Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

John Ruddy to be unveiled as a Norwich City player tomorow morning

[quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="John"][quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="John"][quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Barclaybred"]...though we dont normally do 3 year contracts,its usually 2...[/quote]

Surnam and Croft came in on a 3 year and Chris Martin renegotiated a 3 and a half year deal.

[/quote]

You obviously missed the "normally" ..There are exceptions or i would have put "always"..

[/quote]

Approximately a third of Lambert''s signings are on three years rather than two. A third is not "exceptional".

[/quote]

So two thirds of Lamberts signings are not 3 year contracts then,so surely the norm is not 3years!

[/quote]Though perhaps ***closer*** to the norm than the "2 year" or "2 year with extension" contracts, that you previously said make up the supposed "norm"? In which case you are firmly in the wrong. If not, you''re hardly "correct" in what you first said anyway.Nevertheless, regardless, they hardly seem to be an ''unusual'' occurance, so to dispel the likelihood of this rumour on the grounds of it being a 3 year contract offerred to one who is a relatively young keeper at the age of 23, is certainly odd to say the least.[/quote]What school did you go to! If there is 1/3 that are 3 years contract as he stated,and 2/3 not,then 3year contracts are not the norm! ..I wasnt dispelling the rumour or fact,i was just stating that in the past,we seemed to offer 2 year contracts more,and some with an extension..So if this rumour/fact becomes a signing then it means,imo,Lambert has massive faith in this guy[/quote]

Wow!Does lead one to wonder what school you went to.[/quote]

Pay attention at the back,yes that means you JOHN!!

If i was paid £600 a week for 8 months and £200 a week for 4 months..would i normally being rich or poor? ..

...cmon im waiting,,, As i NORMALLY have £600 in my pocket than the FEW months i dont,i would NORMALLY be better off than not

[/quote]Eurgh. This ain''t half getting tedious.Normally "better off", yes. As for a £600 a week salary classified as "rich", and a £200 one "poor"? That''s open to interpretation, not least if you gauge richness through other means than those that are economical.Anyway, this meaningless token of a maths lesson pales into insignificance on the basis that you seem to have failed to pick up on my big jazzy highlight.I didn''t declare it the norm, i said that it could perhaps be closer to the norm.

[quote user="John"][quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="John"][quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="John"][quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Barclaybred"]...though we dont normally do 3 year contracts,its usually 2...[/quote]

Surnam and Croft came in on a 3 year and Chris Martin renegotiated a 3 and a half year deal.

[/quote]

You obviously missed the "normally" ..There are exceptions or i would have put "always"..

[/quote]

Approximately a third of Lambert''s signings are on three years rather than two. A third is not "exceptional".

[/quote]

So two thirds of Lamberts signings are not 3 year contracts then,so surely the norm is not 3years!

[/quote]

Though perhaps ***closer*** to the norm than the "2 year" or "2 year with extension" contracts, that you previously said make up the supposed "norm"? In which case you are firmly in the wrong. If not, you''re hardly "correct" in what you first said anyway.

Nevertheless, regardless, they hardly seem to be an ''unusual'' occurance, so to dispel the likelihood of this rumour on the grounds of it being a 3 year contract offerred to one who is a relatively young keeper at the age of 23, is certainly odd to say the least.
[/quote]What school did you go to! If there is 1/3 that are 3 years contract as he stated,and 2/3 not,then 3year contracts are not the norm! ..I wasnt dispelling the rumour or fact,i was just stating that in the past,we seemed to offer 2 year contracts more,and some with an extension..So if this rumour/fact becomes a signing then it means,imo,Lambert has massive faith in this guy[/quote]

Wow!

Does lead one to wonder what school you went to.
[/quote]

Pay attention at the back,yes that means you JOHN!!

If i was paid £600 a week for 8 months and £200 a week for 4 months..would i normally being rich or poor? ..

...cmon im waiting,,, As i NORMALLY have £600 in my pocket than the FEW months i dont,i would NORMALLY be better off than not

[/quote]

Eurgh. This ain''t half getting tedious.

Normally "better off", yes. As for a £600 a week salary classified as "rich", and a £200 one "poor"? That''s open to interpretation, not least if you gauge richness through other means than those that are economical.

Anyway, this meaningless token of a maths lesson pales into insignificance on the basis that you seem to have failed to pick up on my big jazzy highlight.

