Sign in to follow this  
Northerncanary

Shame to see Cody go!

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Cestrian Canary"]

Cody''s main asset is pace, which at 24, will not last for ever and let''s be honest may have even started to wane with the rigours of professional football. Most pacey strikers of his ilk have their most productive years in their early late teens/early 20''s and, given that he is this ''raw'' talent, his best years could potentially already be behind him in terms of making it at this level. 

[/quote]

There''s many a time I read posts here at the Pink ''Un and have to rub my eyes and look again to see if what is written is actually real [:P]

The first example that springs to mind is Ryan Giggs who was tear-arseing down the left-wing winning League titles & European Cups well into his thirties, and here''s you stating footballers lose pace after the ripe old age of 24!

Would you also say the likes of Arjen Robben (26) and Ronaldo (25) are losing pace with their careers are as good as over?

Tw@t.
[/quote]

Do you wanna step down off your high horse for a bit Shyster? He''s got an opinion, doesn''t make him a tw@t. Some might say that you comparing someone who has only ever played non league football up to the age of 22 and then signing for Norwich, with Ryan Giggs, Arjen Robben, and Ronaldo makes you out to be a prize tw@t.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Lambert didn''t actually give him a contract, it was written into his current deal that when made a certain number of appearances he''d get a new one.
[/quote]

Sorry but that argument really doesn''t stand much ground.

If Lambert didn''t rate him he could have quite easily shipped him out in January. It would have left us with Holt, Martin, Oli, Daley and Cureton.

The thing is league squads are going to be much like picking your world cup team now. You want two in every position appart from in goal where you want an extra body and up front where you want 4-6.

Lambert did not have to give Cody those appearances, he could have kept him on the bench and given priority to Oli. However he did give Cody those chances in various games and to me that stands as testiment that Lambert at least rates him enough to say that he is happy to go with him as one of the strikers in the squad should we not manage to bring in another.

And I would hasten to add that Daley is surely the more likely to go out on loan? Which would leave Holt, Martin, Oli and one other should we sign them plus Cody. 5 strikers is an absolute minimum in my opinion. You want 4 strikers to be fighting for form and without injury.

[quote user="Wes Hoolahanraha-hanrahan"]To be fair it''s a bit harsh to deem someone not good enough because they''re not playing, when the two strikers ahead of them have firing on all cylinders. Martin and Holt scored 50+ goals together last season, so it''s going to be hard to break up that partnership no matter who you are. Whenever Cody was asked to step up last season he provided the goods, so perhaps he could get a chance should C Martin go through a bad patch or something...[/quote]

Exactly! ..and the same goes for Macca! ..When they have had a good 10 mactch run in the side,then we can give a more accurate appraisel..

I think cody has the potential to do well in the championship too! League 1 is more physical and suits bigger players! championship is more speed and more off the ball move ment, which i think cody does just as good as the 2 main strikers from last year!!! the only reason he didnt really get a shout last term was because martin and holt were scoring for fun, but when he did get his chance he took it well with a couple of goals.shame he got injured when he did!

Scored on his debut against cardiff and was probably our best player against reading in his first start! alot of people forget he did score some important goals last year!!!

Shyster..To be fair to the other poster,generally,players are faster in their early to mid careers,than when they reach 30 and over ..There are exceptions of course,and when you said giggs springs to mind,i think it was because,its hard to think of anyone else!..After a while,i came up with 4 or 5 names,but i would still say they still wouldve been faster around 23 than 30...

Is is that unthinkable to have 5 strikers in our squad? Look at Forest as a prime example of a team with alot of strikers.

I do like Cody, but Jackson would be a step up in class. Jackson is younger, quicker, a prooven goalscorer and has alot of experience for someone his age. Cody on loan is an option, but honestly he didn''t get much chance last season so why would he get more chances this season?

Its a pity and i hope im wrong but i don''t see a future with us for him.

[quote user="CallsignViper"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Cestrian Canary"]

Cody''s main asset is pace, which at 24, will not last for ever and let''s be honest may have even started to wane with the rigours of professional football. Most pacey strikers of his ilk have their most productive years in their early late teens/early 20''s and, given that he is this ''raw'' talent, his best years could potentially already be behind him in terms of making it at this level. 

[/quote]

There''s many a time I read posts here at the Pink ''Un and have to rub my eyes and look again to see if what is written is actually real [:P]The first example that springs to mind is Ryan Giggs who was tear-arseing down the left-wing winning League titles & European Cups well into his thirties, and here''s you stating footballers lose pace after the ripe old age of 24!Would you also say the likes of Arjen Robben (26) and Ronaldo (25) are losing pace with their careers are as good as over?Tw@t.[/quote]

Do you wanna step down off your high horse for a bit Shyster? He''s got an opinion, doesn''t make him a tw@t. Some might say that you comparing someone who has only ever played non league football up to the age of 22 and then signing for Norwich, with Ryan Giggs, Arjen Robben, and Ronaldo makes you out to be a prize tw@t.

