Sign in to follow this  
Northerncanary

Shame to see Cody go!

[quote user="Northerncanary"]It seems to be all over for Cody. I keep seeing websites suggesting he will be off. Shame, I thought he was one for the future.[/quote]This ''one for the future'' thing really bugs me. He is like 24. For me this season is make or break for him.

Lambert never played him much in League 1 so I can''t see him getting much game time in the Championship, probably best if he goes on loan and scores a few goals and gets some experience.

[quote user="Lord Horn"]Errrrrr.......he''s not in Germany, he''s in the squad to play Kings Lynn tonight.[/quote]

Well he''s in the pictures of the squad training in Germany unless someone has been busy on the photoshop! Seems to be some confusion somewhere on this one. Also you would think if there is any truth in the Cody on loan to Gills as part of a Jackson deal then he would not be on tour with the squad this week.

I''m guessing Cody was added to the group going to Germany when the transfer for another striker (probably Jackson) didn''t get completed before the team left. Would be stupid to not fill all the places at the training camp available. If we do sign another striker it is time for Cody to leave, he has been good in fits and bursts but is never going to challenge for a regular position in the first team.

If you start a thread, how about checking the facts first? He''s a Norwich City player and he''s training with squad.

He''s more than good enough to do a job off the bench for us this season, not everybody can play and hold a place down in the first team.If he wasn''t in Lambert''s plans in some way I suspect he would have already gone.

Far too early to say this. A lot of non league players are late developers when they come into league football so he has many years left. Having said that he needs regular league games and i cannot see that happening at the moment. He needs a half or full season loan to assess where he fits in if indeed anywhere. He needs the opportunity but be under no doubt he is under pressure

Its a tough one with Cody,

In terms of Age, hes not a youngster but in terms of Professional Football Experience he is.

Id like him to stay, I hate to say it and touch wood we dont, but if we go back down, and we lost a few of our bigger names then Cody could be first choice in League One.

A years loan and some first team football would certainally benefit Cody and us.

To be fair it''s a bit harsh to deem someone not good enough because they''re not playing, when the two strikers ahead of them have firing on all cylinders. Martin and Holt scored 50+ goals together last season, so it''s going to be hard to break up that partnership no matter who you are. Whenever Cody was asked to step up last season he provided the goods, so perhaps he could get a chance should C Martin go through a bad patch or something...

[quote user="Wes Hoolahanraha-hanrahan"]To be fair it''s a bit harsh to deem someone not good enough because they''re not playing, when the two strikers ahead of them have firing on all cylinders. Martin and Holt scored 50+ goals together last season, so it''s going to be hard to break up that partnership no matter who you are. Whenever Cody was asked to step up last season he provided the goods, so perhaps he could get a chance should C Martin go through a bad patch or something...[/quote]Word. [Y]

Sorry, a bit OT but i must say i''m loving Crofts "velociraptor"

impression :

New signing Andrew Crofts running

I will personally be quite upset, if we replace Cody with Jackson.....How is he going to be any better? wasn''t he dropped by Gillingham later on last season? and they want more than 500k for him? unless he does something special early on (if we sign him....) i think he will be a dissapiontment.....But Cody does have something....if he gets some game time, he does score, so why not play him?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="Lord Horn"]Errrrrr.......he''s not in Germany, he''s in the squad to play Kings Lynn tonight.[/quote]

Well he''s in the pictures of the squad training in Germany unless someone has been busy on the photoshop! Seems to be some confusion somewhere on this one. Also you would think if there is any truth in the Cody on loan to Gills as part of a Jackson deal then he would not be on tour with the squad this week.

[/quote]

That''s the last time I believe Radio Norfolk!

Cody''s main asset is pace, which at 24, will not last for ever and let''s be honest may have even started to wane with the rigours of professional football. Most pacey strikers of his ilk have their most productive years in their early late teens/early 20''s and, given that he is this ''raw'' talent, his best years could potentially already be behind him in terms of making it at this level. 

[quote user="kdncfc"]Lambert never played him much in League 1 so I can''t see him getting much game time in the Championship, probably best if he goes on loan and scores a few goals and gets some experience.
[/quote]

Unlike most people on here, I actually think Cody can be more effective in the Champ than in L1.

In L1, teams were defending deep, ten men behind the ball, leaving him no space to run into.

