Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Anyone know what squad members made the trip to Germany?

Funnily enough a bloke rode past me on his bike at the Carrow Road ticket office this morning who was the spitting image of Askou. It probably wasn''t him (can''t imagine why he''d be left behind) but worth a mention.

Lambert said this morning that "most" of the players on duty at Dereham will go. I would guess possibly with the exception of Dawkin and maybe Francomb but plus the injured Ward.

Anyone else who wasn''t involved on Saturday would be unlikely to have gone IMO, besides which with two friendlies coming up this week imcluding K.Lynn tomorrow, they will have needed to keep some players at home to field any sort of side?

If you''re a first team player without an injury, you can''t help but feel your career might be up with Norwich if you''re not taken on a pre-season tour.

Squad for Kings Lynn match just been posted by somebody on wotb

Squad for Kings Lynn friendly

Norwich City announce squad that includes 5 first team players...... Goal Keeper: REMI MATTHEWS Defenders: JENS BERTHEL ASKOU, GEORGE FRANCOMB, SAM HABERGHAM, RHOYS WIGGINS, RICHARD BRINDLEY, REMY GORDON, ALEX STEPHENSMidfield: TOM ADEYEMI, MATHEW GILL, OWAIN TUDUR JONES, MATTHEW BALL, RYAN OAKLEY Forwards: LUKE DALEY, JOSH DAWKIN, CODY McDONALD, PATRICK DRMOLA

[quote user="Ncfc"]Squad for Kings Lynn match just been posted by somebody on wotb

Norwich City announce squad that includes 5 first team players...... Goal Keeper: REMI MATTHEWS Defenders: JENS BERTHEL ASKOU, GEORGE FRANCOMB, SAM HABERGHAM, RHOYS WIGGINS, RICHARD BRINDLEY, REMY GORDON, ALEX STEPHENSMidfield: TOM ADEYEMI, MATHEW GILL, OWAIN TUDUR JONES, MATTHEW BALL, RYAN OAKLEY Forwards: LUKE DALEY, JOSH DAWKIN, CODY McDONALD, PATRICK DRMOLA

[/quote]

Any source for this? Seems credible but can''t see it on the web anywhere.

[quote user="Ncfc"]Squad for Kings Lynn match just been posted by somebody on wotb

[/quote]

The first two things (assuming this squad is true) that come to mind, is that a) it doesn''t look good for Askou and b) maybe there''s some legs in the Jackson/McDonald swap rumour is McDonald has been kept back?

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Funnily enough a bloke rode past me on his bike at the Carrow Road ticket office this morning who was the spitting image of Askou. It probably wasn''t him (can''t imagine why he''d be left behind) but worth a mention.[/quote]with other posts saying he is in the squad for kings Lynn, it looks as though it was a good spot Lord Flashheart [:)]

If Askou hasn''t gone and Stephens and Spillane have been sold that only leaves Nelson, Ward and Whitbread for the middle of defence, and the latter two hardly have excellent injury records. Does this mean we''re going to get another CB as well?

Of course the other reason for the non-appearance of Askou maybe that having missed pretty much all of the 2nd half of the season through injury, they may think he is better served playing in two friendly matches this week?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Of course the other reason for the non-appearance of Askou maybe that having missed pretty much all of the 2nd half of the season through injury, they may think he is better served playing in two friendly matches this week?

[/quote]

Well if you''re going to look at it with common sense I don''t know if I want to play any more... ;)

In all seriousness I''m not sure I buy that entirely. Lambert has made a lot about how he wants the squad to bond together this week. If it was all about fitness why hasn''t Wes stayed after missing the last couple of months of the season? Likewise Ward?

Just trying to make a case as to why he would be left behind, admittedly however it doesn''t look good.

People perhaps tried not to read to much into the squad number listings when they were revealed last week but I thought at the time that anyone who was issued with shirt no.s 30+ were in jeopardy, thats beginning to look accurate,

30.Tudur-Jones, 32.Spillane,33.Askou,34.Wiggins,35.Stephens

[quote user="Legend16"]A guy from work lives down the same road as Cody. Cody is with the squad in Germany.[/quote]

There are some pictures on the official site of the training camp.....McDonald can clearly be seen there!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Just trying to make a case as to why he would be left behind, admittedly however it doesn''t look good.

People perhaps tried not to read to much into the squad number listings when they were revealed last week but I thought at the time that anyone who was issued with shirt no.s 30+ were in jeopardy, thats beginning to look accurate,

30.Tudur-Jones, 32.Spillane,33.Askou,34.Wiggins,35.Stephens

[/quote]The difference is though Jens had the 33 shirt last season so probably would have chose the number.

I very much doubt that Lambert will let anyone other than midfielders go without having a replacement coming in first.

Not sure why he would let Askou go unless Askou wanted to leave or he is expensive in wages.

Ofcourse he may have chosen to leave him behind for many good reasons. Admittedly it does not bode well. I would hope to hell we had another centre back come in for him though because if you look at last season we were practically forced to pick a back two of Doherty and Nelson for the 2nd half of the season due to injury to Whitbread and Askou. And we have Ward who is also injured at the moment. Trying to do it with three centre backs is just too difficult - even if Francomb played there there other day . . . . . maybe another sign?

Is Francomb in Germany? He isn''t in the squad for Kings Lynn

And Adeyemi? I think he could be off to Bradford? Or are they both in Germany

Adeyemi is up in Bradford , Francomb played the second half last night and I believe Wiggins is trying to get to Bournemouth again, I think Steer is in the picture not Wiggins.

"Green&Yellow Fan": on the last picture on the official site. who''s the coloured guy on the left?                       Not sure, but don''t worry, I''m sure he wasn''t allowed on the same bus as the white players.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]"Green&Yellow Fan": on the last picture on the official site. who''s the coloured guy on the left?

Not sure, but don''t worry, I''m sure he wasn''t allowed on the same bus as the white players.
[/quote]

Take it easy. He clearly wasn''t meaning to cause offence by using an out dated term.