Sign in to follow this  
AndyCanary

Tony Fernandes is looking to buy a house in Norfolk..

So James Allen (F1 Pundit, and ex ITV commentator) is running the entries for a F1 fans forum where F1 fans will get the chance to ask a question to several F1 people. 1 of the people they will get to ask a question to is Tony Fernandes and he was tweeting about the forum on Twitter.I said to him:@tonyfernandes

Don''t think I''ll get invited if I put my question as: "Will you buy

Norwich City FC" What do you think? :DTo which he replied:
tonyfernandes

@AndyWhyteUK

always intrested in norwich. Let''s see. Deliver lotus for norfolk first.

Looking for a house in norfolk.

Sounds great to me! He clearly has the long term future of Lotus in mind and is looking to build up to perhaps doing something with Norwich in the future perhaps.So my fellow NCFC fans where can we recommend Tony could live? I''ve already suggested he buys Felthorpe Hall [:d]. Let''s give him some info to make him feel welcome!

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[Y]

I shall expect an invite to the house-warming party! [;)]

[/quote]

You must be nearing a hundred rocket birthday Lapp!

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Top man lappinitup, have Tweeted a link to Tony.
[/quote]

You cannot be serious man (it''s Wimbledon Time)

Put Fernandes anywhere near Bob Chase, He He He and you would the expect him to put money in NCFC after that!

Fetch me a roll the bacon just flew by[;)]

---And earlier this month it was confirmed that AirAsia X, Fernandes''s

long-haul airline, looks likely to be listed in Kuala Lumpur next year.

Raising squillions of dollars![Y]

So with the Norfolk house news that pretty much settles it. Delia OUT,

Fernandes IN!!![<:o)] 

If only the stock market listing wasn''t actually definite yet but was

dependent on market conditions. If only AirAsia, Fernandes'' main

company, owned more than 16 per cent of AirAsia X. And if only Fernandes

himself owned more than 30 per cent of AirAsia. If only, if only, if

only...[:''(][U][*-)]

I was lucky enough through my work to meet Mr Fernandez yesterday(really nice guy) and although I don''t usually get the chance to talk to these people he did decide to chat to me about how he loved the way the people of Norfolk are very loyal to their local sports teams and was I local? I took the chance to mention my support of Norwich city and he had a little giggle and said "see", I then had a second stab and mentioned rumours connecting him to the club to which he replied "getting the Lotus team ready for a proper run at the F1 title next season" is taking all his time but "lets wait and see if I can help out" with another little giggle. Make of that what you will.

Hmmm an interesting conversation Inchy, especially from one who doesn''t seem to be inclined to the normal BS we get on here.

It doesn''t surprise me when he says he''s focusing on Lotus. If he''s serious about the project it will take up a lot of his time for the next couple of years. This year alone if his team finishes 10th it''s worth £17 mill.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8743943.stm

Still we can live and hope and it seems like many of those who have come to the area on a fairly frequent basis that he likes it, that can only bring us some hope.

Davo

[quote user="Davo"]Hmmm an interesting conversation Inchy, especially from one who doesn''t seem to be inclined to the normal BS we get on here. It doesn''t surprise me when he says he''s focusing on Lotus. If he''s serious about the project it will take up a lot of his time for the next couple of years. This year alone if his team finishes 10th it''s worth £17 mill. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8743943.stm Still we can live and hope and it seems like many of those who have come to the area on a fairly frequent basis that he likes it, that can only bring us some hope. Davo[/quote]

Davo the plan for the Lotus team is to get a feel for it this year(running another new chassis this coming weekend),next year to see if they can play with the big boys and get a few wins on the cards, and the third year to go all out to win the constuctors championship. Where you fit playing at football clubs in amongst that is anybodies guess.  I couldn''t get away with posting BS on here as too many posters know me personally.

Why not send him a Club tie to make him feel welcome and remember us each morning when he looks in the mirror!

Opps.... sorry about that!

[quote user="IncH_HigH "]

[quote user="Davo"]Hmmm an interesting conversation Inchy, especially from one who doesn''t seem to be inclined to the normal BS we get on here. It doesn''t surprise me when he says he''s focusing on Lotus. If he''s serious about the project it will take up a lot of his time for the next couple of years. This year alone if his team finishes 10th it''s worth £17 mill. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8743943.stm Still we can live and hope and it seems like many of those who have come to the area on a fairly frequent basis that he likes it, that can only bring us some hope. Davo[/quote]

Davo the plan for the Lotus team is to get a feel for it this year(running another new chassis this coming weekend),next year to see if they can play with the big boys and get a few wins on the cards, and the third year to go all out to win the constuctors championship. Where you fit playing at football clubs in amongst that is anybodies guess.  I couldn''t get away with posting BS on here as too many posters know me personally.

[/quote]

Binner![:D]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="IncH_HigH "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''d have got away with it if, it weren''t for pesky taddy drinkers.[8o|]

[quote user="IncH_HigH "][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="IncH_HigH "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Taddy drinkers are very few and far between.Yes i confess i tried it just on the one occassion and my mind is made up.All i will say is that if Nutty insists on stocking it there will have to be a sale at Bayer Social Club before the" best before "date expires.

He can have my spare room,and as long as he helps NCFC,i wont charge!..Plenty of parking space for his formula 1 car in driveway/garage and as i have 2 ps3`s i will set 1 up in the room for him..Heck i will even throw in breakfast!

