Sign in to follow this  
Super Shaun Carey

Mulryne to start tomorrow - Official

Seems since ramadan started safri went off the scene - maybe because he wouldn''t eat delia''s spuds during the day? anyway its over now and he should be having a hearty lunch again - hope we see him back soon.....

Safri hasn''t been playing because it was Ramadan, but I think that finished sometime this week. I cannot remember if it was in the EDP or a matchday programme about his religious observances, where he said that he has coped with it in previous seasons by eating special high energy foods. Clearly Nigel preferred to leave him out completely and have a player who is 100% nourished and fit.
In my opinion, Safri would be a better player to start than Holt given recent performances and would work well in the middle with Francis where they could provide a mix of attacking and defensive midfield.

Lets hope that Safri can get back into the side now he can totally focus on football...

thank god hes starting! holt or francis dropped thou???

got to be holt, francis has been out man so far!!!

OK to safri, (yes ramadan has finished, been doing about it at school)

SOOOOOo

SAFRI FOR THE BENCH!!!

[quote]Safri hasn''t been playing because it was Ramadan, but I think that finished sometime this week. I cannot remember if it was in the EDP or a matchday programme about his religious observances, where he...[/quote]

Aah fair play.  Completely forgot about Ramadan

Blimey, isn''t the African Nation''s Cup enough?

It''s beginning to look like he''ll be unavailable for more of the season than he is available!

Oh well, I hope Mullers can do a good job today.

Get him pinging the ball around like he used to!

He WAS available, because Ramadan isn''t a starvation regime - it just means not eating until after sunset as I understand it. I''m sure there are loads of other Muslim athletes who observe Ramadan and still compete. It''s just that NW chose not to play him - a great shame IMO. From what I''ve seen the bloke is class.