[/quote]Struggling to see a direct comparison between Cody and the aforementioned footballers, beyond trying to specify the most prominent part of a career for a player with pace. As big the quality gap may be, they play a similar type of game, that requires the use of a similar spectrum of attributes.We''re debating types here, not standards. Granted, the likes of Robben, Giggs and Ronaldo are great players, but they also regularly compete against great opposition, as opposed to Cody, who is rarely, if ever going to come up against players of a standard akin'' to the likes of Vidic or Carvalho.I''m assuming all the related parties are human?Perhaps Shyster shouldn''t of mentioned those players, but only for the sake of those foolish enough to misinterpret a simple comparitive analysis...... Tw@t. [;)]

[quote user="John"][quote user="CallsignViper"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Cestrian Canary"]

[/quote]

There''s many a time I read posts here at the Pink ''Un and have to rub my eyes and look again to see if what is written is actually real [:P]The first example that springs to mind is Ryan Giggs who was tear-arseing down the left-wing winning League titles & European Cups well into his thirties, and here''s you stating footballers lose pace after the ripe old age of 24!Would you also say the likes of Arjen Robben (26) and Ronaldo (25) are losing pace with their careers are as good as over?Tw@t.[/quote]

[/quote]Struggling to see a direct comparison between Cody and the aforementioned footballers, beyond trying to specify the most prominent part of a career for a player with pace.[/quote]

Well, thank feck some bugger ''round these parts possesses just about enough brainpower to correctly interpret what I scribe.As John has pointed out, the only comparison I was making ''twixt said players is one of pace and the fact that the poster known as ''Cestrian Canary'' is a tool for stating that an athletes/footballers speed is shot beyond the age of 24 - I mean seriously, how absurd is that?Anyone who''s in all honesty of the belief that I was comparing MacDonald''s footballing abilities with the likes of Robben, Giggs and Ronaldo are obviously bigger tw@ts than the ''Incestrian Canary''.

Shyster,

Ta for your reasoned insight, I love you too xx 

I didn''t say that athletes pace is ''shot'' post 24 yrs old, the point was that Cody''s pace will wane as he get''s older and if he doesn''t have many other attributes to offer/develop then he may not be the player for us.

[quote user="Lord Horn"]Errrrrr.......he''s not in Germany, he''s in the squad to play Kings Lynn tonight.[/quote]ERR..... HE''S IN GERMANY?idiot

He is in Gemany but only because of his brace on Saturday according to the Pink Un as he was originally meant to be left behind.

[quote user="Lineo"][quote user="Lord Horn"]Errrrrr.......he''s not in Germany, he''s in the squad to play Kings Lynn tonight.[/quote]ERR..... HE''S IN GERMANY?idiot[/quote]And Lord Horn addressed that...[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="Lord Horn"]Errrrrr.......he''s

not in Germany, he''s in the squad to play Kings Lynn tonight.[/quote]

Well he''s in the pictures of the squad training in Germany unless

someone has been busy on the photoshop! Seems to be some confusion

somewhere on this one. Also you would think if there is any truth in the

Cody on loan to Gills as part of a Jackson deal then he would not be on

tour with the squad this week.

[/quote]

That''s the last time I

believe Radio Norfolk!

[/quote]

Idiot.(Oh dear, Shysters ''naughty language'' is really having worrying influence on you kids) [8-|]

According to Sky Sports, City are close to signing Jackson with an unamed striker going on loan to the Gills as part of the deal (cody or Daley?). That might explain something.

From an interview with Paul McVeigh:

Q; How do you compare playing International to Premiership to Championship football?

A; It gets slower the higher you go. An international footballer is a lot slower compared to even the Premier League. When you compare that to the 1st Division it’s like kick and rush.

So Chicken, you think going up a league means the tempo will be faster? - yet an ex-International Pro Footballer deems it to be quite the opposite! Quote: "It gets slower the higher you go".

I didn''t actually think you were making a direct comparison of the players Shyster, I was trying to point out that declaring someone a tw@t because they have a differing opinion is unnecessary. That was all.

But with regards to the players that you did mention, they all have major attributes that have (in Giggs'' case) and will (in Robben and Ronaldo''s cases) make it possible to play at their chosen level when their pace starts to leave them. Or has in Giggs'' case.

I want Cody to succeed at this club, but I think, at 24, he has just a bit too much to learn to be truly effective at this level and above. I believe he''s playing at the level we would expect from an 18/19 year old that would have 5 years to develop and be an unbelievable player at the age of 23/24. Cody will be 29 if he was to be given this time so has his work cut out to make it.

I really hope he does because he gives 100%, is an amiable guy, and it would be one of the true dream success stories to have been plucked from non league to play at championship and hopefully premiership level.

I''m just not entirely sure he''ll get the chances at this club.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]From an interview with Paul McVeigh:

Q; How do you compare playing International to Premiership to Championship football?

A; It gets slower the higher you go. An international footballer is a lot slower compared to even the Premier League. When you compare that to the 1st Division it’s like kick and rush.

So Chicken, you think going up a league means the tempo will be faster? - yet an ex-International Pro Footballer deems it to be quite the opposite! Quote: "It gets slower the higher you go".[/quote]

So if we go by McVeigh''s theory there, the Conference League sides are full of Usain Bolt''s and fu*cking roadrunners (Beep! Beep!)How much Guinness had he consumed before that interview?

[quote user="CallsignViper"]This last post actually made me "laugh out loud"[/quote]

[:D][img]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]

[quote user="morty"]He''s more than good enough to do a job off the bench for us this season, not everybody can play and hold a place down in the first team.

If he wasn''t in Lambert''s plans in some way I suspect he would have already gone.
[/quote]

Exactly.  A loan would do him good.