Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

First game of the season also moved for Sky

This won''t please people who have to travel, but makes no odds to me.Despite the fact we are always pants on the telly I guess we have to be happy with a bit of extra money though.

[quote user="morty"]This won''t please people who have to travel, but makes no odds to me.

Despite the fact we are always pants on the telly I guess we have to be happy with a bit of extra money though.
[/quote]

Yes why the hell Can''t sky leave us alone. not to bad the Watford match but the breakfast time kickoff for the binners is a bit to much

[quote user="morty"]This won''t please people who have to travel, but makes no odds to me.

Despite the fact we are always pants on the telly I guess we have to be happy with a bit of extra money though.
[/quote]Its the extra ''decent'' cash which does it for me, anything helps.[Y]

I think this is rubbish myself but not a lot we can do about it.  It''s not the same if the first game of the season isn''t a 3pm Saturday kick-off.When do the BBC announce the games they are showing?

Hmmm have any of you lot driven on the A11 on a Friday evening? I can see that around Elveden it will be carnage...especially as it''s August. Not just us exiles coming that route but Watford too

[quote user="yellow blood"]Hmmm have any of you lot driven on the A11 on a Friday evening? I can see that around Elveden it will be carnage...especially as it''s August. Not just us exiles coming that route but Watford too[/quote]Fair point.I doubt Sky care though lol.

Might actually work out better for me, I''m moving to work in Norwich so i''l definately be able to make the game now as i''l just head down to the ground as soon as I finish.

My wife is due the next day, so i wonder what will happen at 7pm on the Friday??!!! Ah, she could always get a taxi! [:P]

[quote user="KCanary"]My wife is due the next day, so i wonder what will happen at 7pm on the Friday??!!! Ah, she could always get a taxi! [:P][/quote]

Where have you ordered her from? ;)

I was really looking forward to a (hopefully warm and sunny) Saturday afternoon kick off, leisurely journey into Norwich, couple of beers (hopefully outside in the sun) before and after the game, but no Sky have moved it to Friday night, now I am going to be all pee and wind to get home from work, get some gut lumber, get changed and into Norwich (hopefully in time for kick off)... and no beers due to lack of time and the fact I will now be driving......ggggrrrr!!!

hurray, i was gutted to be missing the first game of the season, now i can go!  also means the start of the season is 19 hours closer than it was... bring on Malky!

This is really annoying as I was planning to go on the saturday and now can''t.  Bloomin'' sky. grrrrrrrrrrr.

I was really looking forward to it as I thought we had a great chance of winning and getting started in style, but now were on sky that ain''t guna happen!

Excellent chance to send an early message of intent, and get ourselves top of the league from the off.

Delighted (if I can still make it).

Although this doesn''t affect me dramatically, I feel gutted for the season ticket holders that sit around me who come from London, Bristol and Leicester - how crap is it to try and get to Norwich on a Friday evening during the school holidays.  Here''s to being back in the Championsip and Sky start messing around with the fixtures - could be worse we could be in the Prem  [:D]

I can now watch it leisurely in a bar in Corfu.  But pants all the same - can see crowd reduction as a result. 

[quote user="shefcanary"]I can now watch it leisurely in a bar in Corfu.  But pants all the same - can see crowd reduction as a result. [/quote]

I would still expect there to be around 25 thousand at least.

It doesn''t affect me at all but can''t help feeling it''s a new, not entirely unexpected, all time low for the ****s at Sky. I''m sure many will say I''m living in the past but you still can''t beat a 3 o clock Saturday kick off. So the euphoria of getting a home game for the opening game of the season is now tainted for me because it''s a ******* Friday night.

Gone are the plans of waking up on a Saturday morning, super excited because the season is here. Have some brekkie, bus into city, stroll to the pub in the summer sunshine (hopefully) meet up with the mates and talk about the upcoming season.

Now it''s get up, go to work, rush around like a blue a$$ed fly, and maybe squeeze in a pint before kick-off. Cheers Sky ya \/\/ankers.

Money comes in hand but I''m still annoyed. Not to mention how harsh it''s gonna be for our out-of-town supporters who never fail to make a match.

I think that is the only saving grace Mr. Bump. We do need every penny at the moment. Just think it''s a shame they chose our first game of the season to move. Any other game throughout the whole season and people probably wouldn''t have batted an eyelid.