Sign in to follow this  
chicken

Brazilian on trial

Have a listen to the ''One more in by Sunday'' article and listen towards the end. We have a Brazilian on loan - Jo anyone?

I think I saw a thread about this at some point yesterday, conclusion was that no one has any idea who it could be other than maybe one of the guys who was on trial at Leeds.

I doubt we will ever find out who this Brazilian lad is, sounds as if there is an agent touting a bunch of Brazilans to Championship clubs, didn''t Bristol City also have a couple of guys on trial? It does Norwich no harm to look at him for a week.

It certainly isn''t a player who has ever been near one of the Brazilian national teams and whoever it is will need an EU Passport to avoid work permit issues.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

I doubt we will ever find out who this Brazilian lad is, sounds as if there is an agent touting a bunch of Brazilans to Championship clubs, didn''t Bristol City also have a couple of guys on trial? It does Norwich no harm to look at him for a week.

It certainly isn''t a player who has ever been near one of the Brazilian national teams and whoever it is will need an EU Passport to avoid work permit issues.

[/quote]

Yeah I remember when we took Valentin Illiev on trial. After about a week Roeder finally realised that it would be impossible to sign him because of work permit issues. He could have checked that out beforehand surely.....

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

Yeah I remember when we took Valentin Illiev on trial. After about a week Roeder finally realised that it would be impossible to sign him because of work permit issues. He could have checked that out beforehand surely.....

[/quote]

Illiev was a bit different I seem to remember, he was part of the Bulgarian national team but just fell short of the required rate of appearing in 75% of their latest international games. The work permit rules confuse everyone and are rarely black and white, for example Celtic signed a young Japanese player who had never appeared for Japan, he was refused work permit at first attempt but at appeal Strachan described him as the best winger he had ever seen play, this seemed to sway the opinions of officials and he was granted a work permit and then never played for Celtic. Strachan obviously changed his mind about him being a great winger.

There is a loophole that says that an outstanding young talent may be granted a permit, the "big" clubs argue this all the time, then when a smaller club applies they are not deemed outstanding....

[quote user="Salahuddin"]There is a loophole that says that an outstanding young talent may be granted a permit, the "big" clubs argue this all the time, then when a smaller club applies they are not deemed outstanding....[/quote]a little bit of money from rich European billionaire in the direction of the govenrment and low and behold a work permit arrives!!! same day! by motor cycle courier!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]There is a loophole that says that an outstanding young talent may be granted a permit, the "big" clubs argue this all the time, then when a smaller club applies they are not deemed outstanding....[/quote]

The system is certainly open for interpretation. Man City were denied a work permit for McDonald Mariga as Kenya are ranked below 70th on the FIFA list (which as everyone knows is dubious), Mariga then moved to Inter Milan and appeared in the Champions League Final. Arsenal bought Carlos Vela but were never given a work permit, so they shipped him out on loan for 3 years to Spain until he could obtain Spanish citizenship and negate the need for a work permit - might seem to be a bit of a waste of time now for Arsenal as Vela has the same goalscoring illness that affected Cureton last year.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Salahuddin"]There is a loophole that says that an outstanding young talent may be granted a permit, the "big" clubs argue this all the time, then when a smaller club applies they are not deemed outstanding....[/quote]a little bit of money from rich European billionaire in the direction of the govenrment and low and behold a work permit arrives!!! same day! by motor cycle courier![/quote]The thing is though, if Man Utd are trying to sign a youngster, he probably is one of the most outstanding talents in the world, whereas if a team like us try to sign him, he cannot be that ''outstanding'' because if he was, he would be going to a ''big club'', and not a Championship one.

Delia can do whatever she likes imo but I wouldn''t usually recommend a high cut swimsuit for any woman over 35.

I think it will all end up with an itchy rash. Perhaps that is a plan, so she can squirm like Sophie and Nigella.

[quote user="Larry David"]
http://www.smh.com.au/news/a-league/patrick-primed-for-high-strike-rate/2007/08/22/1187462358494.html

This guy?
[/quote]

I''ll be disappointed if it is. In the couple of games I saw him in, he was not very good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_da_Silva

However, seeing as though all we have to go of is one person claiming his name is Patrick, and another''s use of Google. It may be a case of 2 + 2 = 5.

QUOTE - It''s just what I''ve been told, he is

indeed a Center Half and is apparently ''Decent, but no better than what

we already have''

Looks like you were right!Obviously not deemed good enough but anyone ever find out who he was? (just out of interest)