Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

is this right ..?

Andrew Surman’s £1.2m departure to Norwich is set to kickstart the summer sales at Wolves.

The 23-year-old midfielder sealed a three-year deal at Carrow Road last night as Wolves got their money back on the fee they paid Southampton last summer.

i thought it was £500,000

seems a lot of money,if this is right

Read more: http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2010/06/23/surmans-departure-to-kickstart-wolves-clearout/?#ixzz0rf7wDLoS

think as well as someone said on another thread that we were owed money for the shackell transfer so we probably only paid the £500,000 with the rest what we were owed

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]do we really care CTID? i for one dont [:)]
[/quote]

Except that the next time the Board and Delia in particular are criticised for under investment, we need to balance the criticism with the pleasure that moments like this bring.   Someone has found more money than you or I will ever see in a lifetime and put it into the club so that we can sign this player.  That is an awesome commitment which i respect.

Nobody outside the two clubs should know because the fee is undiscclosed, but i''d be amazed if the fee was 1.2million after all that''s what Wolves paid for him and has then had a season of not playing.

Regarding the potential discount from the Shackell sale, that may have been negated when we got him back on loan i.e. Wolves waiving a loan fee...

[quote user="singing canary"]my thought .... when was the last time we paid that for a player ..? Earnshaw i think .[/quote]Earnmore was £3.5 million from the bagggies

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]do we really care CTID? i for one dont [:)]
[/quote]

Except that the next time the Board and Delia in particular are criticised for under investment, we need to balance the criticism with the pleasure that moments like this bring.   Someone has found more money than you or I will ever see in a lifetime and put it into the club so that we can sign this player.  That is an awesome commitment which i respect.

[/quote][Y]     its great to be signing players on a perm who are actually young quality players that have hunger and are not just here for a payday..OTBC   cant wait for the new season to start

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="singing canary"]my thought .... when was the last time we paid that for a player ..? Earnshaw i think .[/quote]Earnmore was £3.5 million from the bagggies[/quote]

but we had the money from ashton, ashton was our latest big money signing when we didn''t know where the money was coming from.

I''ll go with Lazy journalism from the E&S mob. Its reported that Wolves paid £1.2m for him last summer, so the journo has taken a look and thought "I know they''ll want to recoup what they paid, therefore he must have been sold for £1.2m"

The Daily Mail are reporting that he''s cost us £500k which I think is far more likely.

We could fill an entire matchday squad with midfielders at the moment!!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="singing canary"]my thought .... when was the last time we paid that for a player ..? Earnshaw i think .[/quote]Earnmore was £3.5 million from the bagggies[/quote]

but we had the money from ashton, ashton was our latest big money signing when we didn''t know where the money was coming from.

[/quote]Ashton was also £3.5 million from Crewe...we were in the Prem so thats where the money came from