Sign in to follow this  
William Darby

RIP Roy Waller

Deeply saddening news.

Good ol'' boy he was too.

''Malky has improved a lot this season, he now takes a touch to control the ball before launching it down field."

Pure classic local commentator and a true gent.

Thanks for all of the wonderful memories Roy, you will never be forgotton.

R.I.P true legend, i''m sure there was a list of some of his brilliant quotes somewhere, would be good if they could be dug up

Is this true?

My god, how sad, Ithanks for the memories ''uncle Roy'' a true gentleman, a true canary and a true NCFC legend. He made matchdays on radio Norfolk something special, condolances to his family and friend.

R.I.P Roy x

Thanks for the memories Roy, listening to your one sided commentary was a big part of being a City fan in my younger days,RIP to a top bloke.

Roy was a friend of my family in the late 70s / early 80s, when he was doing commentaries on hospital radio.  My Dad played tennis with Roy and another friend over the local park, the three of them would play round robins, and Roy would play "3 and in" football with a tennis ball with me between games, commentating on the game as he played [:)].  It was Roy I believe who arranged for me and my dad to go to my first Norwich match in 1980.A man full of energy and excitement, who was given the chance to share his passion with many.