Sign in to follow this  
Ben Holt

Any one know how long Gill, OTJ have left on contract? and what's happening to them?

Maybe the reason these guys are still at the club is because;

- no one wants them

- club refuse to terminate their contracts due to them having numerous years left? (that''s where i need your knowledge)

- Lambert is keeping them?

i think they wont be used at all, surplus to requirements. We have fox, hoolahan,lappin,smith,macnamee,crofts, surman and possibly russel. There is no room for them and any fee should be accepted IMO.

Couldn''t agree more mate, but is there a chance that NO ONE wants them? I mean the speed we got rid of cureton, the doc etc.. surely these would be gone by now if was getting shop of them?

[quote user="Ben Holt"]Couldn''t agree more mate, but is there a chance that NO ONE wants them? I mean the speed we got rid of cureton, the doc etc.. surely these would be gone by now if was getting shop of them?[/quote]

doherty and cureton were out of contract so they basically just leave without any action. OTJ and Gill probably have 2 years left. To terminate the contract they would have to agree a fee paid directly to them would have to be agreed.

OTJ played very well for yeovil so im sure some league one teams will be happy to take him. And Gill was loved at exeter so similar should apply.

[quote user="City penguin"]i think they wont be used at all, surplus to requirements. We have fox, hoolahan,lappin,smith,macnamee,crofts, surman and possibly russel. There is no room for them and any fee should be accepted IMO.[/quote]

And Hughes & Adeyemi. Why does everyone forget Hughes? I reckon he will be a big player for us next year.

[quote user="Docs Big Nose that was at the Heart of the Defence"]

[quote user="City penguin"]i think they wont be used at all, surplus to requirements. We have fox, hoolahan,lappin,smith,macnamee,crofts, surman and possibly russel. There is no room for them and any fee should be accepted IMO.[/quote]

And Hughes & Adeyemi. Why does everyone forget Hughes? I reckon he will be a big player for us next year.

[/quote]Im a massive fan of Hughes and like you, cant believe people forget about him!

I''m with you CUSDP, I think Hughes is a quality and I''m hoping he gets a decent run next year, wouldn''t envy Lambert though as he now has a lot of midfield talent at his disposal, Surman, Crofts, Fox, Smith, Hughes, Adeyemi (probably loaned out), Hoolahan, Lappin and McNamee, with all of these there is no doubt that OTJ and Gill could be surplus.

However, just to throw a spanner in the works, I don''t believe we got to see that much of either last year due to the consistency of the midfield last year but I do think that OTJ and Gill might have something to give so maybe Lambert wants a look before he discards them!

I''m making the assumption that Rusty is off but putting some logic round it, sorry I know that''s not supposed to happen but I think Lambert might see it as

Left: Surman, Lappin

Right: McNamee, Fox

Central: Crofts, Hoolahan, Smith, Hughes, Adeyemi, OTJ and Gill

Assuming that Adeyemi goes on loan that leaves 6, I wouldn''t be suprised to see Hoolahan play further forward in a 5 man midfield, therefore we''re probably left with 4, over a season, maybe that''s what we need??

Maybe I''m just waffling and talking drivel, but who knows?!?!?

[quote user="Ben Holt"]Maybe the reason these guys are still at the club is because; - no one wants them - club refuse to terminate their contracts due to them having numerous years left? (that''s where i need your knowledge) - Lambert is keeping them?[/quote]

If you were paying attention, you would have noticed that Paul Lambert said a couple of weeks ago that he was not going to make anyone leave.  He always talks about new players coming to help the lads not as replacements.  He even said that yesterday about Surman.

I suspect that he wants a big squad to give him options but equally, those two will want matches so may move on.  Don''t forget Rusty may go leaving Gill as backup to Crofts in the defensive midfield slot and if Adeyami goes on loan as he ought to get regualr games and bulked up then the sqad starts to look more vulnerable

Having said all that, I cannot see a role for OTJ at the moment.