anyone of any value and perhaps building a multi-storey carpark with the proceeds?