Sign in to follow this  
Bobert

No Club ties!

Called in at the shop this morning to buy the book about last season. No discount for season ticket holders as the book is priced at £14.95 which is 5p below the discount limit. OK then I will add to my purchases and buy a NSFC tie. They do not have any.

Think.... height of the holiday season people from all over the World coming to Norwich. lets visit the club shop and buy a tie for myself and friends. Easy to pack. Nice gift. There are none!

But you get 25,000 supporters to a match soon to be 27,000.... you MUST have club ties for sale. No sorry... there was one in the display case but we sold that!

Oh come on Delia, Chairman, marketing Director who ever..... get some ties in the Club shop!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]They must be very polular or very understocked, as i went to purchase one for a gift last game of the season...NONE LEFT [:(][/quote]And the fella behind me also wanted one

Just before the end of last season I was told by one of the staff in the Club shop that a new buyer was to be starting so that may have something top do with it.

About time he got his finger out then or came back from his holidays. Its rubbish that there is no stock. bet I could fill the shop with 10,000 ties inside a fortnigh. and get selling them at £1 each profit. Look how quickly the street lads got the Championship scarves out!

[quote user="Bobert"]About time he got his finger out then or came back from his holidays. Its rubbish that there is no stock. bet I could fill the shop with 10,000 ties inside a fortnigh. and get selling them at £1 each profit. Look how quickly the street lads got the Championship scarves out![/quote]

The buyer is a woman as it goes.. i asked her about if there would be special edition league one winners'' shirts. To which she replied there will not be any :(

[quote user="nu_matik"][quote user="Bobert"]About time he got his finger out then or came back from his holidays. Its rubbish that there is no stock. bet I could fill the shop with 10,000 ties inside a fortnigh. and get selling them at £1 each profit. Look how quickly the street lads got the Championship scarves out![/quote] The buyer is a woman as it goes.. i asked her about if there would be special edition league one winners'' shirts. To which she replied there will not be any :([/quote]

Thank God for small mercies.

That would have been worse than ''WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!''

Last time I went I had to take a yellow one as the green were finished.

Mind you they''re all polyester...

Maybe this new buyer lady is getting us some more stylish silk ones - I wouldn''t bet on it though.

In recent years they''ve been designing and selling ties on a season by season basis - that is similar to the first team kit - so ripping us fans off again [;)].  That way I guess people will automatically buy a new one every season, especially after all the coffee spilt on them has turned it from green and yellow to brown.  So sounds like the 2009-10 season tie has sold out, perhaps ahead of expectation, and they are still waiting for the 2010-11 one to arrive.

If the buyer (man or woman) cannot do the job properly she needs to be fired. 27,000 fans want the club to be successful and get out of debt. Every little helps as we all know especially in these dire economic times. Unfortunately Delia does not read the Message Board so no help from that source but I might take it upon myself to write to her. Hopefully the chief Executive reads the Board and sends the buyer a rocket. UIf Capital canaries can provide ties one would expect the club could too!

Wot no ties!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always said that if I had to wear a suit for work then I would always wear a Norwich City tie, tie pin, cufflinks the works.

Good job I don`t wear a suit.

And before any of you say I wear a McDonalds uniform you coundn`t be more wrong

It`s KFC

I''ve never bought one of these ties, And before tonight I have never considered it either, but I am incensed and I will be writing a sternly-worded letter to the Chairman. I will also send a copy to the EDP.

This outrage cannot continue and I for one will be boycotting ALL NCFC matches until Saturday 7th August 2010.

I have one and have worn it twice in the last 2 years. However, important uses each time. The first was for a meeting in Ipswich, and the second a meeting just outside of Colchester.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Same here Andy, I have got a blue NCFC tie with the club badge at the bottom, wore it after we beat Leeds as we have couple of real (Yorkshire born) and one plastic (Suffolk born) Leeds fans in the office....[/quote]

Why can''t you wear a belt like everyone else.

[quote user="NorwichCasual"]I''ve never bought one of these ties, And before tonight I have never considered it either, but I am incensed and I will be writing a sternly-worded letter to the Chairman. I will also send a copy to the EDP. This outrage cannot continue and I for one will be boycotting ALL NCFC matches until Saturday 7th August 2010.[/quote]

That''s right Casual, you show them.

They don''t like it up''em they don''t!

[:@]

Isn''t it wonderful!. 1,243 have viewed this post and over 21 replies and not a single comment from the Management of the Club. Shows how much they a) read Message Board b) care about selling Club merchandise c) are really bothered about the supporters.

Reminds me of how bothered the BP Management was to the early reports of the oil slick in the Gulf of Mexico or Tony Blair to the protests by his own supporters in Hyde Park over the war in Afganistan.

True that the shop does not sell braces either!

The book was not really what I was expecting.... I thought it would be more classy and less like a Rupert Bear Annual but at least it is a hard back.

Seems somehow that being champions of League One did not rate in the eyes of the Directors or the Club Buyer.

Considering the pages and pages and pages written by Argent over the season and the pages and pages written on this Notice Board I thought there would be more text but maybe there is a "copyright" problem.

Still it is worth putting in the bookcase as a memory rather than a compulsive read.

[quote user="AndyCanary"]I have one and have worn it twice in the last 2 years. However, important uses each time. The first was for a meeting in Ipswich, and the second a meeting just outside of Colchester.[/quote]good man! Iexpect you to wear it at al future digital NRG FC functions as well.