Sign in to follow this  
Beatle

Re: What is your favourite derby day memory?

Milk Cup Semi 2nd leg 1985.

Bruce 3 mins from time.......enough said!

Still my Canary Highlight!

OTBC!

Top of the league at Portman Road. Despite being 2nd in the table i went there quite worried they would bring us back down to earth.I believe this was also the first game after Hucks returned to Man City, so even more reason not to be optimistic. I just received a speeding fine the day before too, so all the omens were bad!But up stepped Leon Mackenzie to write himself into City history which led us to chant, "Top of the league at Portman Road!"

I have some good memories of boxing day derbies back in the ''70''s, but that was probably more to do with the interraction either side of the Barclay dividing fences! [;)]

The two goals from Malky and single goal from Hucks at Carrow Road in the 3-1 win on our way back to the Premiership (2003/4?) The place was rocking as those goals were scored.

[quote user="Dan Druff"]The two goals from Malky and single goal from Hucks at Carrow Road in the 3-1 win on our way back to the Premiership (2003/4?) The place was rocking as those goals were scored.[/quote]

Me and my Grandad were especially rocking! The night before the game I remember my Grandad predicted we''ll win 3-1 and Malky would score first. I put a £1 scorecast bet on that prediction and won a cool £150! Unbeknown to me at the time he had put the same bet on as well. Certainly the best derby I''ve witnessed although it remains the only time I''ve been happy when Ipswich have scored against us converting that penalty.Was even more bizarre not wanting us to score when it was 3-1 and Hucks was burning towards the goal!! Happy memories!

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]

[quote user="Dan Druff"]The two goals from Malky and single goal from Hucks at Carrow Road in the 3-1 win on our way back to the Premiership (2003/4?) The place was rocking as those goals were scored.[/quote]

Me and my Grandad were especially rocking! The night before the game I remember my Grandad predicted we''ll win 3-1 and Malky would score first. I put a £1 scorecast bet on that prediction and won a cool £150! Unbeknown to me at the time he had put the same bet on as well. Certainly the best derby I''ve witnessed although it remains the only time I''ve been happy when Ipswich have scored against us converting that penalty.Was even more bizarre not wanting us to score when it was 3-1 and Hucks was burning towards the goal!! Happy memories!

[/quote]Awesome Day!