I didn''t declare it the norm, i said that it could perhaps be closer to the norm.
[/quote]

Good people of Norwich city football club, Please look on the positive side, Ruddy will be ours, FF could be called back,

leaving us in the brown stuff, yes I was one of those calling him to sign for another year, But its not up to him, his boss is the

key here and I trust Lambert to know what he''s doing, We can''t hang about to long and Lambert has done the right thing

by going plan B (Fraser Forster has gone)

Why''s everyone moaning.. this kid could turn out to be quite a keeper.. Its a mystery to all of us but just because we''ve never heard of him doesn''t mean he''s no good. When we loaned Newcastle''s 3rd choice keeper last season no-one stood up and went YES.. we knew nothing about him either!

Besides Fraser will be back at Carrow Rd sooner rather than later.. With Newcastle in pre season [;)]

[quote user="PL"]Why''s everyone moaning.. this kid could turn out to be quite a keeper.. Its a mystery to all of us but just because we''ve never heard of him doesn''t mean he''s no good. When we loaned Newcastle''s 3rd choice keeper last season no-one stood up and went YES.. we knew nothing about him either!

Besides Fraser will be back at Carrow Rd sooner rather than later.. With Newcastle in pre season [;)][/quote]

I think a lot of people are stuck in that Roeder loan syndrome,

At the end of the day, if money/Newcastle were no object, I''d want us to sign Forster permanently. If not that, then Ruddy sounds a very decent alternative. Young, capable and good experience at a good level with Motherwell. I would prefer Forster on loan rather than Ruddy on loan though.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]At the end of the day, if money/Newcastle were no object, I''d want us to sign Forster permanently. If not that, then Ruddy sounds a very decent alternative. Young, capable and good experience at a good level with Motherwell. I would prefer Forster on loan rather than Ruddy on loan though.[/quote]Are we not signing him on a 3yr deal???  Not a loan deal!!!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="TheGoogler"]At the end of the day, if money/Newcastle were no object, I''d want us to sign Forster permanently. If not that, then Ruddy sounds a very decent alternative. Young, capable and good experience at a good level with Motherwell. I would prefer Forster on loan rather than Ruddy on loan though.[/quote]Are we not signing him on a 3yr deal???  Not a loan deal!!![/quote]

That''s the rumour. Surprising that we have not heard anything about a Press Conference or suchlike.

CTID: There was a rumour going round Ruddy was only a loan deal. I was saying, if that was true, would rather wait to see if Forster was available. However, it''s been proven now to be permanent. I''m pleased with the deal. A good young keeper, highly rated and ours.

John it was getting tedious,but as my original point was concerning the length we normally give,i was correct in saying 3 IS THE NORM! so not closer to 2 or 4 or any other number!!! ..Now onto the signing..As it is a long term perm signing,im more than happy as In Lambert I Trust,so he obviously thinks this guy is worth it...Now all i want is jackson and perhaps danny green,though would still be confident with what we have now to hold our own with anyone in this division..

It does suggest that the club have been aware for some time that Forster was either not coming back, or that Newcastle were ''playing the field'' and keeping their options open.So fair play to the club for being decisive and going out to get a decent keeper. Again this shows the kind of positive action from the club which the fans have been wanting for somewhile.Odd though, how we are able to bring in players BEFORE others leave. Maybe one club has the more of a determination AND backing for promotion than another club.We shall see in the coming months.

I think Forster did well enough last season to make Newcastle believe they can charge a premium for his services this coming season.

Ruddy was very highly rated as a youngster so perhaps a decent alternative. 6''4" so he is a big lad too...

[quote user="Muddy funster"]This could well be evidence of our new Chief Scout working hard......you know, the Scotland connection......anyone???[/quote]Fair shout there muddy!! I am very pleased with this signing! I have heard very good things about him from my everton mate, who reckons he will be very good when he is older, sounds like we have signed a good keeper who will only get better!!

[quote user="Mushroom"]There was a glitch in getting Ruddy here yesterday to finalise, they were hoping to get the deal signed and sealed then, but he has since passed his medical and will the signing will be announced tomorrow, a three-year deal.[/quote]Spot on M[Y]

[quote user="TheGoogler"]CTID: There was a rumour going round Ruddy was only a loan deal. I was saying, if that was true, would rather wait to see if Forster was available. However, it''s been proven now to be permanent. I''m pleased with the deal. A good young keeper, highly rated and ours.[/quote][Y]

[quote user="thirdlion"]This is good news if correct. Ruddy is a very good young goalkeeper.[/quote]

Looks like this laddy was right!

Stop pointlessly bringing up old threads.