Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Just for my sanity

I am slightly worried that have turned into a bit of an anorak and would just like to check if anyone else is doing the same as me! Yesterday I printed off the entire top 8''s remaining fixtures and proceeded to pour over them, checking who''s got who and on what weekend. I found myself saying "Ooh when we''ve got Preston at home on the penultimate weekend the Binners have got to go away to Sheffield United. That won''t be easy!" I felt a bit of a geek after doing this for 20 minutes or so. Has the fixture bug caught anybody else, or am I just one great big saddo!

DD/Wiz

Yes - i''m sure all us amateur statto''s are doing this - no idea what we''re going to be like in another month.

Nobody can say that supporting the City is boring though can they? Our boys certainly know how to put us through the mill!

But i''d rather this than languishing in mid table...

I have had my fixture list out for the last 4 weeks working it all out well as I want it to go lololol then I added a stats section to my site ..helps a little on current form and so on

http:carrowroad.net/community/index.php at the bottom of the page if anyone wants a butchers

Not sad DD, i was going to do something similar but i have managed to convince myself that it is a TOTAL waste of time after this weekend. I looked at the fixtures and was pretty worried as i saw a draw at Sunderland the most likely result and then looked at WBA and saw they were home to Rotherham so i was certain in my mind that we were gonna have our lead cut no matter what. And then Rotherham go and win. It''s just pointless trying tp predict this league!

I think we all need to remember what Worthy said weeks ago, i.e. ''there will be plenty of twists and turns before the end of the season''. I''m convinced that he''ll be proved right. Whilst I don''t want to think about losing tomorrow, if it happens it will not be the start of a slide into oblivion, nor will it be the end of our chances of winning the title or of going up.
I was talking to my boss at work today (a Hammer''s fan) and he thinks, as I do, that this division is really exciting this year because there are still so many teams with a chance of a playoff place, and a couple who could yet pinch an auto promo place, and most still have to play each other. I''m not sure if my nerves can take much more than the next ten weeks or so will provide, but I''m really glad to be feeling like this rather than contemplating mid-table obscurity and another season for sure in this division.

DD,
Thank goodness I wasn''t the only one,spent a couple of hours pulling off everyone''s fixtures(well those in the top 8),predicted how I thought each game would end,totted up the points and guess what,we finished 1st with Wigan 2nd and West Brom in the playoffs,so dont worry we''ve all got the bug,perhaps we''re all saddo''s

my excuse is that i''m a bit of a gambling man so i was at it in December when I back us at 12s. if u like the stats check out the Bet Devil website (look it up on google). loads of stats in there and great for current form tables.