Sign in to follow this  
pete_norw

on line tickets

Yeah, I thought the same when I booked mine for Newcastle.Personally I think they have dropped the ball a bit by charging so much for kids.

As a student also, i think its ridiculous student or in work to charge this much.

Surely we would better of charging £5/10 kids for a quid and getting a full house, plus selling alot more food drink etc.

I reckon 12000 at best for both games.

However i am still going so shouldn''t complain too much.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

supprised to see hardly any have been sold sofar

[/quote]I''m really not surprised given the silly pricing and lack of concessions.Would''ve been nice to go to both but I''ll be giving Everton a miss - I''m not prepared to pay £30 for two friendlies as I suspect a lot of people aren''t.

cost is too much - £ 70 for me and two kids for both

Newcastle are not much of a drawand I cannot stand everton - sure the Spurs Friemndly was about £ 5 and £ 1 and got a full house - even if teh River End I was in was full of Norfolk spurs

I agree its too much for a friendly but I''m going anyway. Centre seats in the City stand and Jarold Stand are nearly all sold.

Anyone know how many tickets they have sold for Newcastle and Everton yet?

Think someones has dropped a big clanger with this one, I''m not bothering because of the price but think the club should have thought this one out a little better, £5 for a friendly and kids for a quid  would have brought in around 18000

First time I''ve not gone to home friendlies, just can justify the cost. I''m waiting to find out the price of the Gillingham Carling Cup tickets.

I am not surprised, the tkts are to expensive, I guess thats the new regime but if the crowds are small it may backfire.

£15 for an adult is not to bad, would have prefered £12 maybe but £10 for under 16 is to much

I never go to any friendlies, I believe the last friendly I went too at CR was Ajax, which was a lot of years ago now (Ibrahimovic scored) but I don''t see why they are charging so much to see two, fairly boring sides. Surely charging £1 or even £5 for u16''s would get larger crowds as those with young children who dont get to any league games may be interested to go see a couple of games vs PL teams?

I''m not surprised to hear they havn''t sold many tickets.Last year, our two home friendlies were against Manchester United XI and Wigan.The ticket prices were £10 Adult, £5 Under 21, and £3 Under 16.and the gates at the games were just over 13,000 for Man Utd XI and just over 8,000 for Wigan. But for our two friendlies this year the prices are significantly higher, I don''t expect a crowd better than the Man Utd Xi tbh. They are over priced the two friendlies, but I''m still going to them both with a mate, £15 will be worth it if its as good as the Wigan one last year. I remember the JPT Round 1 game at CR against Brentford last season and the tickets were £5 adults and £1 Under 16. and it got a corwd of 12,000+. and like half the ground was closed, impressive stuff.

Most fans bang on about wanting us to leave behind the whole "family club" reputation then when we raise our pre season friendly prices to match everyone elses and not favour packing the place with little kids they moan about it, how can the club win?

Personally I would have loved to go and take my two children to the game, but I have to say no based purely on cost, I can''t afford it.It''s only a friendly and not a must go to match so I''ll probably take them to the pictures instead Hollywood price for 4 is approx £8 usingtick red buy one get one free, I''d rather go to watch football but NCFC have priced me out.

[quote user="Del boy"]Personally I would have loved to go and take my two children to the game, but I have to say no based purely on cost, I can''t afford it.

It''s only a friendly and not a must go to match so I''ll probably take them to the pictures instead Hollywood price for 4 is approx £8 using
tick red buy one get one free, I''d rather go to watch football but NCFC have priced me out.
[/quote]

Is this the shape of things to come then? high price tickets, Extra seats, becoming empty seats.   

[quote user="pete_norw"]Think someones has dropped a big clanger with this one, I''m not bothering because of the price but think the club should have thought this one out a little better, £5 for a friendly and kids for a quid  would have brought in around 18000[/quote]But the club would make more money by leaving things as they are and only getting 7,000.

[quote user="ucl-canary"]How did you work that one out?[/quote]Based upon Adult prices:18,000 x £5 = £90,0007,000 x £15 = £105,000Based upon U16 prices:18,000 x £1 = £18,000

7,000 x £10 = £70,000

its £27 for the watford game...Bear in mind you can get into the Milan Derby for less than that i would suggest English football has a word with itself.4-4-2 Magazine did a review of ticketing prices accross Europe about 2 years ago... you can get into Ajax for £13!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]its £27 for the watford game...Bear in mind you can get into the Milan Derby for less than that i would suggest English football has a word with itself.4-4-2 Magazine did a review of ticketing prices accross Europe about 2 years ago... you can get into Ajax for £13![/quote]

Exactly the powers to be are shooting themselves in the foot, once fans start to drift away they may not come back then wewill have half empty stadiums, possibly good riddance, after watching the crap served up by England at the world cupGOOD RIDDANCE

id usually go to home friendlies but £15? sorry thats a joke.

Me and my 2 kids are going to the Newcastle game, but it will be the last pre season friendly I shall attend, unless they have a bit of a think about the pricing policy.

I think its good the club are tightning their financial belts but these prices for friendlies are to much!

Would of been better to have had special deals for season ticket holders and members to reward them for renewing -

Season ticket holders - Adults £10, Kids £1

Members - Adults £12 (or £20 for tickets to both games)

Kids, £2 (or £3 for both games)

Non members - Adults £15, Kids £5

As an old guy stood up and said at the last AGM - The majority of our big crowds since the Worthington era have been because competitive and fair prices the club charge for tickets. It certainly isn''t cause of the great successful football in most of the seasons!

I''m off both those Saturdays, have the money, have nothing planned, but am not going out of principle. It''s far too much to pay. Went to the Wigan friendly last season, and regretted it within minutes. Nothing worse than going to CR and paying money for a game that means nothing.

On the subject of prices, I paid 20 euros to watch Feyenoord last season and 14 euros to watch Bayern Munich the season before. Both in top flight league games. If English football was charging what they do abroad in the second or third tier we woud be paying around £10 a ticket for a league game- so a season ticket would be in the region of £200 for an adult!

Would have gone to both, but at £15 it''s far too expensive for what it is - a friendly.

Maybe it''s just me, but I expect friendlies to be orientated towards families and those who don''t come every week during the league season (ie ST holders) the pricing for a family of four (and then add on a meal elsewhere or food at the game) is without doubt out of the reach of most families these days.

A shame as attractive fixtures on the face of it, but too greedy. And no reserve league to take young kids too either this season. Will we win family club of the year again? Makes you wonder, doesn''t it.

Spot on. £10 for adults and £1 for under-16s is far more like it. They make loads of money on food and programmes anyway. And if people don''t have to pay much to get in they''re far more likely to spend cash on food rather than going over to Morrisons

Gillingham Cup tickets are priced at £12 adults and £1 for under 16''s.

Only NCFC could charge kids TEN times as much for a friendly than they are charging for a cup tie!