Sign in to follow this  
Have Heart

All we need now is.....

a solid keeper, hopefully forster will be returning for another sucessful city campaign and a target man as cover for Holt. Never did I think we would have signed 5 players this early on..

I think we will soon see some players leave, OTJ and Gill I reckon and Cody and Johnson will all be sold or loaned.

[quote user="Have Heart"]a solid keeper, hopefully forster will be returning for another sucessful city campaign and a target man as cover for Holt. Never did I think we would have signed 5 players this early on..

I think we will soon see some players leave, OTJ and Gill I reckon and Cody and Johnson will all be sold or loaned.[/quote]Agree with everything you say apart from Oli Johnson, Lambert brought him in for a reason & I think he''ll be backup/substitute this season.  He''s got 15-20 minutes of something different to offer.

he wont sell Johnson, prob wont loan him, we need him for the bench, with 7 subs, i would want at least 2 strikers, so either Martin or Jackson and oli. Cody is still a bit lightweight, but again, we do need 5 decent strikers, because of the course of 50-55 games our strikers will get injured/suspended. Wouldn''t be surprised to see another striker with jacko coming in...

Lambert brought Oli in when we looked like we had a good chance of going up, so he must think he is good enough for the Championship, however he may be loaned out next year.

I''d like a right winger as well just to give us a different option

Green, who we''ve been linked with, had a blinder for Daggers in the play off final and certainly seemed like he could cut it as a squad player in the Championship

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Have Heart"]a solid keeper, hopefully forster will be returning for another sucessful city campaign and a target man as cover for Holt. Never did I think we would have signed 5 players this early on..

I think we will soon see some players leave, OTJ and Gill I reckon and Cody and Johnson will all be sold or loaned.[/quote]Agree with everything you say apart from Oli Johnson, Lambert brought him in for a reason & I think he''ll be backup/substitute this season.  He''s got 15-20 minutes of something different to offer.[/quote]

Unless Lambert is sucessful in bringing Simeon Jackson into the fold with an improved offer. Then I can''t see Johnson being required at this time.

I think your forgetting we need a right sided midfielder/winger.

I would rather see a real pacey front striker aswell, not a cover for Holt. we havent got much pace in the side at all so i think we desperately need that instead of cover for Holt.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Have Heart"]a solid keeper, hopefully forster will be returning for another sucessful city campaign and a target man as cover for Holt. Never did I think we would have signed 5 players this early on.. I think we will soon see some players leave, OTJ and Gill I reckon and Cody and Johnson will all be sold or loaned.[/quote]

Agree with everything you say apart from Oli Johnson, Lambert brought him in for a reason & I think he''ll be backup/substitute this season.  He''s got 15-20 minutes of something different to offer.
[/quote]

I agree. Oli showed flashes of great skill last season and definitely has something to offer. His gamebreaking dribble against Brentford and the late goals against Southend will live long in my mind.

Goalkeeper (Forster?), out-and-out winger (Green?) and a Striker (Jackson?) is what we need as a bare minimum I think.

In an ideal world I''d take an extra striker (Pittman?), and a versatile defender (Keogh?) as well.

Can see one more central midfielder coming in if/when Russell, Gill & OTJ leave too.

Forster,Green,Jackon and a target man would do for a solid championship team. I think we will see Zak and Ward as our defensive partnership next seaon with Smith on left and Martin on the right.

Our squad is looking better than its done for some time, wouldn''t mind seeing Lappin go tho think he will surplus to requirements sooner rather than later!

We''ve not really been linked with any right backs... I can only imagine Lambert will be wanting to use Spillane, and I don''t see why not, he has been impressed whenever he has played and if he can stay fit may will be our regular RB with Russell Martin as cover.

Someone who can cover across the back-line (as in LB, RB and CB) would be a massive bonus I think.

David Wright or Richard Keogh would be absolutely ideal on free transfers.

[quote user="Lincs CR"]I can only imagine Lambert will be wanting to use Spillane[/quote]Why?  Russell Martin was first choice last season, even when Spillane was fit.  And did a decent enough job.

I felt russell martin looked out of his depth in sum matches last year and that was at league one level. He has no pace, isnt strong in a tackle and doesnt have a clue going forward.

[quote user="lmc"]

I''d like a right winger as well just to give us a different option

Green, who we''ve been linked with, had a blinder for Daggers in the play off final and certainly seemed like he could cut it as a squad player in the Championship

[/quote]

Me too mate... [Y]

I would be rather upset if we fail to miss out on the tremendous opportunity of getting Lloyd Sam or similar on a free.

It would be great to see Forster back for another season with us, but if not I have total faith in Declan Rudd, because I really do think that it will be difficult for us to find a better keeper than him elsewhere.

I would like another centre half, as I am still a little concerned over whether Whitbread can stay fit and am not overly confident that any of our others can make the step up if needed long term.

If you add to that a striker like Simeon Jackson (and possibly a replacement target man for Holt on a free or short term loan cover throughought the season), or alternatively Billy Sharp then I think we could have a team on our hands that could not only push for the play-offs but possibly cause the top two in the Championship serious trouble this coming season.

Great work so far this summer and I am certainly hopeful that we will see another two or three quality signings through the door through late June and July.

[quote user="Wallerboi"]I felt russell martin looked out of his depth in sum matches last year and that was at league one level. He has no pace, isnt strong in a tackle and doesnt have a clue going forward.[/quote]

I reckon that Spillane could well be first choice Right Back this season and think that if he stay''s injury free that he is more than capable of holding his own at Championship level.

I think if we''re sticking with the diamond we need a back up for Wes in the hole. Nobody we have can play there currently and Wes is always a target for hackers. It''d be a shame if the game plan for the season fell apart because some clogger did a Christian Dailly on Wes and we had to start patching things together and hoping.

With a back up target man, a right winger and of course a keeper, I think we''re in a great position. Oh and if Jackson wants to join up as well, then what the hell, the more the merrier!