Sign in to follow this  
Mr Brownstone

ANOTHER Jackson Thread....

According to Pete''s Twitter feed, Jackson is missing from Gillingham''s squad for tonight''s friendly at Braintree. Looks like he''s on his way somewhere...

I personally think it will be another shrewd signing from Southampton. They''re in the position where they don''t have to worry too much if they have to throw another £250,000 at Gillingham to get him.

[quote user="Bruces Header"][quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]Maybe Jackson is being lined up by Saints to allow Ricky Lambert to come here?....[/quote]If only that were true... Holt & Lambert would be a tasty combination! [/quote]Nah.  Both found their level in League One.

If he''s off to Southampton, thats four strikers who all might expect to play-Lambert, Barnard, Connolly and Jackson, all of whom might expect a first team place regularly.

Indeed, Connolly has just signed a new contract with them.

I rather think that, like with Forster (recckon he''ll end up either at Sheffield United or Derby) we have pulled out because of Gillingham''s demands, and Lambert will pull one of his unexpected signings out of nowhere instread, someone like...well, thats the point, who can tell!

Well he is definately off somewhere as he did not play today for the Gills after their manager stated that everybody who didn''t play last night would play today......unless he is injured.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Bruces Header"][quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]Maybe Jackson is being lined up by Saints to allow Ricky Lambert to come here?....[/quote]

If only that were true... Holt & Lambert would be a tasty combination!
[/quote]

Nah.  Both found their level in League One.

mister chops you are a penis.. we have only just played our first game and you are moaning about something allready

[/quote]

We can''t rely on Cody as Plan B. Cody would be a great Plan C. We seriously need another striker, I sincerely hope there is an additional guy on that plane tomorrow. Oli Johnson would be my plan J. I think I''d give Korey and maybe even Askou a crack ahead of him if we needed to throw a striker on this season.

[quote user="Seat0123"]We can''t rely on Cody as Plan B. Cody would be a great Plan C. We seriously need another striker, I sincerely hope there is an additional guy on that plane tomorrow. Oli Johnson would be my plan J. I think I''d give Korey and maybe even Askou a crack ahead of him if we needed to throw a striker on this season.[/quote]How can you compare Oli Johnson so unfavourably with Cody?Surely he has at least been Cody''s equal when pulling on a City Shirt so far??? [:|]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Seat0123"]We can''t rely on Cody as Plan B. Cody would be a great Plan C. We seriously need another striker, I sincerely hope there is an additional guy on that plane tomorrow.

Oli Johnson would be my plan J. I think I''d give Korey and maybe even Askou a crack ahead of him if we needed to throw a striker on this season.
[/quote]

How can you compare Oli Johnson so unfavourably with Cody?

Surely he has at least been Cody''s equal when pulling on a City Shirt so far??? [:|]
[/quote]

Gotta agree with seat 0123 here. I am not a massive fan of Oli - I don''t think eirther currently are good enough for the 2nd tier. Oli had played over 40 league games in 2 years for a professional club in the 3rd tier of football; whereas Cody had played 19 times in 6 months for a club much further down the league pyramid. On that basis I believe the workrate and pace of McDonald means he is a better long-term bet than Johnson, especially if someone can get rid of the rawness...

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Seat0123"]We can''t rely on Cody as Plan B. Cody would be a great Plan C. We seriously need another striker, I sincerely hope there is an additional guy on that plane tomorrow.

Oli Johnson would be my plan J. I think I''d give Korey and maybe even Askou a crack ahead of him if we needed to throw a striker on this season.
[/quote]

Surely he has at least been Cody''s equal when pulling on a City Shirt so far??? [:|]
[/quote]

Tough one that. before that game where made that exellent tackle on the wing,just past the halfwaylne,then sent over a long inch perfect deep diagonal ball to Holt i think,who scored,makes me think cody,may have something else in his locker..But only after a 10 or more match run in the side,will we know..

[quote user="Barclaybred"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Tough one that. before that game where made that exellent tackle on the wing,just past the halfwaylne,then sent over a long inch perfect deep diagonal ball to Holt i think,who scored,makes me think cody,may have something else in his locker..But only after a 10 or more match run in the side,will we know..

[/quote]

Was that the game at Stockport? If so, it was Michael Rose that he mugged on the touchline.

Kent manager said on BBC Kent this morning that he expected Jackson to be gone this week.....

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Kent manager said on BBC Kent this morning that he expected Jackson to be gone this week.....[/quote]The Kent manager?

Not stockport ,was at that game..this was on the footy league show,..will go through them later when home and got time,its doing my nut in! ..I think he had come on as sub and it was it last minute or so

[quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="Salahuddin"]Kent manager said on BBC Kent this morning that he expected Jackson to be gone this week.....[/quote]The Kent manager?[/quote]

Doh! Meant Gillingham manager, a Kent local posted on 606

[quote user="Barclaybred"]Not stockport ,was at that game..this was on the footy league show,..will go through them later when home and got time,its doing my nut in! ..I think he had come on as sub and it was it last minute or so[/quote]

Still sounds like Stockport away. Anyway, let me know, I''d be interested to find out which match it was. I''m a fan of Cody''s.

[quote user="Canary Wharf Canary"]

[quote user="Barclaybred"]Not stockport ,was at that game..this was on the footy league show,..will go through them later when home and got time,its doing my nut in! ..I think he had come on as sub and it was it last minute or so[/quote]

Still sounds like Stockport away. Anyway, let me know, I''d be interested to find out which match it was. I''m a fan of Cody''s.

[/quote]

Oh away,no wasnt at that one,but saw it in tv..No im sure it wasnt that as the stand was very small behind the goal,and im fairly sure it was around the oct/nov time...Got everry one of the FT league shows on Harddrive connected to the playstation 3,so will definatly have it on there..

[quote user="Canary Wharf Canary"]

[/quote]

It definitely was. Cody robbed Rose on the touchline, cut inside and squared it to Holty for a tap in.

[quote user="Barclaybred"]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Seat0123"]We can''t rely on Cody as Plan B. Cody would be a great Plan C. We seriously need another striker, I sincerely hope there is an additional guy on that plane tomorrow. Oli Johnson would be my plan J. I think I''d give Korey and maybe even Askou a crack ahead of him if we needed to throw a striker on this season.[/quote]How can you compare Oli Johnson so unfavourably with Cody?Surely he has at least been Cody''s equal when pulling on a City Shirt so far??? [:|][/quote]

[/quote]Both unlikely to ever be first choice strikers for a team who has promotion ambitions in the Championship in my opinion.For me the higher up the football league pyramid you go, the more skill and ability on the ball is needed.  I would say that Cody has an extremely poor first touch in comparison to Oli and if you stripped him of the pace that he has then he would really be struggling to compete at Division in the Football League.  Yes pace is a great asset, but unless Cody can learn to time his runs and control the ball better then he will always struggle to make it in the Championship.  In my opinion Oli has more to work with and make the step up.