In the Champ, teams will defend further up the pitch and the combination of Wes''s throughballs and Cody''s pace could be brilliant for us.

I would rather have Cody than Jackson. During his limited time on the pitch last season, how many times did he actually let us down? He was even good in goal.

[quote user="Cestrian Canary"]

Cody''s main asset is pace, which at 24, will not last for ever and let''s be honest may have even started to wane with the rigours of professional football. Most pacey strikers of his ilk have their most productive years in their early late teens/early 20''s and, given that he is this ''raw'' talent, his best years could potentially already be behind him in terms of making it at this level. 

[/quote]

There''s many a time I read posts here at the Pink ''Un and have to rub my eyes and look again to see if what is written is actually real [:P]The first example that springs to mind is Ryan Giggs who was tear-arseing down the left-wing winning League titles & European Cups well into his thirties, and here''s you stating footballers lose pace after the ripe old age of 24!Would you also say the likes of Arjen Robben (26) and Ronaldo (25) are losing pace with their careers are as good as over?Tw@t.

[quote user="Matthias son of Deuteronomy of Gath"]

[quote user="kdncfc"]Lambert never played him much in League 1 so I can''t see him getting much game time in the Championship, probably best if he goes on loan and scores a few goals and gets some experience.[/quote]

Unlike most people on here, I actually think Cody can be more effective in the Champ than in L1.

In L1, teams were defending deep, ten men behind the ball, leaving him no space to run into.

In the Champ, teams will defend further up the pitch and the combination of Wes''s throughballs and Cody''s pace could be brilliant for us.

I would rather have Cody than Jackson. During his limited time on the pitch last season, how many times did he actually let us down? He was even good in goal.

[/quote]Very interesting Matthias, i could actually see that being the case, atleast to some sort of degree. Afterall, you only have to look minutes into his debut for us against Cardif to see how he can be of use to us when through balls are played towards him at that level.Personally i''d rather have Jackson myself, and Cody has had his spells when starting the full 90 when he''s struggled to score. But he''s certainly not incapable, and who are we to say that he hasn''t improved significantly over the last year? As a former non-league player, i''d gander that he''s learnt a lot.

You are quite right.

You get to league 1 and the ex premiership players thin down quite a lot, the quality and class in teams is stretched out with each team possibly having one or two ''standout'' players. This means that the one thing that you can coach is practiced the most - defending, and the attacking left to the one or two players a team has to try and unlock teams.

Obviously you have the relegated teams that have more but I think as a general rule thats pretty accurate.

You get to the Championship and there are more able players in terms of quality and ability. This means that if teams have got attacking ability they try and balance it with defending or even push towards a more attacking style. The tempo of the game is faster but this means that at times there is more space and time to exploit than in the games we saw in league 1 which were quite often tight and cagey affairs until a goal was scored.

Some teams in the Champs will still be like that but I think a faster tempo will suit most of our players more. I think Cody and Oli will do better for it. However I don''t think it would do Cody any harm to go out on loan for the first few months of the season, with a recall clause, because I don''t see him getting ahead of Holt, Martin and Oli at this point in time - Oli isn''t slow either but has a few more tricks up his sleave.

Alot Of you nock Cody, but wheneva he''s had a chance he''s done ok and quite often looked very good, And that''s without a decent run in the team, I mean Theres alot of players that take 3 or 4 games to get in there full stride, I agree a loan spell would do him good, but if lambert didn''t rate him why would he have given him a new 2 year contract last year??

You are comparing Code MacDonald to Ryan Giggs, Ronaldo and Robben.Think about it.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Cestrian Canary"]

[/quote]

There''s many a time I read posts here at the Pink ''Un and have to rub my eyes and look again to see if what is written is actually real [:P]The first example that springs to mind is Ryan Giggs who was tear-arseing down the left-wing winning League titles & European Cups well into his thirties, and here''s you stating footballers lose pace after the ripe old age of 24!Would you also say the likes of Arjen Robben (26) and Ronaldo (25) are losing pace with their careers are as good as over?Tw@t.[/quote]

Never going to make it, that was obvious within a few games.  Stop being so blindly sentimental.[quote user="Northerncanary"]It seems to be all over for Cody. I keep seeing websites suggesting he will be off. Shame, I thought he was one for the future.[/quote]