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="IncH_HigH "]

[/quote]

Taddy drinkers are very few and far between.Yes i confess i tried it just on the one occassion and my mind is made up.All i will say is that if Nutty insists on stocking it there will have to be a sale at Bayer Social Club before the" best before "date expires.

[/quote]

Now then Inchy my friend. I have kept very quiet about this up until now. As a barman I have learned never to repeat idle gossip or confidences that may come my way after too many lagers. And of course not to devulge the secrets of "what went on when ''e was p*ssed"  I always figure that "''er indoors" always finds out anyway! But not from me, I am like a priest in the confessional and those secrets are safe with me.

But after reading this post from Tilly I have decided to "tell all"! To be fair it was Duncan that was working that night and I was just a punter. It''s Duncan''s secret to keep so I can "reveal all" with a clear consience.

Now Tilly tried it a lot more than once. The first pint could have been a trial I guess. There are currently four lagers to choose from on our little bar. So yes the first could be a case of "Hmmm Taddy Lager... I''ve never heard of that so I''ll try one" [B] But what about the second pint[B][B] Was that a case of "hmmmm...not too sure about this... I''ll try another"? I suppose that could be a runner? But the what about the third[B][B][B]?? Now did Tilly secretly like this Taddy Lager and keep coming back for more? He never gave Carlsberg, Fosters or Kronenbourg a second glance as he said "I''ll have another Taddy please"! But the fourth [B][B][B][B] was the real give away! Nobody could possibly take that long to make their minds up. Tilly couldn''t get enough of it and just before 11 when most PUPs had left to go home or back to their hotel Tilly, for the fifth time that evening[B][B][B][B][B], went to the bar offered his empty glass and said "Pint of Taddy Duncan"!

Now I ask you.. are these the actions of a man who didn''t enjoy his drink?? No we have to assume that something happened between leaving the club and posting on here to change the old boy''s mind. When he left us Duncan did say to me "will he be alright?" And I must admit I had my doubts as he took the scenic route across the car park weaving from one side to the other before finally identifying the drive and the way out. "I think he''ll be ok" I said to Duncan as he weaved his way down the drive taking many more steps than it usually took me. I tried to reassure Duncan and told him "It''ll just take him longer to get home"! We worked out that he would be crossing the bridge  about 5 minutes later so we stood outside and listened. He would certainly make a big splash and when we heard nothing we were sure he would get home ok.

So what did happen? Only Tilly can tell us that and I suspect he''s a lot more comfortable complaining about Taddy than he is with the truth of his journey home[:O]

On that evidence Nutty it seems that Tilly had obviously though the Taddy sale had already begun and the sale idea is just a clever ploy to get his favoured drink reduced in price. Lets wait and see what his next sale idea is? Hopefully a scotch he doesn''t like maybe[;)] in which case I may have to do further research.I remember now that he was fairly insistant that I try the Taddy but being a man of habbit I stuck to my usual Carlsberg but look forward to the next drink Tilly doesn''t like.[B]

The choices that night were 1) Carlsberg..............Cooking lager!

2) Fosters..................Brewed and drunk by Aussies so say no more as i have stated before the Aussies were hand picked by our finest judges 200 years ago.

3)Kronenberg............Described by our good friend Morty as Kronendeath so that was a non starter.

4)The infamous Taddy.........an unknown liquid until that night and has not been listed along with my favourites of Peroni,Grolsch and Stella.

I spent a couple of hours or so yesterday with Kathy and a couple of friends down at Nutty''s for the England game along with about 30 othere punters of his and the question i will ask is............How many pints did you sell Nutty?

Me thinks a big fat zero!!!!!!!!!!!

So this is just another load of old tosh from "The Whingemeister" himself. Nowhere does this explain the need to drink so many pints of Taddy[B][B][B][B][B] to form an opinion[;)]

How many pints of Taddy were sold yesterday..........

[^o)]Hmmmm...........

I guess it depends what was in this glass when "The Whingemeister" took the Taddy Challenge....

worldcup2010008-1.jpg picture by canaryeddie I can''t believe it''s not bitter......

Come on you PUPs... feel free to add your own captions [;)]

I actually like "Kronendeath" lol, I just don''t like the way 8 pints of it kicks my head in the next day.[:(]

Kronendeath is getting the boot I''m afraid Morty. They are pricing themselves out of our club. It''s going to be bad enough when I have to collect more taxes for the government in January without ridiculous price increases on top!

Taddy... £2.50... Tilly knows it makes sense[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Kronendeath is getting the boot I''m afraid Morty. They are pricing themselves out of our club. It''s going to be bad enough when I have to collect more taxes for the government in January without ridiculous price increases on top!

Taddy... £2.50... Tilly knows it makes sense[;)]

[/quote]I''m wanting to like the Taddy in theory, But I I''m afraid it will taint my high flying international media celebrity image.Have you considered Carling extra cold as an option, thats not a bad pint.

I can''t compete with those establishments that cater for the image concious drinkers Morty my friend. I know my place in a world where VFM is the order of the order of the day[;)]

Carling is ok and we used to sell it. Never did extra cold though.

What is the image of an establishment where mild outsells premium lager 3/1[:^)]

£1.95 a pint[:O]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

"Ish pish but I quite fancy the Tillmeister after 4 or 5, as long as he wears the bag"

[/quote]

Wears(were''s) the bag, she was on the pitch