Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Fixture changes announced for East Anglian derbies

I think theres undiscovered tribes in darkest Africa that predicted this lol.

are the fans that bad ?

See that the Sheffield derby is rarely changed and that looked far worse on TV

Even Cardiff vs Swansea is Midweek evening without problem - we are a bunch of savages here aren;t we

Ive always said that our police deal with this derby way too seriously with all these early kick offs on a sunday say. As people say the Sheffield derby, various london derbies which probably have bigger crowds than what our derby has and probably more trouble than our one are sometimes on a saturday and even some are on a tuesday night. I really hope that we get ipswich in the carling cup. Clearly an evening match is not something that Norfolk constabulary will exactly relish

Well at least there is a few hours before kick off to get a little more "relaxed".

Its daft really because Lloyds and The Bell can serve early anyway

Who gets to pay the overtime for the bobbies ?  That will be coming out of my council tax will it ?   And other such Nimbiest statements.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Who gets to pay the overtime for the bobbies ?  That will be coming out of my council tax will it ?   And other such Nimbiest statements.[/quote]This was discussed on another thread and I don''t think they get any overtime. Their shift patterns etc are modified and days off in lieu given.

Dam anyone who dont drive and relys on public transport to get them to Norwich....And after all that ramming the green issue down our throats and use public transport  more...........i can''t so will have to travel by car pollute the atmosphere even more...Never mind its what the "Odd lot want"  they   couldn''t police Leeds fans but all of a sudden there worried by our derby game! Amazing or is it the OT issue the officers will get? You see its only global warming when it matters and theres money to be made..............otherwise its forgotten when its needed to be "convienently"

[quote user="morty"][quote user="blahblahblah"]Who gets to pay the overtime for the bobbies ?  That will be coming out of my council tax will it ?   And other such Nimbiest statements.[/quote]This was discussed on another thread and I don''t think they get any overtime. Their shift patterns etc are modified and days off in lieu given.[/quote]Days off in lieu still cost money. [;)]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Lets hope its a "good friday"!]

I can see the headline now..."Town crucified as Holt nails rivals!"
[/quote]

If that is the best you can come up with may i suggest you change your name to      can u shut up please.

1.15pm on Good Friday.  That should sort out the real Christians from the part timers.  I''ll be extremely surprised if Delia goes to the game.

Why can''t they bring it forward to 12 noon (or indeed 1.15pm) on Saturday?

[quote user="canary cherub "]

1.15pm on Good Friday.  That should sort out the real Christians from the part timers.  I''ll be extremely surprised if Delia goes to the game.

[/quote]

PS.  Christian supporters can just stay away, but what about Christian players?  puts them in a very difficult position imo.  Good Friday is the most solemn day in the Christian calendar.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Lets hope its a "good friday"!]I can see the headline now..."Town crucified as Holt nails rivals!"[/quote]

If that is the best you can come up with may i suggest you change your name to      can u shut up please.

[/quote]Over to you...........Or are you busy accepting random facebook friend requests [:o]

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Lets hope its a "good friday"!]

I can see the headline now..."Town crucified as Holt nails rivals!"
[/quote]

[/quote]

Over to you...........Or are you busy accepting random facebook friend requests [:o]
[/quote]

When you get back from Thailand let''s just see how many ladyboys pop up on your profile shall we?

I wonder if our Local Police who requested these changes will also ask for an early kick off against Leeds, whose supporters are far more troublesome and aggressive than the binners.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I wonder if our Local Police who requested these changes will also ask for an early kick off against Leeds, whose supporters are far more troublesome and aggressive than the binners.[/quote]Hopefully they will have learned lessons from the last visit.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

PS.  Christian supporters can just stay away, but what about Christian players?  puts them in a very difficult position imo.  Good Friday is the most solemn day in the Christian calendar.

[/quote]Good point, that said dispensation is granted for those who have to work during the service and relatively few fast all day beforehand these days.  (To be recommended though, 2 pints afterward and it''s fall over time. Awesome!)  

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Lets hope its a "good friday"!]I can see the headline now..."Town crucified as Holt nails rivals!"[/quote]

[/quote]Over to you...........Or are you busy accepting random facebook friend requests [:o][/quote]

When you get back from Thailand let''s just see how many ladyboys pop up on your profile shall we?

[/quote]Do you want me to track down the ladyboy who "stole" your watch?

As I posted earlier same day as the Norwich half marathon so you wont be able to go to both and I think that local charities will miss out big time just because the police fear Norwich v Ipswich fans. Lets just hope we never get any really nasty fans in Norwich or they may want the game called off all together. Why can''t they just do their job and police it on a Saturday afternnon.

This situation is like many other fields of  work, it has become unwritten, accepted practice to move both fixtures of the East Anglian derby from a 3pm ko to either Sunday or Friday.Given the threatenting behaviour from the Leeds game last season, I found that worse than when Ipswich fans are in the Norwich for the game.As many other posters have pointed out, these are two of very few local derbies that get regularly moved away from traditional ko time, Sky broadcasts excepting. Why won''t the powers that be give both clubs the opportunity to prove that a 3pm ko is viable?The media talk about our eroding society and how faiths and traditions are being overhadowed and over-ruled by, amongst many things, money. This is a perfect example as Good Friday is considered to be the most important date in the Christian calendar, as pointed out by canary cherub. Also in this time of emerging from recession, many charities will be relying on monies raised from the Norwich marathon and I sadly agree with ridgeman that a lot will lose vital income because this fixture has been rearranged, clashing with said event.

Whilst its true that the Police wont get overtime for a Sunday, the game at their place is on good Friday, a bank holiday. Double time all round. Thank goodness ME has such deep pockets eh?

Unless the scum have had word from Sky that the game will be televised live. From memory, pretty much the only games on good friday are the TV games.

[quote user="crab"]Whilst its true that the Police wont get overtime for a Sunday, the game at their place is on good Friday, a bank holiday. Double time all round. Thank goodness ME has such deep pockets eh? Unless the scum have had word from Sky that the game will be televised live. From memory, pretty much the only games on good friday are the TV games.[/quote]

I suspect those are probably the reasons, plus the fact that it gives both teams an extra day''s rest before the Monday game.

What an utter lack of class from them down the road, but what else can you expect?

I''m up for trying to get it changed.  Time for a letter to Mr Bowkett.  I''m only too thankful that we''re not "nice little Norwich" any more but there''s no need to go to the opposite extreme.

No surprise but I can''t see the point of moving the Portakabin Rd game to the Friday. I thought the whole idea of moving the game from a Saturday was to try and nullify the atmosphere and reduce the opportunities for fans to get bladdered.

So then what difference does playing the game on Good Friday rather than the next day make?

Whatever time we play them i hope we give their fans the same treatment on their way back to the station that they did at their place....... Revenge is sweet!!