Sign in to follow this  
William Darby

RIP Roy Waller

I spent my childhood and teenage years listening to Roy commentate on Norwich games every Saturday afternoon.

RIP Roy - the voice of Carrow Road.

It was brilliant when he called Vinny Samways "Sammy Vinways" for the whole 90 minutes. Gotta love him, what a hero.

[quote user="canarywales"]R.I.P[/quote]No no no!

This can''t have happened, I love the bloke, I''m gobsmacked..........my thoughts are with his family, RIP Norfolk legend.

For me he was the voice of Norwich City.

Many of my great younger day moments involving Norwich city have a Roy Waller soundtrack.

Did not really know him but he always came across as a gent and has a obvious passion for the club.

My respects to his family.

Like many of the previous posters I grew up listening to Uncle Roy''s commentaries from far flung grounds around this country - my favourite memory of his commentating skills has to be the Bruce goal in the Milk Cup semi - sheer unbridled joy, totally biased commentary and obviously a real fan of the club.   He''ll be sadly missed.   RIP Roy!

Very sad news indeed. Though some may have mocked his verbal slips on the radio, he seemed like a character and was a good local broadcaster who exuded a warmth and friendliness that not all can achieve. RIP, Roy, you will be missed.

Really sad news - thanks for the memories Roy.... Growing up listning to you in the Radio will live with me forever!

RIP Roy

So sorry to hear the sad news. Roy will forever be the abiding voice of the radio broadcasts from home and away games for many years. Who can forget his famous

"Victor Seeeegooooraaaah" from years gone by. Rest in peace Roy, you were a gentleman, a talisman, and a friend to many. You will be very sadly missed. My deepest condolences to his family.

Goodnight me old booty. X

Just read this on the EDP website and am really sad and shocked.

Have met Roy and he was a lovely guy, passionate about our club and his job on Radio Norfolk.

He will be missed by us all, sleep tight Roy.

So many fond memories of his commentaries of Citys games , his passion for the game and our team was wonderfuland he will be sadly missed.A real true Norfolk boy who will be foreever in the hearts of City fans

Really sad news, Always loved his enthusiasum.RIP Roy.

Very sad news.  Who can forget classics such as "The referee''s blown his watch", and Neil Adams constantly pointing out that the last shot didn''t, in fact, go in the net at all.  A true City supporter through and through and didn''t it always show.RIP Roy.

Sad news will be missed my first real memories of him was my inlaws used to tape his comentry  of city games and send them out to me and wife to listen to while we were stationed in germany during the mid 80s.Wasnt the most gifted comentator but his love for city shone thru ,true gentlemanOTBC