Sign in to follow this  
FatboySlimfast

To boo or not to boo!!

What sort of reaction are the returning two likely to get this weekend? Personally i''ll be giving Kenton a fair bit of stick but im quite looking forward to giving Crouchy a well deserved round of applause.

I wont be booing either - Kenton overall was a good player but hard work for the manager and Crouch did a good job while here. I have no qualms with how either left the club and wish them well at soton - after sat of course.Will be concentrating on cheering the team in yellow - even if it is the same one that started against charlton.OTBC

i wont be booing either i will be cheering on the boys and remember paul dickov what happened there. and why boo darren kenton? are you going to boo robert green when he move and return .what a waste of a topic

Wont be booing either.

Kenton was as cool as ice when here and you cant really blame him for going. Seemed to sometimes look a bit lazy, but I think that was just his cool style, but also a great defender and very versatile.

Crouch was a great piece of business, and I for one am disappointed that he is not here on a permanent basis.

Save all the energy for cheering our players not booing theirs.  Booing a player from another team almost always results in him scoring and we dont want that.

[quote]What sort of reaction are the returning two likely to get this weekend? Personally i''ll be giving Kenton a fair bit of stick but im quite looking forward to giving Crouchy a well deserved round of app...[/quote]

I''m sorry Fatboy slimfast, I disagree with you, I''m afraid, and it would, seem I disagree with everybody else so far.

If it ain''t in a City shirt, then they are fair game to me!.

Tomorrow is I believe, a ''must win'' game, so lets'' terrify them to hell. As long as it''s not racial abuse (quite unacceptable!) then anything goes in my book.

Don''t forget Crouchy said, I believe, that he''d only leave Villa for City, yeah right!.

Let''s raise the roof and intimidate them, you know it make''s sense.

1st Wizard

There''s "fair game" and there''s "booing", the latter to me is just juvenile behaviour.

Both made decent contributions to the Canary cause, so I have no intention of giving either stick.

Has anyone considered that the booing of any opposition player is often a spur to them for greater effort, and possibly to score, especially against their old club. Seen it many a time haven''t we ?

When Sven went back to Charlton and Hucks to Man.City each received a warm welcome and neither had a storming game did they?

So try some lateral thinking and cheer our ex players instead of booing, it just might work in our favour !

p.s. non booing behaviour not applicable Mr. Muscat of course.

[quote]1st Wizard There''s "fair game" and there''s "booing", the latter to me is just juvenile behaviour. Both made decent contributions to the Canary cause, so I have no intention of giving either stick.[/quote]

Gazza, I take your point, I really do, but I owe nothing to Southampton player''s, our their feelings, which Kenton and Crouch now are.

Trust me, if either, or both scored they would be delighted, and I only care for City.

If Hucks is hacked down by either, you''ll keep quiet, yes?.

Sorry, but if this makes me childish, I''ll borrow a dummy for the game.

Otherwise, you''re still a valued friend.

im just not going to make a sound,

untill the norwich linup is read out of course!

I''m with u on this wiz, we owe nothing to players who return with their old clubs and I do begrudge players who move on thinking the grass is greener. My interest is NCFC and if good players leave to sign for other clubs I will hold it against them and Greeno will be included in that. I want us to be a success and I don''t give a monkeys backside about other clubs or individuals.

We dont owe ex players anything but I only boo players when they have done something against city - left in a despicable manner (Marshall), perpetrated some crime against city(Cantona, Muscat etc) or general arrogance merits it (Wolves, Ipswich).

I bear nothing against the vast majority of opponents players and respect many for quality they posses, for example I am hoping that JJ is fit for the trotters visit because watching the worlds best players entertain me is what watching the game is about.

Crouch and Kents did us proud and their careers have moved on - I will not waste my energy booing them for that. Committ a late tackle etc and you will hear my voice.

OTBC

I''m not going to be at FCR this afternoon but if I was I wouldn''t boo either of them.  I thought Kents was a superb defender and to be honest couldn''t blame him for leaving.  As for Crouchy he came to the club and (with Hucks) helped turned us around.  We owe him a lot.

You should have heard me at Charlton last week though with Holland!  SCUM SCUM SCUM SCUM!!!